Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Best Buy gift cards from I think Raise as well and still have a $100 one left. Are you not the least bit concerned that whomever buys it claims it has zero dollars on it and they(Cardpool) claws your money back? It's why I haven't sold mine. I'm sure we'll eventually need something electronic wise. Just wondered if it crossed your mind.

This is what's stopping me. I have $50 to Macy's that was a gift, and I literally never shop there. I don't mind taking a percentage loss on the resale, but I'm worried I'll lose the whole thing if someone scammy buys it.
This has crossed my mind, but I'm hoping if it comes up I could raise heck with Raise.... I decided to roll the dice on it

Have you all seen this? Once again the DIS is mentioned but this time about Disney Gift Cards:

View attachment 331267

The conversation is regarding the new Target policy. What I find interesting is Target did it right by putting it in writing whereas Best Buy (who totally sucks!) did nothing.

Link: https://pointstoneverland.com/target-gift-card-policy-change/

EDIT: Everyone, say hi to Mark, author of this article. :wave2:

View attachment 331270

Also, Target didn't change the policy 2 days after they put their gift cards on sale like Best Buy did. I still think though that there should be some kind of warning before changing a gift card policy.

I just popped into this thread for the first time in a while. Well, bummer about the change at Target and using gift cards :(. That’s going to cost me $300-$400 in missed savings.

I guess it’s good that I used most of my left over $300 Target gift card on a Fitbit watch for my DD this week instead of ‘saving’ it for Disney gift cards.

Yes, I do it all the time. DId it today. :) I assume by digital you mean like on the phone? I buy in the gyft app and they scan it right off my phone.

Cool. I bought some on Raise today and was going to use them in store... and then didnt. I'm a Sam's noob :laughing:

Just FYI, I use the cards from both Gyft and Raise. While Cards from Gyft scan without issue (they have a bar code) from your device, the cards from raise will not (they use a pixel code) so make sure you don’t go to the Sams self checkout with the raise version of the cards. A cashier can manually enter the card numbers at the register.

Also, if using multiple eCards in one transaction at the self check, I always have to put the scan gun back in its holder after each gift card scan. It’s not difficult, but it can catch you off guard if you’re new to using the self checkout.

Just FYI, I use the cards from both Gyft and Raise. While Cards from Gyft scan without issue (they have a bar code) from your device, the cards from raise will not (they use a pixel code) so make sure you don’t go to the Sams self checkout with the raise version of the cards. A cashier can manually enter the card numbers at the register.

Also, if using multiple eCards in one transaction at the self check, I always have to put the scan gun back in its holder after each gift card scan. It’s not difficult, but it can catch you off guard if you’re new to using the self checkout.
Thanks for the tips!

So far on Swagbucks I have redeemed two Walmart GCs. Can I use them online at Samsclub and buy Disney Gift cards online? Has anyone done that? And, can I go through SBs discover Samsclub and receive SBs?

So far on Swagbucks I have redeemed two Walmart GCs. Can I use them online at Samsclub and buy Disney Gift cards online? Has anyone done that? And, can I go through SBs discover Samsclub and receive SBs?
You can definitely use them online to buy Disney GCs. You just add them all, and then it will ask how much of each gift card you want to use.

I don't know about portals, most don't pay out on GCs.

Haven’t been here for a few days and now hearing the Target news. Such a bummer. I guess they’re wanting you to use your Red Card if you want a discount.

I would be shocked if Walmart changes. They seem to want to destroy their competitors big or small in any way.

My Kroger ad today says 4x fuel points on travel gift cards including Disney with digital coupon 6/27-7/17.
What days does your ad come out? Mine always run Wednesday to Tuesday (so 6/27 to 7/3 for this one) but I've never found a place to see them before Wednesday.

What days does your ad come out? Mine always run Wednesday to Tuesday (so 6/27 to 7/3 for this one) but I've never found a place to see them before Wednesday.

I get a paper ad in the mail on Fridays that shows the sale for the following Weds.-Tues. So yesterday I got the ad for 6/27-7/3.

I have heard that if you spend $25 on other items at target you can then buy disney gift cards with target gift cards. Is this true after the policy change?

Last edited:
I have heard that if you spend $25 on other items at target you can then buy disney gift cards with target gift cards. Is this true after the policy change?

I believe what's happening there is the $25 of other items are being paid for with the Target gift card, the Disney gift card is then paid for with another form of payment; that you would have used to buy the other items. The system should work like earlier this year when it was banned by a system glitch. At that time if it was working correctly you could buy everything else with a target GC, but a 3rd party GC required another form of payment. During the earlier glitch I bought a $17 dvd and a $25 GC and tried to pay with a $100 Target gift card. The system took the $17 from my GC and asked how I wanted to pay for the rest of the order. I believe that's how the system is working again. (I believe the glitch before was for some physical stores the whole order was being blocked, like the online store does. I haven't heard that yet after the policy change so I think they fixed the glitch :() Hope that made sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter