Disney Honeymoon/ Anniversary Ideas

jenkh

DIS Veteran
Hey Everyone :-)

So my now husband proposed to me at Disney. (I'll throw the story at the end of the post) And we were debating our honeymoon but we kept going back to how much we both love Disney. Like as we discussed other options we would always be like, or we could go to Disney. And we noticed how happy that made us, so the decision made.

With work though we aren't taking our honeymoon until Sept 2023. taking advantage of the lower season to do 2 weeks, so were not too concerned about weather etc as we have the time. (So it will be a 1+ year anniversary as well)

Now I'm DVC so I'm spoiled in my Disneyways, but I have never actually not gone to Disney without bringing the whole crew (friends, family etc) So I'm really excited about it just being a me and him trip. We'd like to do a couple of special things to celebrate

I'm thinking Victoria and Alberts
California Grill (as we did this after we got engaged so now it holds special meaning)

We will 100% get the memory maker to get all the photos and to take advantage. We will for sure have a couple of days where we wear the matching tshirts. Any other ideas? I've seen capture your moment but it seems to be hit or miss depending on the photographer.

Is there a couples massage anyone can recommend? Any other things people have done or seen?

I am open to suggestions :-)

THE ENGAGEMENT STORY

We were with our crew. My best friends and mom. We immediately after checking into the contemporary ran over to Magic Kingdom to make the trip real. Me and him lived together so we had discussions about marriage, so an engagement wasn't a full surprise. But the when and how was. I know my friends were dead set on him doing it at Disney, but he said it felt like too much pressure so they were taken off the scent.

That night we had a group dress up dinner at Narcosscee's. So we were all taking turns getting dressed up and ready. As I was finishing up my makeup he asked if Id go for a walk with him to get some water for the room. I immediately sensed something was up cause at the time I only had half my face done....and was kind of like. Cant you see I'm busy? lol So I finished up and we told the getting ready group we were off to get water.

He took me to a private alcove in the timeshare where we could see the castle/space mountain and just as we arrived the music started to pump in and the fireworks started. UNPLANNED HE HAD WALKED INTO A PERFECT MOMENT. He was just planning on going somewhere quiet and alone LOL. So I got the best of both worlds I was proposed to over looking the castle and fireworks, but in complete privacy. We got to watch the whole show after. Have that moment together and then within a few mins run back to our room and tell our very surprised friends :-)

We did Victoria and Alberts once and I would 100% do it again.

Are there any experiences you guys have eyed up but haven't done yet?

Personally, I'd skip the couples massage at WDW, I find on these types of trips they tend to be sales heavy and not relaxing. Our actual preference is to book spa things at the same place/time but not as a couples experience. Just not the same experience of relaxation together, but we've also been together forever.

Noted for the couples massage.

Yeah I've always wanted to do Victoria and Alberts. Its a splurge for sure. But he's a foodie as well so hes definitely intrigued by it.

Thinking maybe the new cirque du soliel as well? I'm looking into the tours and stuff as they all come back. Seeing if any catches both of our attentions.

We did the snorkel experience at Epcot and it was incredible, would recommend the scuba over it but we weren’t qualified so stuck with the basic one hahah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter