Disney Magic Kingdoms

Sure, having 80k at the end for gem conversion is nice, but character leveling is still fairly cheap. Nani and Bubbles are still under 1K, so it costs less than 1/2 a gem to level one of them. At level 5 Pleakley only costs 250 EC or 1/8 of a gem. So I prefer level the characters at the expense of a few gems. It bugs me more knowing that I’ve got characters who can collect items if I would just Level a character up.
True. But sometimes it's nice to max out on a character's tokens to allow for better odds on tokens for new characters. Still, we have three days to play around and see what works. I know with Pooh and Snow White, even though currency totals were low (especially for gem characters), but after a while, even the 400 currency characters added up in the end, keeping me below the 80,000.

`Plus some of us have so much magic that we don't know what to do with it. So I guess I'd rather take a gem conversion when I can get it and then use magic to level the characters later on. It does bug me, though, so I get what you mean.

So Pleakly had finished his leveling up in the character book, but I didn't click on him to complete it, but was still able to send Nani to level up. I thought this was weird. New feature, or bug?

True. But sometimes it's nice to max out on a character's tokens to allow for better odds on tokens for new characters. Still, we have three days to play around and see what works. I know with Pooh and Snow White, even though currency totals were low (especially for gem characters), but after a while, even the 400 currency characters added up in the end, keeping me below the 80,000.

Very true, and I do the same thing. I was thinking along the lines of having all the new characters ready to level but leaving them there for a few days. I know that’s a strategy that works well for some, but not for me. Drives me crazier. :rotfl:

It’s funny, I’ve been fighting a cold the last few days, so I’ve just been resting at home trying to keep it from getting worse. I’d think with all the extra time I’ve been sitting around, I’d be doing better for the event. Instead, I feel like I’m farther behind than usual. Probably doesn’t help that my mind is working less than usual, which is really saying something, and I I’ve made more mistakes sending people out on jobs than usual. :confused3

So community opinion question, purely hypothetical.

In looking at the characters able to earn event currency and the number of useless characters, would you prefer/accept more characters able to earn EC even if it meant the totals for everything (welcoming, leveling, purchasing) increased accordingly?

I'm of three, yes three, minds on this. As a mostly endgame player, just having characters that currently feel useless do something, anything besides being sent home could at least entertain me a bit more and I'd be able to absorb the inflation rate. For mid tier players, I see the most chance to gain. If you lack the specific earlier event characters, you find yourself at a severe disadvantage. Diversifying which characters could assist them in being able to earn EC, even at decreased value, whereas right now they are missing out entirely. Starting players, however, would be screwed as its a steeper (l)earning curve and could be discouraging to beginners.

no real purpose to this, just random musings while time walled by the event that i figured would be fun to discuss.

At the current moment, I'm on the book quest, although I did just upgrade Cobra Bubbles to level 4 and Pleakley is ready for 6, but those darned flowers are rather difficult for me to gather, so I"m trying to keep a decent number of them for Angel. I only need 16 more books, so that's promising. I"m at nearly 11K EC. So far this event is cute, but I liked the Pooh event better.

So Pleakly had finished his leveling up in the character book, but I didn't click on him to complete it, but was still able to send Nani to level up. I thought this was weird. New feature, or bug?

I’ve done that same thing before. And it was well before they introduced the Home feature. I remember thinking it would be a good way to get characters out of the way, but I never remembered to leave them alone!

At the current moment, I'm on the book quest, although I did just upgrade Cobra Bubbles to level 4 and Pleakley is ready for 6, but those darned flowers are rather difficult for me to gather, so I"m trying to keep a decent number of them for Angel. I only need 16 more books, so that's promising. I"m at nearly 11K EC. So far this event is cute, but I liked the Pooh event better.

I agree. I liked Pooh better, too, and I am one of the people who like the Lilo & Stitch movie. As for those flowers, I agree they are tough to collect. I'm going to work on stockpiling them and Stitch's book for now.

Anyone have a guess as to whether the next competition will be happiness or coins? I'm voting for coins, personally, but that's because I'm biased since I always do better with that one.

Last edited:
And all over a dumb book. It's like the interns just took a bunch of long tasks and threw them in there for the sake of a side storyline. Hated the Aladdin one, but this one is just ridiculous now. Six hours for Lumiere and Cogsworth to argue over a book, and then another six hours to talk some more?
Sadly, I don't think it is all that far-fetched. Belle did reteach Beast how to read using Romeo & Juliet in either the cut extended scene from the original movie or one of the sequels, I forget which. It's rather adorable watching Beast try to pronounce the word two. And given the antagonistic one-upmanship between Lumiere and Cogsworth, I find it totally believable that they'd go off and argue for 6 hours while the rest of the characters roll their eyes and wander off to be away from it all.

Well, as of this morning I’m only at 13/35 books and almost 12k EC. Hoping that I can play frequently while at work today to start saving up the EC... we’ll see how that goes though :rotfl2:

So community opinion question, purely hypothetical.

In looking at the characters able to earn event currency and the number of useless characters, would you prefer/accept more characters able to earn EC even if it meant the totals for everything (welcoming, leveling, purchasing) increased accordingly?

I'm of three, yes three, minds on this. As a mostly endgame player, just having characters that currently feel useless do something, anything besides being sent home could at least entertain me a bit more and I'd be able to absorb the inflation rate. For mid tier players, I see the most chance to gain. If you lack the specific earlier event characters, you find yourself at a severe disadvantage. Diversifying which characters could assist them in being able to earn EC, even at decreased value, whereas right now they are missing out entirely. Starting players, however, would be screwed as its a steeper (l)earning curve and could be discouraging to beginners.

no real purpose to this, just random musings while time walled by the event that i figured would be fun to discuss.
I've been playing since just after the Incredibles event. I now have every available character and every attraction except the Zooptopia Racetrack. I would very much like to see more characters involved in events earning EC, even if it's minimal amounts. As long as it's in addition to the basic event storyline, it shouldn't harm newer players too much. I've also long wanted to see cross-communication between groups -- Minnie having tea with a princess, or Pete comparing notes with Zurg, for example. Logistically, they'd have to stick with early main storyline characters, but there's so much potential there. :D

Friends, my chest tapping skills are so amazing that I was able to get a Coronian Sun Dial this morning as my gift. I know you're all jealous. You probably got something like a concession or Splash Mountain. But it's ok. If you keep trying I bet that you, too, can have a useless sundial decoration (or 10) in your own park someday.

Friends, my chest tapping skills are so amazing that I was able to get a Coronian Sun Dial this morning as my gift. I know you're all jealous. You probably got something like a concession or Splash Mountain. But it's ok. If you keep trying I bet that you, too, can have a useless sundial decoration (or 10) in your own park someday.

Don't like calling anyone a liar on a message board, but unless you have video evidence, I don’t believe you!!!

As many of us know the Corona Sun Dial is the White Whale of White Whales. Your post lacked the appropriate number of exploration points!!!, bolded text,
colored text, larger text, or emojis :jumping1: :dancer:party:that properly illustrate excitement, makes me question the validity of your post.

If you truly got a Corona Sun Dial, than Congrats :thumbsup2, but if you didn’t than your post was obviously a cry for help and/or attention.

Last edited:
Im actually either good at the chest game or it is random and they are making us think we have control. I never not get a cobra bubbles or pleakley token. I get fairy godmother as well

Anyway, 22/35 books
Nani at 7
Pleakley ready for 6
Cobra ready for 6
15,000 ec

The hardest thing is the flowers right now since I only have goofy on cages and he is on briefcase and surfboard duty for now

Well, see then that's what you're doing wrong. You're concentrating on your chest tapping skills, when the diagram below clearly shows that the tapping points exist everywhere BUT the chest.
eft-tapping-points.112453.jpg

Im actually either good at the chest game or it is random and they are making us think we have control. I never not get a cobra bubbles or pleakley token. I get fairy godmother as well

Anyway, 22/35 books
Nani at 7
Pleakley ready for 6
Cobra ready for 6
15,000 ec

The hardest thing is the flowers right now since I only have goofy on cages and he is on briefcase and surfboard duty for now

I’d say your doing pretty good. Certainly better than me, but I’m realizing this cold I’ve been fighting had me more out of it this weekend than I though. More than a few times I'd check to see why my chest weren’t ready to find out I didn’t place any on the pedestal or I only did one. :rotfl:

Anyway, 11/35 books
Nani ready for 7
Pleakley 6
Cobra ready for 6
12,400 ec

Took me a long time to finally welcome Fairy Godmother, But she should be ready for leve 5 soon.

Pooh - Level 9
Peter Pan - and hope I can level him to 9 before Angel arrives

I haven't collected for the wish event yet (I have 3 for a busy lumiere), anyone know the rewards? We getting milestones?

No milestones.

Tier 1
1-50
1,500 EC
4+4 items

Tier 2
51-200
1,250 EC
4+4 items

Tier 3
201-400
1,000 EC
3+3 items

Tier 4
401-650
850 EC
3+3 items

Tier 5
651-1000
600 EC
2+2 items

And downhill from there...

I just triggered it w/ 22 items banked. I'm currently in 2nd, with a few others in the low 20s and the vast majority of the board in the 1-5 range.

But, since I'm flying to LAX tomorrow morning for a Disneyland trip, I will likely lose my position soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts