Disney Fantasy- Oct 20, 2018 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Hi Everyone,
DH and I just booked this cruise a few weeks ago. This is our first ever cruise and are so excited to be going on the Disney Fantasy! We are celebrating my DH and I's anniversary and our DS 7 Birthday as he will turn 8 while sailing. We have not told DS yet and are going to surprise him with this cruise as a Birthday/Anniversary trip rolled into one. So excited!!!

Not just trying to get enough posts to update my profile pic... really... 41 days to go. Third Disney cruise, first 7-night and first Eastern Caribbean. Looking forward to more time on the ship. Previous trip DS was just shy of 18 and enjoyed the heck out of the teen club. Sorta sad he's not joining us this time because of university and work (those pesky things). But DD will be 11 this time and is excited to go to a different club. Still deciding if we are driving or flying from Ohio. Prefer the flexibility of driving. Not sure the time savings is worth the cost and frustration of putting up with the airport folks before and after happy days of the cruise. Hmmm....

Welcome aboard, we are driving from Illinois. We will be staying at disney a couple of days before the cruise and after the cruise. I hope the current hurricane situation doesn't effect our cruise. It's Isaac and Helene that might effect us. We are dvc members so parking at resorts doesn't cost us the new parking fee thank goodness .like you we like having the freedom our car gives us. Not much posting going on hope it picks up as trip gets closer. We enjoy sharing and hearing about everyone's experiences hope to see you soon

Not just trying to get enough posts to update my profile pic... really... 41 days to go. Third Disney cruise, first 7-night and first Eastern Caribbean. Looking forward to more time on the ship. Previous trip DS was just shy of 18 and enjoyed the heck out of the teen club. Sorta sad he's not joining us this time because of university and work (those pesky things). But DD will be 11 this time and is excited to go to a different club. Still deciding if we are driving or flying from Ohio. Prefer the flexibility of driving. Not sure the time savings is worth the cost and frustration of putting up with the airport folks before and after happy days of the cruise. Hmmm....

Welcome aboard we are driving from Okawville,Illinois. Like you guys we like having the freedom our car gives us also can go to port when we want. We are dvc members and will be staying at wdw for a couple of days before our cruise. Not much posting going on hope it picks up soon .We really enjoy hearing and sharing experiences with everyone. Hope hurricane season slows down soon. Hope to see you soon.

My husband and I will be going on this cruise, our first time on the Fantasy and first cruise as Gold members. Has anyone done this one before? I was wondering how close the ports are to good shopping/eating areas in Tortola and St Thomas. Can you walk or do you need to take a vehicle? Hoping to be able to do some browsing on our own without purchasing an excursion.

My husband and I will be going on this cruise, our first time on the Fantasy and first cruise as Gold members. Has anyone done this one before? I was wondering how close the ports are to good shopping/eating areas in Tortola and St Thomas. Can you walk or do you need to take a vehicle? Hoping to be able to do some browsing on our own without purchasing an excursion.
Welcome aboard, we did one eastern cruise but that was in 2007, it didn't stop in Tortola, it did stop in St Martin/St Thomas, we took an excursion, if I recall there wasn't anything close to the port, but since it was so long ago things probably changed.

Can’t wait! Anybody has suggestion on port excursions in Tortola? We are interesting in the baths & beach bar hoping .... with 2 kids (7&3yr old)

Hello! just registered for disboards.com after many years of reading.
This will be our third Disney Cruise, and we cannot wait! Wife and I with our two boys (8 & 6).

We've never participated in the FE exchanges, but would be open if there's one going. Anyone aware of an existing thread for it?

Hello! just registered for disboards.com after many years of reading.
This will be our third Disney Cruise, and we cannot wait! Wife and I with our two boys (8 & 6).

We've never participated in the FE exchanges, but would be open if there's one going. Anyone aware of an existing thread for it?
Welcome aboard, we joined up about a month ago, I don't think there is a FE exchange thread or a fe exchange for this cruise, I haven't seen anything or heard of anyone starting one.

This is our third Disney Cruise. My DD will be 11yo this time. She was too young for the kids' activities the first time, and she was too shy to enjoy them when she was 8. This time she's much more out-going and confident and looking forward to the kids' clubs and activities. Still, does anyone have kids 11 - 14 who are interested in going to the Edge club?

This will be my 3rd Disney cruise. My second on the Fantasy doing the Eastern Caribbean. I've been to St. Thomas before (recommend the Caribbean Sea Safari, snorkel and beach tour) but we went to St. Maarten instead of Tortola last time. There's a party of 6 of us. All adults. My parents and then the rest of us are between mid 20s-30s. I've been trying to book adult dining and the beverage seminars online, but I've been getting 404 messages for over a week. Is anyone else having issues with the site?

This will be my 3rd Disney cruise. My second on the Fantasy doing the Eastern Caribbean. I've been to St. Thomas before (recommend the Caribbean Sea Safari, snorkel and beach tour) but we went to St. Maarten instead of Tortola last time. There's a party of 6 of us. All adults. My parents and then the rest of us are between mid 20s-30s. I've been trying to book adult dining and the beverage seminars online, but I've been getting 404 messages for over a week. Is anyone else having issues with the site?
Welcome aboard, we booked last month and all of the beverage seminars were booked up, I just checked the web site and had no problem, most of the adult dining is also sold out. My suggestion is to check with the concierge after boarding someone might of canceled.

Welcome aboard, we booked last month and all of the beverage seminars were booked up, I just checked the web site and had no problem, most of the adult dining is also sold out. My suggestion is to check with the concierge after boarding someone might of canceled.
Thanks! I will be sure to do that. I was able to get a Tequila and Margaritas tasting. Must have been a cancellation. I'm really hoping to get Mixology. Fingers crossed I can get in once on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter