Disney Dream January 22, 2018 - 4 Day Bahama Cruise

So sweet!!

What a big heart your son has, and how wonderful that you all follow through with such kindness.

He is a great kid, and I can't brag on him enough. He definitely has a giving heart, and would help everyone if he could. He now has his sights set on pre-med with a goal of becoming a pediatrician. And as for the follow through, creating magic (by spreading a bit of pixie dust) doesn't stop when we leave a Disney destination. It is a way of life!

~Tink~

Happy Monday everyone!!!
We are down to only 8 Mondays until our cruise. Who's packed? :wave:

Well, whether you are or aren't, I am sure you could use a break from the holiday mayhem.
So, I have prepared a Forget Me Not that will work for all of your holiday fun as well as our vacation.

This weeks Forget Me Not is Your Appetite!
:cake::stir:popcorn:::mickeybar
As with most cruises, food is in abundance aboard the Dream, but this is Disney, so you know that there won't only be a lot of it, you know it will be good!

The eating starts as soon as you get on board. You have your choice of venues for your first vacation meal (and whether you have eaten already on that day, or on your journey to the boat, this is still your first vacation meal. What is so great about a vacation meals? No Calories of course!!!!!). A majority of the cruisers will head up to Cabana's for their first taste of Disney (which will be open from the time we board until about 3). While up on the pool deck (not far from the Buffet), you will find Flo's Cafe - home to 3 food stations—Luigi's Pizza, Tow Mater's Grill and Fillmore's Favorites - where you will find just about anything you are looking for from healthy fast food choice with things like paninies, salads, and fruit to traditional comfort foods like hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, chicken, and pizza. Save room for desserts. You will be able to find your frozen treats at Eye Scream, or you can most likely find me at Vanellope's Sweets and Treats!
Your final option is a sit down meal in one of the main dining rooms. I am not sure which one, but it will be listed on the Navigator you are given at check in, or you can ask any cast member.
You are going to want to give you body a chance to digest that lunch and go out and exploring the ship before dinner, because that is where we will get a grand 3 course meal (well not including the breads). No matter where you are assigned for dinner the first night, rest assured you will get a tummy full. And by the way, here are a few dining room tips: if you see more than one thing you are interested in, don't be afraid to ask to try both (but be warned you will get a full helping of each, and every waiter we have ever had was clearly raised in a 'clear your plate' type household); and, if you have an allergy that you have not previously notified Disney about, don't worry, you still can notify your server or the Matre de (another warning though. If your allergy is one that you can take medicine for, such as a dairy allergy, and you still want to have that food item, do not alert them about this allergy [for example, I am allergic to lactose and dairy solids, but I love ice cream and chocolate. Thankfully, I have medicine that I can take that allows me to have as much as I want of each of those unlike my fish oil allergy that makes any great surf and turf options a no go]). They will not let you order anything with that food item in it. On the other hand, if you can not take medicine for it, please do notify them straight away. I would also recommend asking to speak with the head chef in the Buffet, and Palo (if applicable).
The next morning will bring around more dining options (which will be repeated on all except for 2 of the remaining days). For breakfast, you can choose from room service (no charge, but tips are recommended), formal dining room, or buffet. Your Navigator will tell you the operating hours for each option. Then for lunch, all 3 of those options are available again, plus the 3 offerings up on the pool deck, and the Quiet Cove Cafe.
Then for dinner, we again are back to our rotational dining. You can also dine at the buffet, room service, pool deck, or Palo for dinner.
The only 2 days that will be different, will be the day that we are at Castaway and debarkation day. On the day at Castaway, you will have the added option of eating at Cookies BBQ on Castaway (no additional charge). Which is the best BBQ (asides from Animal Kingdoms Flame Tree) East of Texas. The other difference is our last morning on board (which we only have the option of formal dining room for breakfast- which will be in the same dining room you ate at the night before).
Now if you are a Hobbit, and are used to Early Breakfast, Early morning snack, second breakfast, mid morning snack, early brunch......you get the idea..... you will be fine. However, if you are not, you may want to pace yourself. I was once told a typical cruiser gains 5 pounds a day on a cruise. I have yet to experience that, but I can see how it would be possible - if any of the vacation food had calories!!!!!

Have a great week.
~Tink~

In case anyone is interested, I just posted my latest video (Vacation Planning - Mustard Drill). This one is about one of my families favorite planning parties, and if you want to get everyone more involved with helping get ready for the cruise, you will like this one.

~Tink~

Happy Monday Everyone!!! I can't believe we are down to only 7 Mondays!!!

With the trip drawing near, everyone should be thinking about packing soon. So, a good idea for today's Forget Me Not would be packing a boarding day bag.

If you have been searching the web to help you prepare for your cruise, I am sure you have seen someones (or a lot of someones) carry on bag list. So, the idea of a carry on bag probably is not a new idea to you. Even if that is true, I still wanted to remind everyone of a couple things because there are a few Very Important packing must knows for day 1.

Unfortunately, I do not know what the weather has in store for us on embarkation day. So, plan to be prepared. You will want to dress in layers in case of a chilly morning that burns off to become a beautiful afternoon. And, if your swimsuit is not one of your layers, plan to pack it in your carry on bags along with some sunscreen! You don't need to worry about the towels, Disney has you covered. If you have your favorite monogrammed Disney beach towel, toss it into your checked bag to save you some room in the carry on.

There is a possibility that you will be eating a few meals before you see your bags again...that is considering the Hobbit meal plan I talked about in the appetite reminder. There also is a chance that you will not receive your bags prior to dinner, so toss what ever you will need for the first nights dinner in your carry on as well. Cabins with early dinning, or those whose bags end up in the naughty room would be the ones most likely to encounter this. Our first nights dinner will be cruise casual (no shorts, swimsuits, or tank tops please).

Speaking of the naughty room, items that would be best kept in your carry on instead of your checked bags would be questionable liquids...for example those that may be used to conceal prohibited alcohol. You are allowed one 6 pack of beer, or 2 bottles of wine per adult, and if you are bringing those items on board, you must carry them in your carry on bags. If you're interested in finding out what the naughty room looks like, you can ask for a tour instead of taking the risk. All of your fellow travelers would encourage you to place items like that or anything else that could break open and stain clothes in your carry on for safe gentle handling.

You are also going to want to make room for any valuables (such as jewelry or those top shelf top dollar FE's :rotfl2:) and all your medications (including a small first aid kit - bandaids, antiseptic wipes, cough drops, ginger gum or candies, and so on.
While I am thinking of a first aid kit, if you, or any family member, are prone to sea sickness, make sure to have what ever remedy you plan to use with you in your carry on bags. My son is especially susceptible, and begins to feel bad before we even set sail if he does not have his sea bands on.

Your are not going to want to forget to have your mobile device handy as well. First so that you can make sure to turn it on airplane mode to avoid any hefty charges, and second so that you can connect with family and friends with Disneys free app. Oh and unless you are bringing a camera, you will want to be able to start documenting your vacation and posting pics on snap shot (before airplane mode of course) to make all your friends at home jealous!!!!

Ok, we have our changes of clothes, we have our sun screen and meds, we remembered our wine / beer, your appitite, and your phones or tablets, so what am I forgetting?????

Oh, I am forgetting the most important things, your family. I know they can't fit in your carry on bags, but all of their ID and boarding documents can. Even if you forget everything else, remember to keep all of your travel documents (printed cruise contract, passports, drivers license, and/or birth certificates) in your carry on bags. You will not be able to check-in or board the ship with out them. And I would think it would go with out saying that if you have your ID, you have your wallet, but I don't want you to forget anything. So, remember your wallet, and have a few singles in there to tip the porters when they take your bags.

That is it for this week. I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season, and enjoying the company of friends and family.

~Tink~

Monday Forget Me Not's

Happy Monday all. We only have 6 more Mondays after today before we set sail. :woohoo::boat:

This week, I want to remind everyone to bring their Dancing Feet. :dancer: Leave all your inhibitions at home, and don't worry about what others may think. You are on the cruise to have fun, so live it up.

We are going to have several opportunities to show off our dancing skills. :dance3:
The smooth moves will start with the sail away party up on the pool deck. This is a must do event. It gets you in the mood to have fun Disney Style.
During the cruise adults will have nightly opportunities to get their grove on in the different night clubs. :dogdance:
Which can be intermixed with some comedy, game shows, and snacking.
The kiddos will get daily opportunities to improve their moves in the kids areas.:smooth::banana:

On Pirate Night, we will be having another deck party, which means, you guessed it, more dancing. pirate::hyper:

And if you still have a few moves left in you by the time we get to Castaway, there will be a family dance party scheduled as well. party:

Now, if you are one to stay on the sidelines and just watch :ssst: keep in mind my Forget Me Not about your appetite. If you are enjoying the Disney food as much as I know I will be, all of this dancing will give you the opportunity to burn off some of those calories (yes I know I said vacation calories don't count, but who wants to take the chance). Plus you are burning the calories with out stressing about exercise, because you are having FUN!!!!

So, practice up, and be ready to Bust a Move. :dogdance::dance3:party::woohoo::dancer::banana:

Have a great week,

~Tink~

On the Dream now, and we’ll
have 4 showings Premear of The Last Jedi today!

On the Dream now, and we’ll
have 4 showings Premear of The Last Jedi today!
We were originally booked for this sailing, but we were not able to make the timing work. We will definitely make the 3rd release.
Are they doing any special Star Wars stuff? Aside from the movie I mean.

~Tink~

They have had some crafts activities. They have shown The Force Awakens a couple of times.

Anyone interested in Local Candy Snack Exchange please send me a conversation with your information, cabin, number of adults, children in cabin and if there are any allergies folks should know about.

I will not be back on line any more today!

:boat:

They have had some crafts activities. They have shown The Force Awakens a couple of times.

Anyone interested in Local Candy Snack Exchange please send me a conversation with your information, cabin, number of adults, children in cabin and if there are any allergies folks should know about.

I will not be back on line any more today!

Bobbi is super busy and has limited internet access as she enjoys the Dream early. We can make getting her list together a bit easier.
Anyone that has previously said they were interested in participating in the Local Candy Snack Exchange, and anyone who has not yet said so, but are wanting to take part can copy and past the set up below into a personal message to bobbiwoz.

Cabin #:
# of Adults in cabin:
# of Children in cabin:
Allergies that anyone should know about:

Back on land heading home to snow!

Candy/Snack Exchange sign ups!

Please send me a conversation!
We need cabin #, # of children, # of adults

If you have any allergies, let us know!

Thank you!!!

Looking forward to the Exchange!

Bobbi

Send me a conversation with your
Cabin number
Number of adults and number of children in cabin
If there are allergies we should know about!

Bobbi

Happy Monday everyone! We are down to 5 Mondays. With next week being Christmas, I will either post 4 weeks before this coming weekend, or next week on Tue. or Wed. But for now....

Monday Forget Me Not's
(Only 5 more Monday's after today :D)

This week, is all about items you need after you have enjoyed your day on deck or at the beach :beach:

Make sure you pack products for after Sun :sunny: and after wind:boat:.
Nothing ruins your cruise faster than a bad sun burn or dried out chapped skin from wind burn.
As much as I hate to admit it, knowing that with skin cancer I should be very careful out in the sun, I will start having fun, and forget to reapply my sun screen. And, unless you live in southern Florida, the sun will be more intense than you are used to, on this cruise. The last thing you are going to want after a day of fun is going to be the reminders that you too forgot to reapply. A good product to have in your luggage to help with this is a tube of Aloe Vera or an after sun treatment w/ a pain reliever. I have found that keeping this in the ice box in the room, makes for a soothing relief from the burn.
And for the first time cruisers, something that you may not realize is how much the wind will effect you. After being up on deck all day, or on the beach all day (we will most likely have windy days on the beach this time of year), your skin and lips will dry out and potentially become chapped. A helpful prevention is to stay hydrated, but after the fact you will want a good moisturizing lotion, and some chap stick (or Eos - now with UV protection). As part of the toiletry amenities in your cabin, you will have body butter. This is good for your dry skin. Our family is also partial to Mary Kays night cream (if you have ever used Mary Kay, it is the pink stuff that has the consistency of Vaseline and has a distinct smell).
These to small (and easily forgettable) items could make the difference between being comfortable enough to make it through all of the clothes that you have packed in your 2 allowed pieces of luggage (per person), or wearing the only comfortable sun dress or tank top in your luggage for the remainder of the cruise.

Have a great week and a happy holidays,

~Tink~

Last edited:
For anyone that may be visiting Disney before or after the cruise, and is staying at one of the Disney Springs (Down Town Disney) area resorts that are not owned by Disney may find this news release helpful. Actually anyone visiting in this next year.
EXTRA MAGIC HOURS For Disney Springs Resort Area Hotel Guests!
Stay at any of the Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels and enjoy Extra Magic Hours at the Walt Disney World Parks from January 1 – December 31, 2018!*
The Extra Magic Hours program allows you to enter a specific theme park one hour before official opening on certain days of the week. On other days of the week, one of the theme parks stays open for two hours after the general public closing time. You can enjoy extra time on select attractions with smaller crowds! This benefit has been reserved for guests of the Disney-owned Walt Disney World hotels and the Swan and Dolphin, but for 2018, Disney is opening up the benefit to guests staying at hotels in the Disney Springs Resort Area!
The seven Disney Springs Resort Area hotels are considered Official Walt Disney World Hotels by Disney, and are on Disney property but not Disney-owned. They run their own bus transportation and are within walking distance of Disney Springs.
Be sure to read more about the MouseSavers Preferred Hotels in Disney Springs, where you can get exclusive MouseSavers offers and discounts for the following Disney Springs Resort Area hotels:
B Resort and Spa located in Disney Springs Resort Area
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton in the Walt Disney World Resort
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista in Disney Springs Resort Area
Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
MouseSavers readers who stay at any of the MouseSavers Preferred Hotels in the Disney Springs Resort Area during 2018 via any exclusive MouseSavers offer are eligible for Extra Magic Hours! No special codes are required to get the Extra Magic Hours benefit. Just book the hotel through our special links (or using the given phone number in some cases) and you’ll be given the Extra Magic Hours voucher when you check in.*
*Valid Theme Park admission and an Extra Magic Hours voucher are required. To get your Extra Magic Hours voucher, you must show your valid theme park tickets at the hotel front desk (you can purchase tickets at the hotel upon arrival, but obviously it’s cheaper to buy them in advance ). When planning your schedule, please remember that to visit more than one theme park on the same day, you’ll need to purchase the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option with your theme park ticket. Extra Magic Hours must be used during the dates of your reservation. Valid through 12/31/18. Please note that not all Walt Disney World attractions are available during Extra Magic Hours. Extra Magic Hours schedule and available attractions are subject to change without notice.
60-Day Booking for FastPass+ Selections For Disney Springs Resort Area Hotel Guests
The other big news is that guests of the Disney Springs Resort Area hotels who book a Walt Disney World vacation package will also get 60 day advance booking of their FastPass+ selections, starting January 10, 2018! Booking an official Walt Disney World vacation package via an Authorized Disney Travel Planner agency like Small World Vacations does qualify for this benefit, and the rates will be the same as booking directly (but you will not get the special MouseSavers exclusive discounts). Room-only bookings directly with the hotel or via other sites like Expedia or Orbitz will not qualify for this benefit.
In order to book FastPass+ selections at 60 days from the arrival date, the Walt Disney Travel Company package booking number needs to be linked to the guest’s MyDisneyExperience account, and a valid theme park ticket or annual pass needs to be linked as well. (Typically the package will include a ticket, but there are ticketless packages for people who already have an annual pass or prefer to get their ticket separately.)

Thank you Pixiehollow!

Cabin number

Bobbi

Please do this all by December 26...I will send group information out on the 28th!

Attention all FEers:
We got the cabin number for our gty cabin member. I entered it in the spreadsheet. We are all set to go!!!

~Tink~

Any more? Will be sending out the information to whole group next week!

Cabin number

Bobbi

Last Day today!!

Cabin number

Happy Tuesday everyone, we have 5 days left in 2017 and 4 Mondays left until our vacation.
This week I want to share a Bare Bones packing list for this weeks Forget Me Not's. You can also watch the list on my very first video I ever recorded (spoiler alert: I was very green under the collar when it comes to videos) - check it out here:

And now........
Here is this weeks Monday (Tuesday) Forget Me Nots.

First let me start by asking a question. How many of you look like this :scared: or o_O or :crazy2: or :( or :tongue: or :sad: or :scared1: in prep mode currently. If you raised your hand for any of them, take a deep breath and remember that planning is supposed to be HALF the fun, not ALL the anxiety. Even though it is still, technically a school holiday, I am going to step into teacher mode for a minute. We are going to let P = Planning, C = cruise, and F = Fun (oh, and we can not forget S = stress). In a balanced equation, 1/2 P + 1/2 C = 1F. Now if you try to add -1SP + 1/2 C it will not = 1F. The result will be -1SP + 1/2 C = -1/2 F. If I lost you with all of the algebra :confused:, basically, what I am saying is don't let yourself get so stressed with your planning and packing that it takes away from the fun of anticipation, and the fun of the vacation.

So, as if I didn't confuse you enough with vacation planning algebra I am sure you are wondering what does all this have to do with your Forget me not's?????

Well, I don't want anyone to loose sight of why we are all here. Sure we may come from different backgrounds, and different parts of the country (heck even different parts of Texas where the football team or college team you support could create a strong difference in opinions), and different ideas of what a vacation means to us, but one thing we all have in common is a strong enough love for Disney, and a desire to enjoy time with our family (what ever family means for you) that we booked a Disney Cruise.

To help everyone take a moment to refocus, I am going to have a Forget Me Not list that is contrary to all my previous ones. I have 3 more weeks after this to get in last minute reminders. This week, I want you to imagine that I am telling you today that the ship is here, and it is time to go. I am not trying to bring you to maximum level stress, instead, I am going to list the bare minimum that you could probably grab in just a few minutes, and be out the door and on the way to the ship for a cruise of a life time.
Here goes, the bare bones, must haves, to enjoy your cruise:

Family and friends that you are sailing with
Swim suit
A dress for the girls, and pants for the guys so you are set for dinner
A change of clothes and shoes so you are not always in your swim suit and flip flops or dinner attire
Your Disney side
Everyone's boarding documents (if you already did the online check in, it is just a printed copy of your signature forms)
and Your photo ID.

Everything else is just extra. With these 7 things, you are set for fun.

The theme for today is, Take a deep breath, Refocus, and Remember all the fun we are going to have in just over a month!!!!!

~Tink~

PS. The video actually has 13 things!

Cabin number

Bobbi
I have sent a conversation to members.
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter