Disney Discounts This Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The summer is done. If the virus flattened by June, which it won't, it will take a month for Disney to clean up, hire up (a lot of their people probably won't return if Disney stops paying them) and get the maintenance done on everything bloody there.
"This summer is done"? That is not a certainty at all. It might not work out for Disney to reopen full blast in the summer, but it certainly might.

How are you so sure that the virus won't have receded a lot by June? Absolutely no one knows that. It's possible that warm weather will greatly reduce its spread, as it does for most respiratory viruses. It might not, of course. We won't actually know until June gets here.

As for Disney having a hard time getting workers back- I think with unemployment going through the roof due to the coronavirus restrictions & associated economic decline, Disney won't have a hard time staffing their parks. Do you think most of those laid off workers just quickly found other jobs given what's going on right now, lol?

As for the extensive clean-up & maintenance supposedly required to reopen- the parks weren't hit by a hurricane. They were peacefully closed. Regular cleaning & maintenance over the course of a week or so would probably be adequate.

It's also important to keep in mind that the parks, as well as other businesses, public places, etc. might reopen even without the virus being "flattened". Many of our nation's leaders are very concerned about the economy, and aren't willing to sacrifice our country's economic survival to keep virus numbers low.

Minnie, I hope Disney does open back up by June. I am haunted by how this is affecting Disney World. It is possible the government may initiate a rolling system that will allow counties to decide what to open how soon. That would be optimal. Problem here is that this virus is not leaving soon according to all accounts (look at NY). It's not going to just quit.

I have made a pledge to be more positive about this but I will not put myself in a state where I don't see what is actually going on with this pandemic.

"This summer is done"? That is not a certainty at all. It might not work out for Disney to reopen full blast in the summer, but it certainly might.

How are you so sure that the virus won't have receded a lot by June? Absolutely no one knows that. It's possible that warm weather will greatly reduce its spread, as it does for most respiratory viruses. It might not, of course. We won't actually know until June gets here.

As for Disney having a hard time getting workers back- I think with unemployment going through the roof due to the coronavirus restrictions & associated economic decline, Disney won't have a hard time staffing their parks. Do you think most of those laid off workers just quickly found other jobs given what's going on right now, lol?

As for the extensive clean-up & maintenance supposedly required to reopen- the parks weren't hit by a hurricane. They were peacefully closed. Regular cleaning & maintenance over the course of a week or so would probably be adequate.

It's also important to keep in mind that the parks, as well as other businesses, public places, etc. might reopen even without the virus being "flattened". Many of our nation's leaders are very concerned about the economy, and aren't willing to sacrifice our country's economic survival to keep virus numbers low.
There's a certain number of people on this board that think we cannot only shut things down for months but for years and we'll just be fine. All for a virus that when all is said and done will most likely have a kill rate at less than 1% may be less than .5.%. It may not end up killing more than the flu does on any given year. I think when we look back on this we may have a lot of regrets about how we handled it. Hopefully, we learned something from it. Most experts including those on the presidents task force seem to think this virus is seasonal. I fully expect things to be back in business by Summer. I think some people spend too much time watching CNN,

There's a certain number of people on this board that think we cannot only shut things down for months but for years and we'll just be fine. All for a virus that when all is said and done will most likely have a kill rate at less than 1% may be less than .5.%. It may not end up killing more than the flu does on any given year. I think when we look back on this we may have a lot of regrets about how we handled it. Hopefully, we learned something from it. Most experts including those on the presidents task force seem to think this virus is seasonal. I fully expect things to be back in business by Summer. I think some people spend too much time watching CNN,

Time will tell.

But if I were to say: I think some people spend too much time watching Fox...are we now entering political discussion which is forbidden here, hmmmmm??

😏

Time will tell.

But if I were to say: I think some people spend too much time watching Fox...are we now entering political discussion which is forbidden here, hmmmmm??

😏
That's only if you interpret it that way. You could watch any of them and you'd think the world is ending.

The pandemic is still weeks from a peak. No one yet knows what the situation will be like in 2 weeks, let alone June.

Having said that, it does look like effective testing kits are on their way that are simpler, faster, and cheaper. It should not be long before everyone will be tested through testing stations and volunteers. Through testing, the economy can be safely restarted.

The issue for Disney is a lot of people will have depleted any savings they had. To attract customers I have little doubt significant discounts will be offered.

I'm about to book a good authorized Disney wholesaler deal for early December, with full cancellation available in case a better deal is offered up.

Kill rate. What a disgusting term to use about the loss of people‘s lives. The flu kills people over the course of a year. This virus is killing unthinkable numbers over the course of weeks. I’m assuming you are not a health care professional by your attitude. But as a 63 year old RN still working, I get very angry at comments on how overblown this pandemic is. Dr Fauci is the only person on the task force with any credibility & he has not said it is seasonal, since there is no way to know that for certain. Please feel free to spend 12 or more hours at a time caring for & in close proximity to critically ill people who are breathing & coughing their droplets constantly into the air with only a thin paper mask as protection. Come watch healthy people need mechanical ventilation as their body systems shut down before they die. Alone because their families can’t even be with them. Do that over & over as you watch hundreds & thousands die. All while you worry if you will catch it or carry it to your family. And then wake up & do it again.

Do that day after day. Then come back & tell us all how overblown the kill rate is.

That's only if you interpret it that way. You could watch any of them and you'd think the world is ending.

The world has, literally, ended for some people. And many more will still have their world ended before this pandemic is over. And all the loved ones who are left behind cannot be with their loved one who has had to die alone. And all those who mourn cannot do so together because of the social distancing still needed to prevent further deaths. Have some compassion.

Kill rate. What a disgusting term to use about the loss of people‘s lives. The flu kills people over the course of a year. This virus is killing unthinkable numbers over the course of weeks. I’m assuming you are not a health care professional by your attitude. But as a 63 year old RN still working, I get very angry at comments on how overblown this pandemic is. Dr Fauci is the only person on the task force with any credibility & he has not said it is seasonal, since there is no way to know that for certain. Please feel free to spend 12 or more hours at a time caring for & in close proximity to critically ill people who are breathing & coughing their droplets constantly into the air with only a thin paper mask as protection. Come watch healthy people need mechanical ventilation as their body systems shut down before they die. Alone because their families can’t even be with them. Do that over & over as you watch hundreds & thousands die. All while you worry if you will catch it or carry it to your family. And then wake up & do it again.

Do that day after day. Then come back & tell us all how overblown the kill rate is.

Thank you for your service and for being on the frontlines. You are a true hero.

The world has, literally, ended for some people. And many more will still have their world ended before this pandemic is over. And all the loved ones who are left behind cannot be with their loved one who has had to die alone. And all those who mourn cannot do so together because of the social distancing still needed to prevent further deaths. Have some compassion.
The world ends every day for some people. Why do people not care about the people that die from flu, cancer, car accidents, shootings, 68k opiate deaths in 2018 etc. I am compassionate but let's not have selective compassion based on the latest media craze.

Last edited:

Kill rate, fatality rate, death rate. It all means the same thing. You've watched hundreds of thousand die over and over? Really? Isn't the death toll at like 26k now and around 2k in the Us. Thousands of healthy people in need of ventilators? What planet is this? None of this has happened.

Last edited:
The world ends every day for some people. Why do people not care about the people that die from flu, cancer, car accidents, shootings, 68k opiate deaths in 2018 etc. I am compassionate but let's not have selective compassion based on the latest media craze.

You are right. The world does end every day for some people. And I think there are people that care about all those events, flu mortality rate, cancer victims, car accidents, shooting victims, opiate deaths. So many tragedies. And for all those things there have been ventures to combat those issues (vaccinations, MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) and speeding tickets, etc). For shootings - these are in the news all the time and I think a lot of people are facing a lot of anger, hurt, and frusturation that this still happens and the reasons behind it (again a lot of it political), and the war of drugs is often talked about. But can we not have compassion for all these things?

You want to use numbers to bring to light that this pandemic is no biggie. Would anyone in their right mind say that 9/11 was no biggie and we overreacted because "only" 2977 people died?? The world changed on that date. For many reasons and not just because of the number of people and heroes that lost their lives. The potential of what could be - what people realized could be prevented by having more strict travelling and security guidelines - were put in place to prevent it from ever happening again.

And now we are being asked to prevent mortalities by staying at home. Because of what could (and arguably would) happen if we didn't would be deaths that could have been prevented because our healthcare system becomes overwhelmed.

Last edited:
Kill rate, fatality rate, death rate. It all means the same thing. You've watched hundreds of thousand die over and over? Really? Isn't the death toll at like 26k now and around 2k in the Us. Thousands of healthy people in need of ventilators? What planet is this? None of this has happened.

She said hundreds AND thousands.

In New York alone 8,500 are currently in hospital and 2000 are in ICU. This would also include those who were also previously otherwise healthy...

She said hundreds AND thousands.

In New York alone 8,500 are currently in hospital and 2000 are in ICU. This would also include those who were also previously otherwise healthy...
She stated she seen hundreds and thousands die That’s not even possible since the death tolll is around 2k. Just overly dramatic and fear mongering my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter