Disney

How many times have you gone on a Disney Cruise?

• Total voters
Greetings :wave2:

We are on this cruise which is our first during the Christmas season much less actually on Christmas Day. We are anxious to see the decorations and ginger bread house we have heard so much about.

I am so glad you are here! This is my family's first cruise ever and I am chomping at the bit to start planning. My family doesn’t know we are going yet. Who will you be coming with?

Last edited:
There are 3 of us, DD is actually an adult now (early 20's). Our DD was 8 on her first cruise and she fell in love with the Disney Wonder immediately. We have since sailed the Wonder and Magic numerous times and have never been disappointed. Most cruises we have 4 which include our naDD (not actually Dear Daughter), DD's best friend since 4 years old. We are doing this cruise since it lines up with DD's school schedule and really wanted to give her a break at some point over the school year, we prefer not to cruise over summer months, except the European cruises are mostly summer.

We will most likely do an excursion through DCL in Cozumel and any of the activities or excursions on CC are great. We like to snorkel the lagoon, the earlier the better, have done the parasailing, bicycling, observation tower, turtle races, adult beach while DD was with teen club, swimming, and relaxing on the beach. We have always enjoyed the food and ice cream and have enjoyed listening to the live music while enjoying yet more ice cream.

How old are your kids ?

That is perfect! I have traveled to the Bahamas but I haven't been able to take my kids along with me before. I've never been on a cruise or on a Disney anything so I am very stoked! DD is 9 and my DS is 11. Some of my friends have told me they are to old to enjoy Disney but I think that is rubbish! I have been putting together a scavenger hunt to tell the kids the good news.

I was thinking of doing an adventure in Cozumel and then just taking the day easy in CC. Financially I'm not sure I'll be able to swing anymore than one excursion. I am debating between snorkling or a swim with the Dolphins. Which do you think is best with kids that age? Or is there something else that is super fun?

I really want to do a fish extender this trip. Also I think it would be cool to get some pen pals going for the kids so they can have a friend they know on the ship.

We are a family of 7 traveling for our first Christmas sailing. We have spent Christmas at WDW and have been on a Halloween cruise. This started as a graduation gift for one daughter and we have now added a wedding for another daughter while on board. It will be a busy week.

It will be my mother's first Disney cruise. She is very excited and is making fish extenders for our 3 staterooms. Anyone, have unique gift ideas? Especially as this is a Christmas cruise.

We all spend every weekend together and we spend most of that time talking about our upcoming cruise. (My wife and I sailed on the Fantasy in September and I just booked a May cruise on the Dream as a surprise for our 25th anniversary.) We have 3 daughters and we took the Alaska cruise for one graduation as well. We were very jealous when one of our daughters got to go to Hong Kong DL during a semester abroad. One day we will get there.

We will explore Cozumel on our own (or have checked a local tour as my wife is in a wheelchair and there are never any DCL port adventures that accept chairs) and 4 of us plan to run 5K on CC.

I just got permission from The Boss Lady to book this cruise. This is our second cruise, having sailed on The Fantasy for NYE 2014. There will be four of us, my wife and I along with our 15 year old daughter and 12 year old son. Last time we sailed we did the Disney Surf-and-Turf - a week at Disney World and a week at sea. That was while we were living in Seoul, now that we have relocated to Miami, we will just be doing the cruise. BTW - I agree with you 9 and 11 are definitely NOT too old to enjoy Disney. My kids were about that age when we sailed before and they STILL talk about that vacation all the time

Under 200 days till we sail - time to get serious with the planning. Any veterans know of a good excursion in Cozumel? The beaches look beautiful, but I'd prefer a land excursion -- maybe some Mayan ruins if they are not too far from the port. I'll keep my fingers crossed for parasailing at Castaway Cay - but they were fully booked by the time we could make ours on my last cruise. I don't know if the extra 15 days in advance will be enough or not.

We are a family of 7 in 3 staterooms for this cruise. It will be my granddaughter's first cruise as she will have just turned 6 months old. We love the Disney Magic and it is our favorite ship. I have asked to join that "other' group, but it has been 3 weeks and the administrator has not approved my request. Is anyone in that other group that can send me an invite?

We have 3 rooms as well. 2 rooms of 2 and 1 with three. Just wondering if anyone has started a fish extender group yet?

Hello! This will be our first Disney cruise (although we are avid cruisers with other lines) and we are so excited! I've been reading about door decorating and fish extenders and I can't wait! We will be sailing with our 6 yr old DD who absolutely loves cruising.. any tips/advice would be appreciated :)

Hello! This will be our first Disney cruise (although we are avid cruisers with other lines) and we are so excited! I've been reading about door decorating and fish extenders and I can't wait! We will be sailing with our 6 yr old DD who absolutely loves cruising.. any tips/advice would be appreciated :)
We had fun with the door decorations...somewhere on Disboards I found patterns that I printed on a magnetic sheet. We had several patterns that we changed every couple of days. We didn't join the FE fun...maybe this time.

Hi Everyone. Although this will be our 9th DCL cruise, this is our first cruise during Christmas. I'm so excited. I've always wanted to cruise on Christmas. My family is not as excited as I am since they think Christmas should be spent at home with relatives. We've done that many times. It's time to see Mickey and Minnie at Christmas!

We've cruised on all ships - Fantasy (3), Dream (3), Wonder (1) and this will be our second Magic cruise. I have to admit, I do prefer the Magic and Wonder over the larger ones.

Or perhaps it's because my favourite cruises were on the Wonder (Alaska) and Magic (British Isles).

Hi all this is my second Disney cruise first holiday one were so excited. This time we're traveling with the whole family 16 of us with 4 cabins. Are there any FE groups yet? We had a blast participating on the last one.

I'll be more than happy to manage a FE list for those who would like to participate.

Sign up here. Let's plan a tentative cutoff of November 30th. And there are no rules, you can deliver when you want, what you want, and give either one gift to stateroom or one per person, it is totally up to you. The original intent back in May 2005, was the surprise of the whole thing, so there were no restrictions. I'm happy for feedback, don't worry, I won't take anything personal. Just need the first name of adults and whether female or male, and then first names of children, whether female or male, and include children's ages and then your stateroom number. You can either post or send me a message. When I get ready to distribute, you can send me in a message your email or I can post here.

Sign up here. Let's plan a tentative cutoff of November 30th. And there are no rules, you can deliver when you want, what you want, and give either one gift to stateroom or one per person, it is totally up to you. The original intent back in May 2005, was the surprise of the whole thing, so there were no restrictions. I'm happy for feedback, don't worry, I won't take anything personal. Just need the first name of adults and whether female or male, and then first names of children, whether female or male, and include children's ages and then your stateroom number. You can either post or send me a message. When I get ready to distribute, you can send me in a message your email or I can post here.
Ok awesome we will love to participate it's 4 cabins in my party!!! We did one the last cruise the kids loved it 15 people total traveling with us this time

Cabin 6599
Leandra Female (25)
Camilo Male (28)
Cameron Male (2)
Sophia Female (5)

Cabin 6601
Crystal Female (31)
Al (35) Male
Alex (10) Male
Mason (6) Male

Cabin 6603
Rosa (67) Female
Luis (71) Male
Noah (3)Male

Cabin 6605
Diana (49)Female
Angel (47)Male
Angel Jr (21)Male
Tatianna (22)Female

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!