Disney Magic - June 2, 2018 7-night Mediterranean

The short answer is that somebody volunteers to coordinate it. To my knowledge, one has not yet been set up for this cruise.
The general process is that the coordinator (generally, the first person to volunteer to do it) sets up a sign up form of some sort (usually a Google form) where people can sign up. The typical sign-up form has spaces for names, ages (ideally also with genders because it's not always obvious) and stateroom number. We frequently also see "what are you celebrating" and "allergies we should know about" (I got a couple nice notes for my birthday, and allergies are useful if food or fragrances are involved). "Favorite Disney character" is another popular one.
Sign-up commonly closes at about 2-3 months before sailing, but there is also frequently a late-comers FE group that closes maybe 2-3 weeks before sailing. The reason for the early sign-up close is that a lot of people craft gifts by hand and need time to get materials and assemble. Generally speaking, the number of participants dictates how many FE groups there are. If the list is quite large, some will want to sign up to be in multiple groups.
In addition to FE groups, I've also seen recipe exchanges (postcard with a hole punched in the corner where the stamp normally goes, organizer's postcard also has a key ring or similar through it) and other similar things (e.g. holiday ornaments around holiday time, magnets, etc.)
Finally, there is often a DIS meet-up on board, usually on embarkation day. I'd be glad to arrange that for this cruise :)

The short answer is that somebody volunteers to coordinate it. To my knowledge, one has not yet been set up for this cruise.
The general process is that the coordinator (generally, the first person to volunteer to do it) sets up a sign up form of some sort (usually a Google form) where people can sign up. The typical sign-up form has spaces for names, ages (ideally also with genders because it's not always obvious) and stateroom number. We frequently also see "what are you celebrating" and "allergies we should know about" (I got a couple nice notes for my birthday, and allergies are useful if food or fragrances are involved). "Favorite Disney character" is another popular one.
Sign-up commonly closes at about 2-3 months before sailing, but there is also frequently a late-comers FE group that closes maybe 2-3 weeks before sailing. The reason for the early sign-up close is that a lot of people craft gifts by hand and need time to get materials and assemble. Generally speaking, the number of participants dictates how many FE groups there are. If the list is quite large, some will want to sign up to be in multiple groups.
In addition to FE groups, I've also seen recipe exchanges (postcard with a hole punched in the corner where the stamp normally goes, organizer's postcard also has a key ring or similar through it) and other similar things (e.g. holiday ornaments around holiday time, magnets, etc.)
Finally, there is often a DIS meet-up on board, usually on embarkation day. I'd be glad to arrange that for this cruise :)

That would be great! It would be great to meet everyone. You're the best

Hi Everyone! Just booked this cruise and it will be my 4th with Disney (the first three with the Wonder over here in California). I'm heading over to Spain to visit my brother who's lived there for past 20 years and will be celebrating one of those 'milestone' birthdays. So I figured what better way than to spend some quality time with him (have not seen him in 5 years), than to spend a week in Spain, but to also take the two of us on a Disney Cruise. I've never been to Europe so this will be a vacation of firsts for me. Even though its a year away, he and I are already planning.
So a couple of questions to everyone ---- first, those of you've who've been to any of the ports on this cruise, suggestions as to the MUST SEE's (the Vatican and Pompeii are on my list).
And second....any one interested in a F.E. ?

Welcome! I would love to join a FE group. I've never been on a disne cruise befor so i don't know how to organize one but I've already started buying goodies.

In answer to the previous question... I lived in Rome for 3 months when I was 12. Which was a very, very long time ago. Unfortunately, the "must do" list for Rome is too long for the one day we'll be there. So the one thing you must do is throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain so that one day you may return, and do all those other things you didn't get a chance to do :)

Hi Everyone. I'm so excited to be taking this Cruise. It will be my 4th Disney Cruise, however this one is especially exciting for me. It will be my first trip to Europe. It will be my first cruise on the Magic. I'm celebrating a 'milestone' birthday. But most exciting is that I will be meeting my brother in Barcelona (he has lived in Jaen for just about 20 yrs now), and I'm treating him to the cruise. (his first Disney). We've not seen each other in about 6 years (thank goodness for Facebook). I'm spending a few days prior to the cruise in Barcelona, getting acclimated to the time change ( P.S.T. here - So. Cal gal here ), and taking in all the sights Barcelona has to offer.
After the cruise we're hopping on the train and heading up to Disneyland Paris. As my son, a C.M. here in Anaheim reminded me - You're going to be in Europe and only a few hours away by train so why not go ".
I most definitely am interested in the F.E. exchange so will sign us up...and have already sent off for a brand new F.E. banner to hang outside our stateroom.
Now........need to plan on our F.E. gifts.

Disney Wonder October 2015, Disney Wonder May 2017, Disney Wonder (Coming up Oct 2017)

Last edited:
I just booked this cruise. I'm so excited! I've never been on a cruise before. It's just going to be me and my mother this time but I have a feeling after this trip we will want all our vacations to be Disney cruises. I was actually trying to figure out how to sign up for fish extenders and how the gift giving works. Do you give one to the members of your group each night or only once? How large are the groups on average? I've looked online and have a pretty good idea of the types of items in each goodie bag and how to make the fish extenders themselves. I just need help with the logistics. Thank you.

This will be my 4th Disney cruise, and first on the Magic and to Europe. I love participating in the F.E. Exchange. You only exchange once (I try to do it the first evening, no later than the 2nd - all depends on how involved in ship's activities I get). But you only exchange once. My first was a Halloween cruise, and I went all out. I had gifts for everyone, and made a few things for any children that were in the cabins. Last two cruises I changed up my thinking and had a gift per cabin, but where there were children, I had a separate gift for each child. Last cruise there were only 8 cabins exchanging and just two children (the first one - 13 cabins and 9 children).
This time I've got a few things in mind, but there's plenty of time.
Right now I'm just checking out my favorite Etsy site for a new F.E. Hanger for my brother and I. I'm a new widow and as one of my brothers live in Spain and I've not seen him for about 6 years, I'm treating him to the cruise. He's as excited as I am, maybe even more so.

Hi! My best friend and I just booked this cruise. It is my 2nd Disney cruise but her 1st! We are super excited and wanna do the FE as well!

Just booked this cruise - well changed it. We were booked to go to Norway in August but some conflicts came up. Excited to be here. Do we have a feacebook group?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!