Disney Fantasy- Oct 20, 2018 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

esquared221

Mouseketeer
Ok, I got tired of waiting for someone else to start this thread. I wanna talk about my cruise!!:rotfl:Who's going on this one with me?

I'll start the Convo.

This will be my DH and my 4th cruise but the first with DCL and the first with our children (DD 11 and DS 7 at the time of departure). We are beyond excited! We have a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with a Verandah (aft) that my husband talked me into but I'm concerned about whether the recent dry dock fixed the vibration issues guests have complained about. We had a vibrating aft room on a Norwegian cruise ship once and found it very unpleasant (especially after too much champagne ).
I'm planning to decorate my stateroom door and hoping to participate in a fish extender group. We're also planning a group costume for the 4 of us and Im planning to get all our costume stuff when everything goes on clearance after this Halloween. We're currently planning to all go as characters from one of our favorite WDW attractions and it's the kind of group costume only "Disney people" are likely to recognize.
I so looking forward to sharing our love of cruising with our kids and getting some relaxing time in while the kids play at the Oceaneers Club. Everyone I know that's done a Disney Cruise says this is the best part
We are taking our kids out of school that week so I plan to have my kids keep travel journals. I made one for DD for our last trip in 2014, full of writing prompts and places for keepsakes, plus a scrapbook-esque place at the end for photos. I'm going to have DD continue this one and make a more age appropriate one for DS who will only be in 2nd grade when we go. Not only do these give me something to work on while I wait ever so patiently but they also make adorable keepsakes.

What's the part you're looking forward to the most? Anyone else have a list of creative projects a mile long to keep you busy while you wait?! :laughing:

Hello. My wife and I (mid 30's)are going on our third Disney Cruise. We loved the Fantasy so much and we just went on a NCL and kept saying how much we enjoyed the Fantasy. It's just the two of us, no kids with a Verandah on deck 9.
Can't wait to be onboard. We will dress up for both pirate night and the Halloween night as well.

My husband and I did a Royal Caribbean cruise 2 summers ago and it was so nice to have a kid-free vacation! Have you and your wife decided on excursions yet? Have you done Eastern Caribbean the last times you cruised the Fantasy?

Hi. We have moved our merrytime cruise we had booked for December 1st to this date instead. Since we had already done 2 previous merrytime cruises. Figured a change to a Halloween cruise would be something a little different. This will be mine and my dh s 5th Disney cruise, we are bringing our youngest grandchild Ella with us. She will be 5 almost 6at time of cruise. We usually take turns bringing our grandchildren to Disney each year. Ella 1st cuise and I know she is gonna love it,took her to disneyworld when she turned 3 and she still remembers all of it. Looking forward to chatting with everyone during our long wait until we set sail,,at least my wait just got shorter with the change in dates. We are booked into cabin 5022 . Hope we don't miss the balcony this cruise but so looking forward to all the extra space this room gives along with the separate room and 2nd tv. Which when travelling with a little one can be a bonus!

I'll start the Convo.

This will be my DH and my 4th cruise but the first with DCL and the first with our children (DD 11 and DS 7 at the time of departure). We are beyond excited! We have a Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with a Verandah (aft) that my husband talked me into but I'm concerned about whether the recent dry dock fixed the vibration issues guests have complained about. We had a vibrating aft room on a Norwegian cruise ship once and found it very unpleasant (especially after too much champagne ).
I'm planning to decorate my stateroom door and hoping to participate in a fish extender group. We're also planning a group costume for the 4 of us and Im planning to get all our costume stuff when everything goes on clearance after this Halloween. We're currently planning to all go as characters from one of our favorite WDW attractions and it's the kind of group costume only "Disney people" are likely to recognize.
I so looking forward to sharing our love of cruising with our kids and getting some relaxing time in while the kids play at the Oceaneers Club. Everyone I know that's done a Disney Cruise says this is the best part
We are taking our kids out of school that week so I plan to have my kids keep travel journals. I made one for DD for our last trip in 2014, full of writing prompts and places for keepsakes, plus a scrapbook-esque place at the end for photos. I'm going to have DD continue this one and make a more age appropriate one for DS who will only be in 2nd grade when we go. Not only do these give me something to work on while I wait ever so patiently but they also make adorable keepsakes.

What's the part you're looking forward to the most? Anyone else have a list of creative projects a mile long to keep you busy while you wait?! :laughing:
We stayed aft. on the fantasy cabin 6188. Very back of ship. No issues at all during our trip .we have an upcoming trip end of September. Staying off-site for the 1st time

Hi. We just booked this cruise. It will be dh,did, 4 year old granddaughter and me. We can't wait.
Our granddaughter will be on board as well. Have you sailed with dlc before? Hope the time till cruise passes quickly

We have traveled on the magic in 1999 & 2011. This will be our 1st time on the fantasy.
Our 1st 2 cruises were on the magic and we were a little apprehensive when we booked our 1 St cruise on the fantasy because it was a lot bigger and thought it may loose some of the magic which we felt on the smaller ship. The Fantasy did not loose anything at all we loved it! Will always hold a special place in our hearts for the Magic though since she was our 1st ship to cruise on.

Quiet thread here. Hopefully. It will pick up soon,. Still a long way off till cruise. But we are not far off from the 1 year mark! Although that's good in 1way as it will take me forever to figure out what to create for the fe exchange which I'm sure will be added sometime later on I'm planning on going shopping for the material to make another. Later this week as Halloween inspired stuff should be out in the store by now .I do not sew..so have to get it made. Which my mother has done for us on the past cruises. She is great at making them, even at her age,which is 90 but one would never imagine she is that old..

We might do FE. My daughter is very creative and a wonderful bargain shopper. It depends on how large FE group gets

We might do FE. My daughter is very creative and a wonderful bargain shopper. It depends on how large FE group gets
Past cruises the number varied but we found 10 cabins worked well. We split the rest into 10 and you could decide if you wanted to be in more then 1group. With travelling space is usually an issue as far as packing goes. So 10 is pretty manageable

Storms in the Caribbean are impacting cruise ships. Hope we have better luck with weather on our cruise,wish everyone impacted all the best! Feel so bad for all those people in Texas. Thoughts and prayers to all!

10 rooms for FE would be great. We could handle that. Our prayers go out to everyone dealing with hurricanes

I'm on the fence about FE. I was super excited to do it but after hearing so many negative experiences I'm having second thoughts. I am planning to decorate our door tho! Anyone planning to decorate too?

I'm on the fence about FE. I was super excited to do it but after hearing so many negative experiences I'm having second thoughts. I am planning to decorate our door tho! Anyone planning to decorate too?
Yes we will be decorating our door as well. The Fe exchange can be very time consuming but it really is a lot of fun! If it is 10 cabins as the limit that really helps with it being manageable.Since this will be our granddaughter 1st cruise we will join in I know she will be thrilled with it! If you have children cruising sometimes they have done them just for kids and not the adults. I guess once it gets started we can all put our ideas out there.

I'm sure my dd will decorate door. It's very scary with the hurricanes this year. I'm praying that everyone is safe and are able to recover quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter