Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Same price online. But online I can only use 4 of my $25 Walmart GC (swagbucks), whereas at the store, they let me use as many GC toward the purchase as I want. -- or at least they did the last time I bought Disney GC for a previous trip.
So maybe I'll be buying in the store this week.
Can you do 4 gift cards and a credit card to cover the rest online, do you know? In about two weeks I'm going to have 3 $25 gcs and 2 $5 ones, so I've been curious.

Going to try the Best Buy / Swagbucks / Chase Pay dealio tomorrow. It's still working, right? No news of glitches or failure to credit lately?

Have you all seen this? Once again the DIS is mentioned but this time about Disney Gift Cards:

upload_2018-6-20_18-2-47.png

The conversation is regarding the new Target policy. What I find interesting is Target did it right by putting it in writing whereas Best Buy (who totally sucks!) did nothing.

Link: https://pointstoneverland.com/target-gift-card-policy-change/

EDIT: Everyone, say hi to Mark, author of this article. :wave2:

upload_2018-6-20_18-14-37.png

Last edited:
I'm so glad I cashed out my last $150 of Target GCs for Disney GCs last week.

Guess it will be a long time before I shop at Target agian.

At least Walmart still works, guess they'll be.geting my business from now on.

I'm so glad I cashed out my last $150 of Target GCs for Disney GCs last week.

Guess it will be a long time before I shop at Target agian.

At least Walmart still works, guess they'll be.geting my business from now on.

Me too, though I only had $80 and have $5 remaining. Do yourself a favor and don't hold onto anything at this point.

I sold my Best Buy gift cards to Cardpool, I didn't have any good use for them coming up and couldn't guarantee that whatever electronics we'd buy would be from there anyways, so I figured I'd cut my losses now.

I had 5x$25 from Swagbucks (cost $0, I didn't do any paid activities at that time), and $157.50 from Raise (cost $148.82) that I bought 2 days before BB stopped taking GCs, and only bought to do the sb shop deal. So $282.50 total for $148.82. Cardpool is paying $250.04.

TopCashBack is offering 4% for GCs sold to cardpool, so if that pays out what it's currently showing that will be $16.70 (I had trouble with one BB GC, so it's counted twice here, if it's corrected it will be $10).

So I should get $260.04 or $266.74 for $282.50 in GCs. I'm okay to lose $20ish to just have the cash now, and at least I can use it for .

Since I was selling the BB GCs, I had a REI GC DH got as a gift over 4 years ago for $25, that we've never used, so I sold that too. $25, Cardpool is giving $20.13 plus $1 from TCB.

So are there any places left that will allow you to buy a Disney GC with one of their store's GCs?

I've been saving up my "buy x, get $GC" from Target GCs that will now not be converted to Disney, but that's no big deal because I go to Target rather frequently, so they'll definitely be used.

So are there any places left that will allow you to buy a Disney GC with one of their store's GCs?

I've been saving up my "buy x, get $GC" from Target GCs that will now not be converted to Disney, but that's no big deal because I go to Target rather frequently, so they'll definitely be used.
I think Walmart? I’m just going to do Target as we get groceries there. Then use the grocery money to buy gift cards.

Welp, no reason to shop at Target anymore. :sad2:

I agree and disagree o_O

No, I won't be buying Target Gift Cards during their yearly 10% off discount. I personally don't shop there enough to justify that.

Yes, I will take advantage of purchasing items I need and will use at an incredible low price point when they add a "free Target GC" to the mix. And just like @Luna81 stated, use X money I was planning on spending to buy Disney Gift Cards. Here, one hand washes the other.

I agree and disagree o_O

No, I won't be buying Target Gift Cards during their yearly 10% off discount. I personally don't shop there enough to justify that.

Yes, I will take advantage of purchasing items I need and will use at an incredible low price point when they add a "free Target GC" to the mix. And just like @Luna81 stated, use X money I was planning on spending to buy Disney Gift Cards. Here, one hand washes the other.
I used the free gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards. In fact, I am now stuck with a $20 Target giftcard that is useless to me since they changed their policy without notice. The free gift cards with purchase were the only reason I shopped at Target. I can get the same products at my grocery store for the same price and not have to make multiple trips/stops. So I'll skip Target from now on and do it all at my grocery store or Walgreens.

I used the free gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards. In fact, I am now stuck with a $20 Target giftcard that is useless to me since they changed their policy without notice. The free gift cards with purchase were the only reason I shopped at Target. I can get the same products at my grocery store for the same price and not have to make multiple trips/stops. So I'll skip Target from now on and do it all at my grocery store or Walgreens.
Not totally useless. You can still use that $20 to grab a few necessary items when they go on sale. But I hear ya. The only reason that I walked into Target was to redeem my Target GCs for Disney GCs. And to pay my bill (because I inevitably would buy something else while there). So now Target won't be getting any business from my impulse buys since there's no reason to stop in there.

I love me some Target! It's bright, clean, well-laid-out, and staff are helpful (at least at my local Target). Prices are good, especially the free gift card ones.

Last week, I got a $5 gift card for buying $15 worth of yogurt. Total win because the regular Target prices were the same as my grocery store sale prices, so the $5 GC was completely extra. But I will say that I only buy things that I would have normally purchased (we've almost finished all that yogurt), and I'm pretty good at not being swayed into buying something I don't want/need or that is more expensive just to get the GC.

Now that Toys R Us is closing down, and our Kmart closed last fall, I'm running out of local places to get toys. If I plan ahead, Amazon Prime is good, but for day-of-birthday-party shopping, I'm pretty much left with Target or expensive boutique toy store.

There was an interesting debate a week or two ago about saving for Disney vs saving for life in general. If I save at my general life purchases, I can more easily afford a Disney vacation. Doesn't really matter to my bank account which category gets the savings.

I sold my Best Buy gift cards to Cardpool, I didn't have any good use for them coming up and couldn't guarantee that whatever electronics we'd buy would be from there anyways, so I figured I'd cut my losses now.

I had 5x$25 from Swagbucks (cost $0, I didn't do any paid activities at that time), and $157.50 from Raise (cost $148.82) that I bought 2 days before BB stopped taking GCs, and only bought to do the sb shop deal. So $282.50 total for $148.82. Cardpool is paying $250.04.

TopCashBack is offering 4% for GCs sold to cardpool, so if that pays out what it's currently showing that will be $16.70 (I had trouble with one BB GC, so it's counted twice here, if it's corrected it will be $10).

So I should get $260.04 or $266.74 for $282.50 in GCs. I'm okay to lose $20ish to just have the cash now, and at least I can use it for .

Since I was selling the BB GCs, I had a REI GC DH got as a gift over 4 years ago for $25, that we've never used, so I sold that too. $25, Cardpool is giving $20.13 plus $1 from TCB.

I got Best Buy gift cards from I think Raise as well and still have a $100 one left. Are you not the least bit concerned that whomever buys it claims it has zero dollars on it and they(Cardpool) claws your money back? It's why I haven't sold mine. I'm sure we'll eventually need something electronic wise. Just wondered if it crossed your mind.

I got Best Buy gift cards from I think Raise as well and still have a $100 one left. Are you not the least bit concerned that whomever buys it claims it has zero dollars on it and they(Cardpool) claws your money back? It's why I haven't sold mine. I'm sure we'll eventually need something electronic wise. Just wondered if it crossed your mind.

This is what's stopping me. I have $50 to Macy's that was a gift, and I literally never shop there. I don't mind taking a percentage loss on the resale, but I'm worried I'll lose the whole thing if someone scammy buys it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter