Disney Cruise

oliphint4

Earning My Ears
HI! I am new to this board and I am not sure I am posting in the right place. I have a son (9) who is Developmentally delayed. He is not physically disabled, although he is quite clumsy. His speech is quite clear, but mentally he functions at about age 5. So, this is my question. We are considering a Disney Cruise and would like for him (and our 7 year old non-disabled son) to be able to enjoy the kids activities. I don't know how well he would function in the group with kids his age. He plays well and has no behavior problems, just lower functioning than he looks.

Has anyone ever had a kid with a disability in the kids program? Are they set up to handle kids with special needs? Would I need to send an older child with him to help out?

Thanks for any input you have on the subject.

Jamie

oliphint4
Sorry I don't know the answers to your questions but someone here will be able to help I am sure:D

I just wanted to say Hi:wave2: and welcome.

There is lots of great information here and everyone is really helpfull.

Jamie,

I believe that the childrens clubs should be fine to take your son, the only thing is that all children have to be potty trained. I have seen them work with all sorts of children, so I cant imagine your son would pose a problem. If in doubt call them directly and ask for sure. I am leaving on Sunday for my cruise part of my vacation I will try and remember to ask one of the kids clubs counselors while I am there.

Aimee

Thanks Aimee. He is potty trained, so that shouldn't be a problem. I hope that you have a great time on your trip!!

Jamie

Jamie,
Thanks for the wishes, this will be a whole new experience for me as I am travelling not only with my 5 year old nephew alone, but also with an injury to my ankle, I am still in a cast part of the time, and will be using a wheelchair for much of the trip. I will look into the childrens areas for you. Have a great week:)
Aimee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter