Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that that card was drop shipped from Amazon (although someone did mention it upthread). Drop shipping is perfectly OK on eBay but in this case it's really all part of the scam.

That was me, I know drop shipping is totally normal but in this case it seemed odd since Walmart gift cards are not sold at Amazon at least that I could find, and what third party would pay their storage fees for drop shipment of cards anyway.

Now that I see that, there are NO $460 Walmart gift cards on Amazon so there is no way that Amazon would have drop shipped it to you from their fulfillment center and put in a $10 Amazon gift card by mistake. That also lets the pizza folks off the hook.

Purchased gift card was $500 for $460, but anyhow no amount is sold by Amazon. I would go back to PayPal on this as I said on the wrong card received since I think their protection is to avoid disputes in amounts or usage after the shipment... You flat out didn't get what you ordered and you want to start a return process to the seller, they should allow you to provide a tracking number that you shipped it back to the shipper (Amazon? LOL!! You will have to get an address from them.) and once it shows delivered they would issue a refund. I have had to go this route before for a seller that would not respond.

I wonder if you can ask Amazon for some help on this. They might be able to use the tracking number to find the person who sent it to you.

The barcode below the tracking number as I mentioned contains the Amazon order number for tracking on their end, below the bar code is a encoded order number in text I am sure. However I am not sure Amazon will give up anything but even tho I said before you agreed not to issue a charge back/waved rights you may try making a case to your credit card company again with all this new info and say that PayPal is not hearing your case so you want to dispute it with this evidence so they will look at it.

By the way, HI ALL! Long time lurker of this thread/site but newer member. Returned earlier this year after I found that my old process via target.com was no longer valid. Getting ready to leave in two days for our first of three trips in the next year and the credit card thread here is to thank for that. LOL.

Well after all of your input I think maybe I will revisit this and try going through PayPal again. I had pretty much written it off as money lost. I’ll report back if I get anywhere.
You need to make a claim that the item was “significantly not as described (SNAD).” You’ll almost always win that one. You’ll lose a claim that the item wasn’t received because the scammer seller has sufficient proof of delivery.

Well after all of your input I think maybe I will revisit this and try going through PayPal again. I had pretty much written it off as money lost. I’ll report back if I get anywhere.

I would actually call EBay. I had a case recently where the tracking showed my two items were delivered, but I never received them at all. I called USPS, and went to the Post Office, but they didn’t have the package, either. I politely contacted the seller but she gave me a completely flat and lifeless response, which really took me aback.

I ended up having to open a case on the two items with EBay, and they found in my favor on one item, but denied my case on the other item. When I called EBay and told them what happened, they turned the decision in my favor.

Also, supersnoop is right, you need to file a SNAD, not an item not received. But talk to EBay and explain what happened.

Hi everyone, Just a heads up that there is a new Best Buy gift card deal out thru cashstar, buy a $150 gift card and get a $15 promo code for future use - details below. For those who are new, Best Buy gift cards are ABSOLUTELY ALLOWED by corporate policy to purchase other non - open loop gift cards (ie, anything except visa, Mastercard or Amex gift cards), although every once in a while you might get a manager or cashier who claims that you can't do it. Personally, I have never had a problem buying a gift card with the Best Buy gift card and most people have not had a problem.

$15 SAVINGS CODE OFFER

• Valid 12/20/17-12/25/17 online only.
  • $15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 1/21/18 for use toward a future purchase made from 1/21/18-2/3/18.
  • Maximum of 3 $150 e-gift card purchases during promotion time period per customer and savings codes will be sent via e-mail in $15 increments.
  • Valid e-mail address required to receive savings code.
  • Savings code may be redeemed online and in store.
  • The value of the savings code will not be refunded if merchandise is returned or an order is cancelled.
https://bestbuy.cashstar.com/?ref=cashstar

You need to make a claim that the item was “significantly not as described (SNAD).” You’ll almost always win that one. You’ll lose a claim that the item wasn’t received because the scammer seller has sufficient proof of delivery.

Having been both a buyer and seller on ebay for 15 years, I just wanted to point out that if you file a SNAD and win it is the seller who ends up losing the money. On the other hand, if you claim you never received the item or file a chargeback with your credit card company, it is ebay who will end up taking the loss. I don't think there is any problem with filing the SNAD with someone who is trying to scam you, but if it is something that just legitimately that got lost in shipping, it might be wrong to lie and file a SNAD and make the seller lose money if they did nothing wrong.

Hi everyone, Just a heads up that there is a new Best Buy gift card deal out thru cashstar, buy a $150 gift card and get a $15 promo code for future use - details below. For those who are new, Best Buy gift cards are ABSOLUTELY ALLOWED by corporate policy to purchase other non - open loop gift cards (ie, anything except visa, Mastercard or Amex gift cards), although every once in a while you might get a manager or cashier who claims that you can't do it. Personally, I have never had a problem buying a gift card with the Best Buy gift card and most people have not had a problem.

$15 SAVINGS CODE OFFER

• Valid 12/20/17-12/25/17 online only.
  • $15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 1/21/18 for use toward a future purchase made from 1/21/18-2/3/18.
  • Maximum of 3 $150 e-gift card purchases during promotion time period per customer and savings codes will be sent via e-mail in $15 increments.
  • Valid e-mail address required to receive savings code.
  • Savings code may be redeemed online and in store.
  • The value of the savings code will not be refunded if merchandise is returned or an order is cancelled.
https://bestbuy.cashstar.com/?ref=cashstar

Had no problems last time getting disney gift cards. Already paid for our trip but did 450 in my name and my wife’s name. Will use it as spending money at the park in March or use it for the hotel room in June if we book that before March. Hard to beat $90 for free plus another 15 almost 20 in rewards certificates.

Just to doublecheck - there's no 4x GCs going on at Kroger right now, are there? I don't see it online or anything.

Shopkick now has Disney gift cards! You can redeem for 25 or 50. It doesn't say how you'll get it, if it's an actual card or digital but this takes the Target step out :)

-cross posting in the swagbucks thread
Thanks for the info!

Can Disney eCards be combined with physical cards at disneygiftcard . com?

I love having options, but Shopkick is such a slow earner for me I prefer to cash out every $10.

Agreed. Last night I went to Target, and it told me I had received too many walk in kicks there and had to wait 2 more days before I could get more. My last trips were Dec 3 and 4, from the 10% GC deal, and then Dec 9... :confused3

You'd think they'd want me in there more than 3 times a month since those kicks are only worth about 10 cents :rotfl:

Thanks for the info!

Can Disney eCards be combined with physical cards at disneygiftcard . com?

I'm not sure that they can. My husband bought me an eCard for my birthday from disneystore.com and I could not add it the the disneygiftcard.com site. :/ When I called customer support they said that an e-card cannot be combined and that it tells you that at the time of purchase. Not sure if the ones we get from Shopkicks would be the same type and would have the same problem.

I had to print out my e-card and bring it with us on our trip to apply towards our annual passes.

I'm not sure that they can. My husband bought me an eCard for my birthday from disneystore.com and I could not add it the the disneygiftcard.com site. :/ When I called customer support they said that an e-card cannot be combined and that it tells you that at the time of purchase. Not sure if the ones we get from Shopkicks would be the same type and would have the same problem.

I had to print out my e-card and bring it with us on our trip to apply towards our annual passes.
They definitely can in some cases. I got a $5 one when Disney Vacation Account shut down. I combined it on DisneyGiftCard.com with a regular gift card. Maybe the Disney Store sells a different type of egift card???

WARNING! DO NOT UPLOAD TARGET GCS TO THE TARGET APP! JUST GOT HACKED AND ALL $255 ARE GONE. SPENT IN CALI WHILE I LIVE IN TX. THIS HAPPENED YEARS AGO AND TARGET ACTS DUMB WHEN YOU BRING IT TO THEIR ATTENTION.

I bought a $25 e-GC last week from disneystore . com (or shopdisney or whatever its called now). I added it on the disney GC site to another GC , no problem.

WARNING! DO NOT UPLOAD TARGET GCS TO THE TARGET APP! JUST GOT HACKED AND ALL $255 ARE GONE. SPENT IN CALI WHILE I LIVE IN TX. THIS HAPPENED YEARS AGO AND TARGET ACTS DUMB WHEN YOU BRING IT TO THEIR ATTENTION.

Oh no! So sorry to hear that! I hope you get it resolved quickly. Thanks for the heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter