Disney dropped Li Shang character from Mulan because of #MeToo

I mean, I don't really. He didn't become a real love interest until after she was out of the military. He never did anything inappropriate. That said, it seems the new movie has a somewhat different storyline anyway - I don't mind the change but I also wouldn't have been bothered if they kept it the same.

He didn’t sexual assault her and what’s the political correctness have against good old fashioned romance.

Omg, it's too bad they take things too far and ruins and gives a bad name to what I think is an important movement. Seems that's the way everyone rolls nowadays in so many things.

In the modern day military, relationships between commanding officers and subordinates is frowned upon. In a lot of companies, relationships between managers and employees is frowned upon. Mulan does end up with a love interest, which I still think was a bad move, but whatever. He is a recruit named Chen Honghui

In the modern day military, relationships between commanding officers and subordinates is frowned upon. In a lot of companies, relationships between managers and employees is frowned upon. Mulan does end up with a love interest, which I still think was a bad move, but whatever. He is a recruit named Chen Honghui

Yeah, but Mulan and Li Shang didn't really become a couple until after it was all said and done and Mulan was no longer in service of the military. All she really does is make secret goo-goo eyes at him when she first sees him. That said, I don't mind that they changed it but only because I don't want a carbon-copy of the original.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter