Disney again, yes please! August 11-20/2018 PTR, Update 8/8, pg. 23. COMPLETE!!

I plan on us eating at the QS food court here. I will have Andi take a look at the menu and see what she thinks.
I think there are many options here and it will probably be the only time we eat here.

We've always had reasonably good luck eating at the food court at Pop, so hopefully you'll both find things you like there.

No biggie really except I will be very tired by 1am. It is not often this lady stays up past 10pm so 1am yikes!!:rotfl2:

I'm SO with you! A night owl, I am not. I don't know how the people in my class stay out all night on the weekends. I'm in my bed with Netflix by 11pm if it's a really late night for me. :laughing:

I will make sure to pick up several bottles of Diet Coke and waters to have in the room. I will also have some ice cream and maybe popcorn.

Yum! Good call! I'd definitely be taking advantage of the snack situation if I were you, too!

Score on the fastpasses!!! You did so well! Your Day 1 plans look great too. Don't you love it when everything falls into place? :)

Day 1 plans sound great! I think it's smart to use your FPs on the time eaters so you can do other rides during the event! Watching the fireworks from Fantasyland will be nice too!

I just caught up on all of your trip reports! Your trips remind me of me, my mom and sisters "mother-daughter" trips, so fun! My Dad and brother bailed on being obsessed with Disney like us long ago (weirdos :rotfl2:)

I'm so happy you were able to book another trip in August! When I was reading through and saw that you weren't planning on going as much with Andi in college I didn't believe that you would stay away for that long!

I hope you have a great August trip! I'll be there in July myself :banana:

We've always had reasonably good luck eating at the food court at Pop, so hopefully you'll both find things you like there.

I'm SO with you! A night owl, I am not. I don't know how the people in my class stay out all night on the weekends. I'm in my bed with Netflix by 11pm if it's a really late night for me. :laughing:

Yum! Good call! I'd definitely be taking advantage of the snack situation if I were you, too!
I see some good choices to try on the menu at Pop.
It will be tough staying out until 1am especially on travel day!
My plan is to stock up on some extra waters and Diet Coke, I decided to skip Garden Grocer again this trip. I will pick up water at the resort and a few staples. I think with just two of us I save money this way.

Score on the fastpasses!!! You did so well! Your Day 1 plans look great too. Don't you love it when everything falls into place? :)
I was very happy with my FP picks for this trip, it worked well. I have a good share in each park!
Let’s hope I can stay awake and engaged until 1am on the first day.:thumbsup2

Day 1 plans sound great! I think it's smart to use your FPs on the time eaters so you can do other rides during the event! Watching the fireworks from Fantasyland will be nice too!
Thank you! Yes, I thought a few longer rides would be good to get in with FP, except PPF is a really short one but I love it!

I like the different perspective of the fireworks from FL.

I just caught up on all of your trip reports! Your trips remind me of me, my mom and sisters "mother-daughter" trips, so fun! My Dad and brother bailed on being obsessed with Disney like us long ago (weirdos :rotfl2:)

I'm so happy you were able to book another trip in August! When I was reading through and saw that you weren't planning on going as much with Andi in college I didn't believe that you would stay away for that long!

I hope you have a great August trip! I'll be there in July myself :banana:
:welcome:Thank you for reading along and commenting. I just found your spring break TR and I love it, you girls and mom are beautiful in all your pictures!
It is so hard to not plan a trip when you have the Disney bug:love:. I am really glad it worked out to visit in August and to renew the AP!

You have a trip coming up soon:dogdance:

Congrats on getting your Slinky Dog and all your FOP fastpasses! I can't wait to see TSL in October!

I'm jealous of you getting to do DAH. That seems like an amazing event, but it doesn't ever seem to work out for the times I go :sad: And I hear ya about staying up until 1 am, but I think even I would do it for that!

:welcome:Thank you for reading along and commenting. I just found your spring break TR and I love it, you girls and mom are beautiful in all your pictures!
It is so hard to not plan a trip when you have the Disney bug:love:. I am really glad it worked out to visit in August and to renew the AP!

You have a trip coming up soon:dogdance:

Omg I know! I swear me and my Mom are always trying to find time to get to Disney. I love getting that Mother-daughter time in!

Congrats on getting your Slinky Dog and all your FOP fastpasses! I can't wait to see TSL in October!

I'm jealous of you getting to do DAH. That seems like an amazing event, but it doesn't ever seem to work out for the times I go :sad: And I hear ya about staying up until 1 am, but I think even I would do it for that!
Thank you, I was so happy with my choices and it really wasn’t even to hard to get the ones I wanted. I did do the HS and AK first then did the other days!

We loved DAH in February 2017, such a fun way to enjoy MK with very small crowds! Bummer there isn’t one for your trip dates! If there ever is do it:thumbsup2

Hello Everyone,

Time to cover our proposed plans for Day 2. Date will be 8/12/18 Sunday.

The first plan is to sleep in some, hard for this early riser to do! A normal morning wake up time for me is 5:30am. Our late night on Saturday will hopefully have me sleeping in until at least 8:00am!

My plan is some coffee with a Danish of sorts from the food court and to explore some at Pop. We stayed one night in August 2016 before our stay at GF. We really never looked around Pop and never even went in the Main Lobby area! Our room was in the 80’s section so we found a quick path to and from the bus and bypassed the main building.

This trip, I am requesting a room in the 60’s, top floor, with a lake view. I use TP room finder and have them fax my requests 5 days before the trip. This has been fairly successful for us. Twice we have got the exact room I requested!
6817F086-8BD2-4F0D-BE55-36E2F987FDB4.jpeg 817E9341-0A1A-486E-AE67-59130D60EC58.jpeg
Pictures from google images, Thanks!

We will leisurely make our way to DS via bus, we have a lunch ADR at Homecomin! This will be a first for us, yay! We have had reservations for this place several times and for various reasons ended up canceling. I know Andi will probably get the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits. I am still thinking:scratchin. I do love hush puppies so I may get those and another appetizer to try. The ham & jam biscuits sound right up my alley!
61190C6F-EB14-4CDB-8C94-D2A4B2D2AD8F.jpeg
Picture from Google images, Thanks!

We will spend some time shopping around DS, probably before the ADR, which is at 1:45pm. My plan is to try and be seated earlier than our ADR! I have tried to change the time to a little earlier, no luck yet! I just know our pattern and we will be wanting to eat before our scheduled time.
IMG_Jul12018at81440AM.jpg

We will take a bus to AKL from DS because we have an evening planned in AK!
IMG_Jul12018at81731AM.jpg

Our FP+ schedule for today is Dinosaur 4:30-5:30, Safari 5:45-6:45, and FoP 7:05-8:05.
IMG_Jul12018at81543AM.jpg

I was fine with a FP+ for NRJ for this first evening in AK except I was able to snatch this FoP instead:love:

We want to see Pandora at night again, we spent limited time one evening in November and it is worth seeing again! We will snack this evening along the way. We do love Satuli Canteen so possibly eating in there before nightfall starts.
IMG_Jul12018at81631AM.jpg IMG_Jul12018at81827AM.jpg IMG_Jul12018at83713AM.jpg

We won’t stay to late because the plan is for an early morning on Monday!!

So, this is our Sunday plans, please chime in with Homecomin favorites or any critiques to the schedule. I would love to hear from you all!!:idea:

Your plans sound great! I have heard that the new Disney Style store at DS is awesome. I went to a pin trading/Disney meet today and a woman there had this "Tiki, tiki, tiki, room" shirt on that she told me she got there. I was rocking my Canadian Mickey shirt with new maple leaf ears I picked up. Perfect for Canada day! I have not tried Homecomin' yet but maybe next year on our anniversary trip. Your AK plans sound great! I was just able to snag another FP for FoP as they released more this week. I was very happy about that!

img_jul12018at81543am-jpg.334131

This is great!! Such a great photopass picture!

hard for this early riser to do! A normal morning wake up time for me is 5:30am.
This is SO me!! I want to try and let DH actually sleep in some of the days on our trip, especially when we aren't going to a park, but I wake up so early naturally, we will see...I may do a lot of resort exploring with a coffee while he snoozes.
This is such a nice day you have planned. I really struggle with not doing RD on any of my park days, but then DH is only going to have a 5-day Hopper, so we really need to maximize any park time.

Your plans sound great! I have heard that the new Disney Style store at DS is awesome. I went to a pin trading/Disney meet today and a woman there had this "Tiki, tiki, tiki, room" shirt on that she told me she got there. I was rocking my Canadian Mickey shirt with new maple leaf ears I picked up. Perfect for Canada day! I have not tried Homecomin' yet but maybe next year on our anniversary trip. Your AK plans sound great! I was just able to snag another FP for FoP as they released more this week. I was very happy about that!
I love checking out new stores! Happy Canada Day a few days late! So great you snatched another FoP, such a fun ride!
I am excited to try Homecomin, the reviews are good for the most part!

This is SO me!! I want to try and let DH actually sleep in some of the days on our trip, especially when we aren't going to a park, but I wake up so early naturally, we will see...I may do a lot of resort exploring with a coffee while he snoozes.
This is such a nice day you have planned. I really struggle with not doing RD on any of my park days, but then DH is only going to have a 5-day Hopper, so we really need to maximize any park time.
I am up at the crack of dawn everyday even if I am up until midnight, which is very rare these days! I always get ready, enjoy some coffee and take a look around before waking Andi.
I am excited for the relaxing morning especially after a busy first day! We will be rding quite a bit throughout our stay! We loved staying at the Poly because we would hop into MK often and it was so easy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter