Disney Fantasy April 21, 2018

43 more days!! We just booked this cruise yesterday!! So Excited!

43 more days!! We just booked this cruise yesterday!! So Excited!

Nice. The Florida resident rate was good. My only issue is I cannot find any Palo Brunch, Drink tastings, or disney junior character breakfast. Any guess as to going to guest services for the first day and getting lucky with a reservation?

stoked. Has anyone been on deck 10 before. We are below cabanas. Don't think we will get much noise.
We'll be on 10 too, right under Cabanas, looking forward to it. Read some about the noise from above, but we'll be awake and ready for each day so no worries.

Our first Disney cruise was the Dream in 2011. The cruise specific meet threads were much more active back then. I do most of my cruise chatting on CC, but the Disney section there has never been very active because everyone was here.

Do we think there is a pretty good chance we will actually go to Tortola? How far. Out were the other sailings notified that they were going to St. Marten? An odd substitution since it seems like they were hit harder by the hurricane than most.

I signed up for a Disney excursion to Jost Van Dyke. Been trying to get over there and it looks like the Soggy Dollar Bar has been rebuilt.

Just thought I would let you know, if you have not heard, Tortola is a no go. We will be going to St. Marten instead. This is information via a Cast Member and separately a Concierge host - the official notice should be coming out to us soon. But, be prepared for that.

They just announced Avengers Infinity War will be released on April 27! I think that means we will get it on the ship? (Yes yes???)
They will have a "Prem-ear" showing at midnight of the day it's released - so it comes out on land Friday, therefore they will have a showing on Thursday at midnight. I hoped that maybe Thursday they would play the movie as our show for the evening, but I've heard people say that they won't play it before midnight.

Last edited:
Just thought I would let you know, if you have not heard, Tortola is a no go. We will be going to St. Marten instead. This is information via a Cast Member and separately a Concierge host - the official notice should be coming out to us soon. But, be prepared for that.

They will have a "Prem-ear" showing at midnight of the day it's released - so it comes out on land Friday, therefore they will have a showing on Thursday at midnight. I hoped that maybe Thursday they would play the movie as our show for the evening, but I've heard people say that they won't play it before midnight.
Thanks for the update. Hoping they announce the port change soon so it gives folks time to plan.

Bummed that we won't be going to Tortola, got the notification this morning, this is our second cruise with Tortola canceled the other one was 3 years ago I think. We'll try again in January on the Edge.

On an up note I guess our cruise documents came in the mail today! I didn't know any cruise line did that anymore, most just make you print your own.

Thanks for the update. Hoping they announce the port change soon so it gives folks time to plan.
They are opening up excursions on March 16th, so you may want to get online now and start looking because I think it may be a mad rush. People seem to be in a tizzy trying to replan and are chomping at the bits to book something! They are just switching Tortola day to St Maarten, everything else for the cruise is the same. If you previously booked an excursion in Toratolla through Disney, it has been automatically canceled already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter