Disney extending 60 day FP to non disney resorts

Are those the same hotels that used to get access to Extra Magic Hours?

I have to admit I was surprised that the Swanfin had the privilege but the hotels on hotel plaza did not. I really thought they were included. What other hotels are Disney Good Neighbor hotels at WDW?

I agree, it's annoying, but I wonder if this is being done to cut down on the throwaway room reservations (and reduce last minute cancellations)?

I'm surprised they jumped right to 60 days. You could still give these 'good neighbors' a leg up on other hotels by giving them something like a 50 day advanced booking.
Also, do they get 60 days ahead of the first day of the trip, or is it 60 days rolling, so you have to book for exactly 60 days out for each day you are there? That would affect things.

I'm surprised they jumped right to 60 days. You could still give these 'good neighbors' a leg up on other hotels by giving them something like a 50 day advanced booking.
Also, do they get 60 days ahead of the first day of the trip, or is it 60 days rolling, so you have to book for exactly 60 days out for each day you are there? That would affect things.
I suspect it will be the same 60 window that's currently in use at Disney owned resorts and the Swan & Dolphin. Resorts that participate will probably have to pay Disney for the privilege.

I do too. The timing about this is kind of interesting to me. Right now, FOP is the only one worth rushing to the computer to make. Next year, maybe slinky coaster. After that though, there will be tons of new E-Ticket rides.
I wonder if they set this up now to test the impact that it has on how many people stay on property while the stakes are still a little lower in terms of fastpass availability. They could then end or roll back the benefit as they see most beneficial in a year or so.

I'm confused by their rationale for this. I'm sure the participating resorts will have to pay an additional fee but they are adding thousands of rooms to this "special" perk which helps justify the cost of both WDW hotels and DVC.

There are some huge resorts on that list- Bonnet Creek, Waldorf Astoria, Caribe Royale... in addition to cheap motels like Best Western and Clarion Inn.

The Disney resorts are 50-100% more expensive than comparable offsite hotels, is it worth it if all you get is bus service and an hour or two extra in a park?

Last edited:
Umm ... maybe this opens the door to increased perks for on-site guests, qualified DVC members (staying onsite or not!), AP holders, etc.? Maybe these groups are about to get even better FP+ windows ... or something?

The of three things that I consider being a bonus of staying on-site and paying the much higher room prices are the transportation, Extra Magic Hours and the ability to get first crack at FP+. Why would Disney take away a perk that allows their customers to justify paying over $100 to stay in a themed Motel 6 (which is all a value resort is to me after experiencing moderate and above)?
Do you think Disney is planning on buying these additional hotels? Maybe this will be the pet district? :rotfl2:

I had to check the article to make sure it wasn't dated April 1. I fail to see a rationale for Disney to offer such a perk to non-Disney hotels, unless they are planning on opening up the FP+ window to on-site hotel guests to 90 or even 180 days. It makes a lot of sense to open it to 180, since dining is already at 180.

Next year, Walt Disney World will implement a fee-based FastPass+ program, comparable to what has already gone into effect at the Disneyland Resort. The days of free FastPasses is coming to an end and this move is intended to familiarize Good Neighbor Hotel guests with the system, prior to the fee implementation.

Also, DVC members will not be getting free FastPasses. Our offering will be comparable to that of Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders.

Next year, Walt Disney World will implement a fee-based FastPass+ program, comparable to what has already gone into effect at the Disneyland Resort. The days of free FastPasses is coming to an end and this move is intended to familiarize Good Neighbor Hotel guests with the system, prior to the fee implementation.

Also, DVC members will not be getting free FastPasses. Our offering will be comparable to that of Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders.
You seem to be spreading a lot of rumors that aren’t supported by facts. Where did you come up with this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!