Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have an answer, but I did have a question. How are they being shipped to you? Is it USPS or UPS? I was planning on ordering a couple, but we have a hold on our mail until the 24th. If they're shipped USPS that'll be fine, but I don't want to find out they're shipped UPS and they end up coming early just to sit on our porch.

Just wanted to update...mine came usps (I previously said fedex)

For anyone who has done the Staples deal for Happy Cards, how long did shipping take? I ordered some this morning, but the expected delivery is 12/27! I don't expect them to overnight them to me, but two full weeks sounds like kind of a long time. Is this just Staples being conservative or should I expect a long wait?

I ordered on the 5th got my shipping confirm a couple days later and it said expected delivery of the 19th! They arrived on the 10th.

are any cashback portals crediting for purchases of disney gift cards from disney store? there are a few cards that the kids want and it would be great to get credit for buying them
I don't know about cash back portals, but last year I wanted to get my kids unique $100 Disney GCs for our trip, so I ordered $25 cards from Disney, and bought $75 gift cards through BB using SB. I then transferred the $75 over to the unique ones through DISNEYGIFTCARDS.COM. That way I was able to at least have some discount.

Actually, does anyone know if the Staples offer on the Happy Kids is available in store or is it just online? If it's in store I may just run by the one close to us.

Actually, does anyone know if the Staples offer on the Happy Kids is available in store or is it just online? If it's in store I may just run by the one close to us.

I believe it says online only. I've looked in a couple of Staples, and have never seen any Happy Cards there at all.

ETA: staples website is saying "this item not available in stores"

I believe it says online only. I've looked in a couple of Staples, and have never seen any Happy Cards there at all.

ETA: staples website is saying "this item not available in stores"
Thanks again! I'm just going to go ahead and do an online order and might swing by mine this weekend if we decide we want a little more spending money. This is what I get for waiting until the last minute...

Thanks again for the help!

Hi everyone! I'm looking for a quick way to get some discounted Disney GC's. I'm leaving for WDW on Sat, and have enough GC's for food and souvenirs (do you ever really have enough?) and now I want to upgrade my UT ticket to an annual pass. I have an Amex offer for $30 off $300 at Best Buy. I want to pair that with swagbucks. The best way to do that is 3 $100, correct? Do I have to do them on 3 separate days? Thanks!
If you need these gift cards for this coming weekend then you will not be getting any discount right away. The SB take a while to credit so you wont be able to convert those credits to any liquid money for a while. But it looks like you are already getting some sort of deal at BB anyway!

If you need these gift cards for this coming weekend then you will not be getting any discount right away. The SB take a while to credit so you wont be able to convert those credits to any liquid money for a while. But it looks like you are already getting some sort of deal at BB anyway!

Oh right that's true, I won't gt the full 19% off until the swagbucks post. I think the 10% off for now is good though since I'm doing this last minute and can't order any cards. I'm glad I have the amex offer!

Got my BJs shipment yesterday without issue. Had all 40 cards that I ordered and I've already combined them down to 2 cards :)
did bjs have a special or is it a normal occurrence to get a discount when purchasing GC through them? I'm a costco member and wondering if they have cheaper gcs.

Thanks again! I'm just going to go ahead and do an online order and might swing by mine this weekend if we decide we want a little more spending money. This is what I get for waiting until the last minute...

Thanks again for the help!

In store, Staples only has the $25 Happy gift cards. So either you are going to have to buy gift cards in $25 increments or you are going to have to get a cashier to do a split payment which has a much higher chance of calling attention to yourself and getting shot down.

So RMN to get $10 back on $100 from Staples then buy Happy Kid at Staples $40 for $50- then when cards come in- you can get a $10 bbb gift card with $50 in third party gift cards. Sweet.

would need to buy 3 cards to trigger $10 back or 4 cards to trigger $15 back.

For anyone who has done the Staples deal for Happy Cards, how long did shipping take? I ordered some this morning, but the expected delivery is 12/27! I don't expect them to overnight them to me, but two full weeks sounds like kind of a long time. Is this just Staples being conservative or should I expect a long wait?
I ordered mine on 12/10 and my order confirmation said that delivery is expected on 12/24. So they're probably putting a long processing and transit date to cover their butts since the holiday rush tends to slow things down.

So BBB is offering $10 gift card when buying $50 in 3rd party gift cards starting 12/ 15. I get a bonus cash back 15% on the transaction from WellsFargo. Can I use the $10 gift cards to buy more gift cards?

Short answer - no.
Tried it today. Long answer below.

I had a merchandise credit from a return without receipt (duplicate birthday gift), and the terms state, "this merchandise credit card is redeemable for merchandise only and may not be redeemed for cash, except where required by law [does this mean there are some states where the law requires them to give cash? Don't know]. This card cannot be redeemed for pre-paid cards issued by financial institutions such as Visa, MasterCard, or American Express..." A gift card isn't really merchandise, but it's not a pre-paid credit card issued by a financial institution, either, as stated in the exclusion. Given the grey area, I presented my merchandise credit to buy a travel mug and a gift card this afternoon. The cashier said he couldn't accept it for the Starbucks card. I said no problem; I'll just take the mug today, then. He apologized for the inconvenience. So, I guess I have my answer. I realize a merchandise credit might be slightly different from a gift card, but I'm going to say that my BBB at least won't allow me to purchase a GC with a GC. YMMV, but I'm glad I was able to check without calling attention to my Happy Cards or doing anything that might make me memorable to a cashier.

did bjs have a special or is it a normal occurrence to get a discount when purchasing GC through them? I'm a costco member and wondering if they have cheaper gcs.

BJ's has been doing specials for the last few weeks (months?) but they and Sam's Club have Disney GC's for a small discount regularly. Have to be a member to see/get those prices, but Bj's has a $10 online only membership, plus both have specials on memberships periodically. There's an AmEx offer for BJ's full membership for $30 (I think) currently and Groupon, or other sites like it, have Sam's Club promotions regularly.

Here's a post with the regular pricing: Bj's vs Sam's Disney Gift Card Deals (12/1/18)
By itself it's not awesome but if you can stack it with other deals then it sometimes wins out over Target (say).

So BBB is offering $10 gift card when buying $50 in 3rd party gift cards starting 12/ 15. I get a bonus cash back 15% on the transaction from WellsFargo. Can I use the $10 gift cards to buy more gift cards?

Possibly. Bed Bath and Beyond is highly YMMV depending on your store or region. I have not had any trouble doing it with a regular BBB GC, but I haven't done it for a few months. Others have crazy trouble down to being called money launderers. It's all down to the store policy or even crazy cashier policy that day. The system allows it so you could try it but maybe don't count on it.

BJs always seems to offer some level of discount on Disney gc, the sales the last few months are kinda new so we're not sure how to predict/guess when they'll happen. People need the online membership ($15?) in order to get the gift cards, but it does tend to pay off if you have a credit card offering "warehouse" in rotating categories for an extra 5% back. (Costco doesn't sell the Disney gc at all so no comparison there.) Imho the baseline to compare is Target as the RedCard discount will take 5% off Disney gift cards both online and in store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter