• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney Character Central

PeterPan

Off to Neverland!
Hi all,

I *think* this is the right place to post this... but if not... please move it to the correct place :)

For the last couple months myself and Dan (theverynk) have been working on a website dedicated to Disney Characters in the parks. While we still have a lot to add to it I wanted to announce it here. It can be found here: Disney Character Central

We have a LOT of characters and pictures of characters on the site from WDW, Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris and are constantly adding more.

Our goal is for every character to have information about the character (including where and how you can meet them in the parks) along with a list of all places you can see them (meet and greets, parades, shows, etc), their signatures, their wardrobe (basically pictures of the characters in the different outfits you can see them in), and then pictures of that character.

In addition, for the various shows, parades, and locations in the park have pages showing a list of the characters found there along with pictures of the show/parade/location/etc.

While we still have a lot of information still to add many of the main characters are pretty much "complete" (we will be constantly adding more pictures and info over time but they at least have the basics there)... for an example of what we hope to have for all characters eventually you can see Mickey Mouse's page.

We hope to eventually add more features including possibly a way to comment on characters as well add search to name two. Also, we visit the parks often so new pictures will be constantly added... and this summer we will be visiting Tokyo so we will be adding lots of stuff for their after our trip

We would love any feedback and suggestions

Thank you and hope you all like the site!
Jon

A pretty good page, like the design, very useful. I love meeting the characters and surely appreciate as much information as possible.

I just checked for my fave character, Baloo: You might add the fact, that one can meet him daily on the Africa Greeting Trail in Animal Kingdom, together with King Louie (at least this was the case back in November when I was there).

It is planned to you will accept photo submissions from other people, like on the "WDW Character Finder Utility" site? I'd love to share my pics, although they're not as super-perfect as yours. I just snap away with a simple point-and-shoot.

Keep up the good work, it's a great-looking site so far.

Hi!

Glad you like the site and thanks for the feedback! :)

Yeah, Baloo is one of the many characters we still need to add meeting (and description info) to... we will definitely be adding that info to him sometime soon :D

As for being able to add your own photos... it is definitely possible we will add something like that in the future... we have discussed adding the ability for users to add comments and "discuss" characters; however, we haven't decided how exactly we are going to do that yet. I could definitely see being able to attach pictures to that as well as just text. Good to know that is something you would want to be able to do!

Thank you again,
Jon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter