• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney news from social media

Kevin O'Brien

Mouseketeer
I've seen on Disney fanatic Facebook page that Disney CEO is thinking about bringing back magical express transfers is this official because if it is it's excellent news? Screenshot_20230310_210857_com.facebook.katana.jpg

I've seen on Disney fanatic Facebook page that Disney CEO is thinking about bringing back magical express transfers is this official because if it is it's excellent news? View attachment 745406

I don't believe that the current news states that he's "thinking about it" but he has mentioned that park pricing & reduction of amenities has been a little extreme and is exploring options. This doesn't specifically mean Magical Express, but it is possible. It was an amenity that many people really liked.

This is just someone trying to start a campain asking Iger to bring them back. This isn't news.
I've got ever so excited thinking they were bringing it back so it's a campaign them? Hopefully someday they bring back Disney magical express I miss the Disney magical express.

Why would mears agree to bring it back, when they have already started there own service?
I don't think it was part of mears connect before they the Former Bob Chapek ended Disney magical express but I was thinking the new Disney CEO was thinking bringing back Disney magical express when I seen it on Facebook them @bmr1591 said it was a campaign.
Anyway hopefully someday they'll bring back Disney magical express I miss that bus but I'm glad they still got the Disney cruise line buses because they got porthole windows.

Why would mears agree to bring it back, when they have already started there own service?
It doesn't have to be Mears. Sunshine Flyer is in the space as well. Disney could put it out to bid.
The luggage component would be selling factor if that could be re-established.

I also loved magical express, but I don't see it returning. It's a lot of moving parts, and it's not just on Disney. Between the state becoming less dunno, I don't want to start drama, less Disney friendly?, deals with the airport (which they needed, especially for luggage) would be harder to re-implement, as its an exception that must be granted. Many more are content to take ride shares, and that number was growing significantly even while we still had magical express.

I suspect the message being sent to disney, from both other companies/entities and guests is it was time to phase it out. I think a large portion of dis board folks would love to have it back, but reading from other disney groups, friends, etc, many prefer ride shares . :(

My daughter just took the Mears bus from Grand Floridian to MCO for $16. It took 2 seconds to book the day before her flight and was exactly like riding the old Magical Express (since Mears was the Magical Express). She didn't do Sunshine Flyer for $12 because they require a 4 day advance booking.
For myself, I'd given up on the Magical Express for rides to the resort after having hideous airport waits on several occasions, but would usually take advantage of it on the way back to the airport. I do Tiffany Towncar. Love them.

What I really miss about Magical Express when leaving the resort was the resort luggage check-in. But that went away long ago. Oh, those were the days...

Playing devil's advocate here.
As this train comes online, it's another piece of the transportation puzzle. It may not be a solution, but you certainly have to consider that auto congestion in the area is an issue.
To a certain extent it's in Disney's best interest to get guests from the airport directly into the bubble, and retain them there until they get on a plane to leave town.
Differentiating yourself from the competition is all part of game.

I don't see that tweet as a sign that anything is happening with DME. However, transportation from MCO to WDW will continue to be needed. The balance of ride share, bus, train etc will likely always ebb and flow.

I also loved magical express, but I don't see it returning. It's a lot of moving parts, and it's not just on Disney. Between the state becoming less dunno, I don't want to start drama, less Disney friendly?, deals with the airport (which they needed, especially for luggage) would be harder to re-implement, as its an exception that must be granted. Many more are content to take ride shares, and that number was growing significantly even while we still had magical express.

I suspect the message being sent to disney, from both other companies/entities and guests is it was time to phase it out. I think a large portion of dis board folks would love to have it back, but reading from other disney groups, friends, etc, many prefer ride shares . :(
That's correct Uber and Lyft have became popular and they pickup on the second floor at A and B side at Orlando international airport (MCO) I love Disney magical express and Disney cruise line buses I get excited when I see them and I get excited when I'm on them too.

My daughter just took the Mears bus from Grand Floridian to MCO for $16. It took 2 seconds to book the day before her flight and was exactly like riding the old Magical Express (since Mears was the Magical Express). She didn't do Sunshine Flyer for $12 because they require a 4 day advance booking.
For myself, I'd given up on the Magical Express for rides to the resort after having hideous airport waits on several occasions, but would usually take advantage of it on the way back to the airport. I do Tiffany Towncar. Love them.

What I really miss about Magical Express when leaving the resort was the resort luggage check-in. But that went away long ago. Oh, those were the days...
But that’s $16/person. Not too bad but still an extra $100 for our family of 3.

But that’s $16/person. Not too bad but still an extra $100 for our family of 3.
Agree. $100 round trip transfer to/from the airport is not that bad, but yeah - the decision to discontinue the free Magical Express is still a bummer. My point was more that at least Mears is still a convenient, reliable and fairly cheap option.

I don't think it was part of mears connect before they the Former Bob Chapek ended Disney magical express but I was thinking the new Disney CEO was thinking bringing back Disney magical express when I seen it on Facebook them @bmr1591 said it was a campaign.
Anyway hopefully someday they'll bring back Disney magical express I miss that bus but I'm glad they still got the Disney cruise line buses because they got porthole windows.
Mears connect was started in place of magical express.

It doesn't have to be Mears. Sunshine Flyer is in the space as well. Disney could put it out to bid.
The luggage component would be selling factor if that could be re-established.
I agree except I don't think Sunshine Flyer would have the capacity to take on that kind of demand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter