Disney Look- Glasses Question

kandeebunny

DIS Veteran
I am getting new glasses today, and I want them to fit the Disney Look. I looked at the website, and saw brown and black as my options (I have to have plastic frames, my lenses are too thick for metal to look decent.)

Can I do tortise shell colored? Are they neutral enough, or does it need to be solid brown or solid black?

Thanks guys!

I don't think disney would care too much about glasses.. it's more related to sunglasses that they care about, the color/tint than sightglasses.. i think you should be ok but you can always email the recruiting office or contact your recruiter for more info..

I am getting new glasses today, and I want them to fit the Disney Look. I looked at the website, and saw brown and black as my options (I have to have plastic frames, my lenses are too thick for metal to look decent.)

Can I do tortise shell colored? Are they neutral enough, or does it need to be solid brown or solid black?

Thanks guys!

As long as the color variations/marbling isn't too wild, it should be fine.

On the same (kind of) topic, are CMs allowed to wear sunglasses? I saw a video on youtube and the monorail pilot was wearing them. Personally I can't stand wearing them, but I was just curious.

From the WDWCP website:

"Sunglasses are a block to interpersonal communication with guests and should be avoided if possible. As a general rule, they may be worn in jobs where glare from water, counter tops, direct sunlight, etc., would prevent you from doing your job safely or efficiently. Only sunglasses that allow your eyes to be seen are permitted. No mirrored or dark, opaque lenses are allowed. Sunglasses are not to be worn at night, in dark areas, or indoors. They should be removed when engaging in extended interactions with a guest. Sunglasses should not be visible when not in use.

The frames and lenses of both eyeglasses and sunglasses should be a neutral color, such as black, brown, or metal rimmed (for frames), with a conservative style and no contrasting logos. Frames and lenses in shades such as blue, green, pink, yellow, etc. will not be permitted, as they are not neutral colors. Glasses and sunglasses should not detract from the costume or contradict the theme of the show. Prescription eyewear must also meet these guidelines.

The use of leashes or cords with glasses or sunglasses is permitted on an exception basis only, for Cast in certain limited roles. If a specific department or area requires the use of leashes or cords for safety reasons, please contact the Cast Image and Appearance Office for approval.

If colored or tinted contact lenses are worn, the resulting eye color must be natural looking and appropriate to your skin tone. Decorated lenses are not permitted, nor are any looks which would be considered distracting or not in the best interest of our Disney show. "

[GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]

Do these glasses meet the guidelines for The Disney Look?

Last edited:

My dd wears contacts but also has her glasses. There are times when the glasses make the most sense. She got new ones just before heading down to start her program. They were Tiffany brand, very similar to black RayBans, but with a slight blue/green tortie to them. They have been fine. She also wears her black RayBans. As long as they aren't too outlandish, you should be fine!

My daughter also wears glasses, and she's in the CP program currently. She's had no worries at all with them. Sometimes she wears contacts; others her glasses. Neither have been an issue. Glasses are a black frame and meet the regs, but her previous ones were tortoise shell and would have also met the guidelines based on what she's told me over the past couple of weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!