Disney buys Harry Potter television rights..

C

charlie,nj

FYI

This is from today’s USAToday newspaper.

Disney has purchased the broadcast rights to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and its yet-to-be released first sequel, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. The company paid $60 million to $70 million for each film and can air them for 10 years on ABC, the Disney Channel and ABC Family beginning in May 2004. Sorcerer’s Stone has made nearly $200 million at the box office so far.

They have said that the price of the Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets movie is still yet to be determined. It will be determined on how well the movie does at the box office next year. The first movie will be on ABC in May 2004 along with The Grinch in 2004.

Anyone besides me think this is a questionable investment of capital ???

And trust me, I'm a guy that usually has no problem with most of Disney's decisions, but this one has me baffled.

Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone has grossed $220 million. $90 million in its opening weekend alone. I really don't think it is a questionable investment considering how popular it is with many people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter