Disney Fantasy - Rainforest Room Pass?

MissBree

Earning My Ears
I was scrolling Pinterest and read an article mentioning a pass for the Rainforest Room that grants you entry every day of your cruise. Is this a real thing, and does anybody know the price and if I can book it online? Thank you!

Yes, it's a real thing.

The one-day pass can be purchased online, but the length of cruise is purchased on board, I think.

Yes its a real thing. Rainforest room is an adults only spa area that has steam rooms, open different shower experiences and on the Dream class ships, hot tubs. Length of cruise prices depend on how long the cruise is, but day passes are $16.00 plus automatic gratuity which brought it to about $18.50.USD You can use the pass as many times as you like for the day you activate it. A one day pass is bought but not assigned a date. You activate it by checking in at the Spa deck and saying you want to use your one day pass. From that moment on it's good for that one day.

Yes its a real thing. Rainforest room is an adults only spa area that has steam rooms, open different shower experiences and on the Dream class ships, hot tubs. Length of cruise prices depend on how long the cruise is, but day passes are $16.00 plus automatic gratuity which brought it to about $18.50.USD You can use the pass as many times as you like for the day you activate it. A one day pass is bought but not assigned a date. You activate it by checking in at the Spa deck and saying you want to use your one day pass. From that moment on it's good for that one day.
Do they have to be assigned to a specific person when you order them?

No. Single Day passes just come as a paper pass. They are left in your room on embarkation day and should be there when you arrive. If they aren't go to guest services and ask. The Length of cruise pass is assigned to one person.

Just booked it for upcoming trip on the Dream. Instructions from the chat agent: To order you can go on our website under My Disney Cruise, In-room Gifts & Amenities, under Onboard Gift and Amenities, Choose a Port, (item SPA RAIN PKG) and download a gift order form and fax it to (407)-566-3760. You can also purchase it by calling 800-601-8455 or 407-566-7000 Monday - Friday 8:00am - 10:00pm (ET) Saturday - Sunday 9:00am - 8:00pm (ET).
I called the 800# and booked 3 days x 2 = 6 passes @ $18.88 per ($16 + 18% gratuity). Multi-day and couples-multi-day are only available when onboard. I'm going to try to negotiate a refund from what I just bought (I know, good luck LOL). But didn't want to risk passes selling out entirely.

The length of cruise pass can only be purchased on board. Just head up to the spa when you embark. If I recall, the cost for a 7 night cruise is $193 for a couple and $144 for an individual. IMO it's well worth it.

So...correct me if I'm wrong, but if hubby and I only want to visit the Rainforest Room for 5 days of our week long cruise, I could buy 10 day passes ($160 plus gratuity) ahead of time and come out cheaper than having to purchase a $193 length of cruise couples pass. And I'm guaranteed that it won't sell out. Will they let me buy 10 single day passes ahead of time?

So...correct me if I'm wrong, but if hubby and I only want to visit the Rainforest Room for 5 days of our week long cruise, I could buy 10 day passes ($160 plus gratuity) ahead of time and come out cheaper than having to purchase a $193 length of cruise couples pass. And I'm guaranteed that it won't sell out. Will they let me buy 10 single day passes ahead of time?

Your math makes sense - not sure if they limit how many you can buy in advance.

We just got back from a 7-day on the Fantasy. Some additional info: I did not see any worth in going to the Rain Forest. If you wait until on-board to buy a day pass, the cost is $27/day. We had heard this was a good experience and signed up for the couples weekly rate. We are not experienced with steam rooms, and my wife has some mobility issues, and we are 65+ yrs old. The plaques in the showers are hard to read, they probably explain the differences between the shower areas - can't imagine taking my reading glasses into the showers. They seemed to vary from cold to warm - didn't do much for me. Warm couches were nice. The hot tubs: hard to get in and out of and the bottoms are stainless steel and slippery. Wife couldn't use them. To top it off, my wife got locked in one of the sections of the women's shower room and no one could hear her calling for assistance. I had no idea where she was and an attendant at the front desk checked the women's rooms and insisted she wasn't in there. Someone finally opened the door and she got out - after about 20 minutes. We told them that it wasn't something for us, that we were willing to pay for the one day we tried it, and wanted a refund of the difference. That's when they tried to charge us $27 each for the one day, but I told them I would not agree to that. Ended up paying them $16 ea plus gratuity. Didn't want to create a big issue about wife getting locked in.

The staff are pleasant, and my wife did get a massage there later - enjoyed it a lot, although it was pricey.

For our 2016 Fantasy cruise, I was able to purchase a multi day pass beforehand - don't know if this can still be done but I do remember that I had to call to make it happen. I was just looking into getting another one for our upcoming cruise.

For our 2016 Fantasy cruise, I was able to purchase a multi day pass beforehand - don't know if this can still be done but I do remember that I had to call to make it happen. I was just looking into getting another one for our upcoming cruise.
This can still be done. It's crazy that they charge you less per day if you book multiple days ahead of time, vs. a length of cruise pass once on board (since you can't book it ahead of time). It's some strange Disney Math.

I called the other day to get my pass for March 31st Fantasy cruise - I was not able to get the length of cruise pass over the phone as I had done in 2016, the CM said length of cruise is only available once on board. I ended up getting 4 single day passes and they were $18.88 each (with the spa tax).

If you buy the individual passes online ahead of time but decide once onboard that you would like to do a length of cruise for yourself or as a couple, the cost of the one day passes can be applied to the cost of the upgrade....we were able to do this on the Wonder. Total cost for couples pass length of cruise was $206 (and change) which included 18% gratuity. Two days into the cruise, we received notice that as DVC members we could get $10 off so they refunded us that, lowering the cost to $196. The Fantasy offers much more than the Wonder in terms of size...both are nice areas to escape to and the Spa staff does limit the number of passes sold each cruise so it isn't overcrowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter