Disney Fantasy June 26 2021

ghtx

DIS Veteran
I'm starting the thread for this cruise. We just rebooked on this cruise after our June 2020 cruise on the Dream was canceled. Looking forward to it!

We just moved to this cruise from the June 13, 2020 cruise after it was cancelled. Painful to start the countdown all over again, but now we have something to look forward to. We will be celebrating my oldest son's High School Graduation as well as other son's 16th birthday. My daughter will be 13.5 when we sail.

Second cruise for us but the first one in more than 15 years! :)

How's everyone feeling about cruising next summer? Do you think COVID will be behind us and we'll be able to enjoy a Disney Cruise as they were pre-pandemic?

Question for those booked for this cruise: Are you still planning to go if you have to wear masks on the ship?

Second cruise for us but the first one in more than 15 years! :)

How's everyone feeling about cruising next summer? Do you think COVID will be behind us and we'll be able to enjoy a Disney Cruise as they were pre-pandemic?

I am hopeful for the cruise, but am contemplating if it's worth it if we have to wear masks on the ship, even after testing negative and proving results. 🤷‍♀️ Or do I push it a year and go to DisneyWorld instead summer of 2021. Then again, you have to wear masks there too. lol

I have the same angst. This is such a rare opportunity for us that I don't want to spend that much money for a degraded experience. If the virus is still having a significant impact on the cruise offerings then I'll probably cancel and wait for things to get back to normal. The real bummer is that my kids are getting older and now is a perfect time for them to go on their first Disney Cruise.

It is definitely going to be a different experience because of COVID. Most likely masks will be required in all public areas, except maybe the pool and the beaches. That doesn't bother me too much; we just spent 5 days in Disney World with the masks and you get used to it pretty quickly. I trust that if they are able to run cruises again, even under the social distancing restrictions, they will do what they can to make it an excellent experience. :)

My wife and I were just talking about this. I suspect the cruise might happen but I'm concerned that it would be in the first month or two of reopening. I really don't want us to be amongst the first cruisers. I'd rather Disney have the opportunity to learn from a bunch of initial sailings and I'd like to hear how the experiences are. Will the shows still be happening? Will there be fireworks? Is dinner still fun? Food? Entertainment? Etc...

Assuming we get the vaccine by the summer, I can handle masks (we had a great time in WDW last month) but I really don't want to go on this cruise if they're offering a diminished experience.

How're y'all feeling about it?

I feel the exact same way. We went to WDW in September and to Universal in November, and had a great time in both places despite the restrictions. But, we have been to theme parks dozens of times, and we knew what was canceled and what was open, so we knew what to expect. We didn't mind that there weren't fireworks or parades.

This would only be our second cruise, so I am more hesitant to go through with it with all the restrictions since I think I wouldn't be able to enjoy it as much. E.g. no shows, limited dining, limited or no port excursions would be a huge bummer.

If by some miracle this cruise isn't canceled, then I think we will still probably rebook anyways for a cruise in summer 2022.

Yeah, we're probably in the same boat as you (nyuck)...I was hoping for a good alternative during Spring Break 2022 but didn't see any itineraries that I was interested in. Maybe we'll see you in 18 months! Or, maybe the virus will magically disappear. That would be cool, too. :)

I think we've decided to reschedule for summer 2022...we're just too concerned that the experience will be too greatly diminished. What are y'all going to do?

I think we've decided to reschedule for summer 2022...we're just too concerned that the experience will be too greatly diminished. What are y'all going to do?
I am about 90% sure that we will also re-book for summer 2022, even if the cruise isn't canceled.

It was pretty telling when I realized I didn't want to go on a cruise without deck parties/entertainment/free-roam shore excursions/etc... We can handle this, we already lost the 2020 cruise so I can handle yet another wait. Might as well make the wait worthwhile! :)

Alas, we have canceled our reservation for this cruise. :( We are planning on rebooking a cruise for summer 2022 once those are announced, hopefully next week. This cruise still might actually sail, but we'd prefer to wait another year.

Good luck planning for 2022! We haven't cancelled ours yet but it's a sure thing. We're just waiting for the new announcement and we'll cancel and reschedule with one call. We're aiming for summer 2022 as well, maybe our paths with cross then. :)

Good luck planning for 2022! We haven't cancelled ours yet but it's a sure thing. We're just waiting for the new announcement and we'll cancel and reschedule with one call. We're aiming for summer 2022 as well, maybe our paths with cross then. :)
We aren’t going to cancel ours we have 3 staterooms booked (all 3 are concierge 1 bedroom suites with verandas) and we are bringing a party of 12
We have 3 kids under 2 that will be going on the trip (2 infants and a 18 month old) but the rest of us can all wear masks and the whole party will be getting tested

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter