Disney Movie Club

jkh36619

DIS Veteran
New to the DMC. 4 months I think. But my question is how do they decide movie of the month? The last 2 out of 3 months they have made the MotM a box office flop. Wrinkle in time and this month Solo. Are they trying to push dvd sales of lower grossing flims or is it just a coincidence and is more inline with release dates?

New to the DMC. 4 months I think. But my question is how do they decide movie of the month? The last 2 out of 3 months they have made the MotM a box office flop. Wrinkle in time and this month Solo. Are they trying to push dvd sales of lower grossing flims or is it just a coincidence and is more inline with release dates?

They had probably always planned those to be featured, regardless of the box-office. They probably always highlight their newest release. It just so happens that Disney have a very rate two-in-a-row of box-office flops. Actually, Solo was pretty popular, but compared to the budget, which was out of control due to reshoots, it is considered a failure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!