Disney Discounts This Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejuliestl

Mouseketeer
Does anyone think WDW will have additional discounts or Free Dining offers for this summer? I've got a couple "Sun n Fun" offers in my cart and they aren't bad but I would imagine they can get better. :-)

Looking at the middle to late June time frame, we usually stay at Moderate Resorts and for 8-10 days.

On a side note is there anything new about Disney's cancellation policy? I can't seem to find anything aside from their standard 30 day option. I checked out Universal's and Loews for the 2nd half of our trip and they both have pretty lenient ones right now in case June isn't as Covid-free as Im expecting it to be!

Thanks!!!

It's so hard to tell with discounts and cancellations right now. I was able to get us a savings of $40 overall today when I looked at our trip for end of June/early July because a room opened that wasn't available at CBR last night. I would just keep checking, because you never know. I'm not sure if they would do a heavy promotion right after this pandemic, because I imagine there will still be some restrictions on what they can offer park goers when we finally do get a reopen date.
Cancellations will probably continue to mold to the situation....who knows what will be happening in the summer.

It's so hard to tell with discounts and cancellations right now. I was able to get us a savings of $40 overall today when I looked at our trip for end of June/early July because a room opened that wasn't available at CBR last night. I would just keep checking, because you never know. I'm not sure if they would do a heavy promotion right after this pandemic, because I imagine there will still be some restrictions on what they can offer park goers when we finally do get a reopen date.
Cancellations will probably continue to mold to the situation....who knows what will be happening in the summer.

I suppose I can book and then wait and see if something better comes along.

I'm not even positive WDW will be open this summer. Way too early to tell.

I would bet a paycheck, maybe a year's worth of paychecks they will be open. This country would have to resemble something out of Mad Max in order for everyone to be shut down through the summer... and this virus isn't a Mad Max level event.

I would bet a paycheck, maybe a year's worth of paychecks they will be open. This country would have to resemble something out of Mad Max in order for everyone to be shut down through the summer... and this virus isn't a Mad Max level event.

I'm not saying the country will still be shut down, but everything I read says even as some restrictions are lifted we will still be socially distancing for a long time yet. Not sure how that works in the SDD line or on ToT. But really nobody knows at this point. It certainly doesn't hurt to have a reservation in your back pocket. I personally wouldn't buy plane tickets though.

I moved our last week of June trip back to August mostly based on the fact I don't know what's going to happen with work and want to make sure we can have spending money when we visit.

I'd imagine they'd have to put some new discounts out..not sure if they'll try to be packing all the resorts as soon as the gates open (like a previous poster mentinoed about things not being opened all at once) but I'd think by by summer proper they'll be throwing out deeper discounts/deals. But that's just my guess/wishful thinking!

Tell that to Italy.

Italy isn't the United States. The population is significantly older, the 2nd oldest population of any country on earth. 25% of those under 39 live with their parents..... 23% are over 65, they kiss each other when they greet, they hug each other when they depart, they have a half a million Chinese living in the area that this started a significant portion of which traveled to Wuhan... they were caught early on so they didn't have the time we did to implement changes necessary to slow it down... the season that it hit promoted it propagation, I'm talking about SUMMER in ORLANDO... I can go on and on but you can also just Google this yourself and CHILL OUT

I'm not even positive WDW will be open this summer. Way too early to tell.

The summer is done. If the virus flattened by June, which it won't, it will take a month for Disney to clean up, hire up (a lot of their people probably won't return if Disney stops paying them) and get the maintenance done on everything bloody there. Not to mention restocking and rehiring all restaurants and such. Face it friends, it's a whole new world, perhaps without Disney World for a long long time. I reserved Boardwalk this summer and am not hopeful, at all.

The summer is done. If the virus flattened by June, which it won't, it will take a month for Disney to clean up, hire up (a lot of their people probably won't return if Disney stops paying them) and get the maintenance done on everything bloody there. Not to mention restocking and rehiring all restaurants and such. Face it friends, it's a whole new world, perhaps without Disney World for a long long time. I reserved Boardwalk this summer and am not hopeful, at all.
This assumes all or nothing. It's not as if one day everything is closed, and the next day everything is open. They will open resorts gradually. They may open parks gradually. Perhaps on day 1 only MK will be open. Within the parks that are open, not all attractions and restaurants will be open.

I've never agreed with anyone more on these boards. The people that think this country can stay shut down for more than a month or so and were all going to be just fine and dandy......what do these people do for a living? Government jobs maybe? Total Zombie apocalypse if were shut down in the Summer and I may be one of the zombies.

They will return to Disney if they’re still living in central Florida. The longer this goes on, the higher the unemployment rate, the less disposable income...the less options.

They’ll go back. The only question will be if guests still have money to go back.

At this point, I think it’s too early to tell if more summer discounts are coming. I think there are a lot of factors to consider, one being how long this goes on. If I were to guess, I would think we’ll see more discounts.

The sun and fun discount hasn't really impressed me as being that great.granted something is better than nothing but this one is kind of meh IMO.

We went ahead and booked for the middle of June, if something better comes out before the middle of May we can switch it (free dining anyone!?!)

When this is "over" it doesn't mean the virus is gone. It means it is under control to the point that our hospitals can keep up with new severe cases without any outside assistance so we don't have a repeat of Italy.

Also, keep in mind we don't know what this virus will do. Even if it seems to go away in the summer, it might mutate and come back in the fall with a vengeance, similar to what the flu viruses do. I hope not, but that would be the worst case.

I'm considering cancelling our December trip - I have time to watch and wait, but know it may be for the best if they think this is still around. I don't want to.

When this is "over" it doesn't mean the virus is gone. It means it is under control to the point that our hospitals can keep up with new severe cases without any outside assistance so we don't have a repeat of Italy.

Also, keep in mind we don't know what this virus will do. Even if it seems to go away in the summer, it might mutate and come back in the fall with a vengeance, similar to what the flu viruses do. I hope not, but that would be the worst case.

I'm considering cancelling our December trip - I have time to watch and wait, but know it may be for the best if they think this is still around. I don't want to.
Exactly. I have a July trip planned. If we don't feel safe to travel then, we'll simply wait until 2021 and be happy with the trips we got so far this year out of our APs and let them expire.

They will open resorts gradually. They may open parks gradually. Perhaps on day 1 only MK will be open. Within the parks that are open, not all attractions and restaurants will be open.
Why would they open gradually? Having just one park open, especially with limited attractions & restaurants, would just crowd people together even more. I think they're more likely to delay opening a week or so until they know they can open everything, rather than try to open gradually over the course of a week. Also, how would they compensate/mollify people who bought tickets, and can only get into one park? That would lead to a lot of ticked off guests & I just don't see it happening that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!