Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh just thought I would add another mini-review

We watched Star Girl the other night and thought it was pretty good. I liked the style of filming (almost felt like a home movie vs slick productions). Not the most satisfying of endings though.

Worth a watch but not something we will rewatch a ton

I have not watched it but I saw that it along with the imagineering story are 100% fresh on rotten tomatoes.
To be fair, Rotten Tomatoes isn't really a great judge for TV, as it gets significantly fewer reviews than film. Plus, a 100% just means that each reviewer (usually 20 or less) says "yeah, it's worth watching." It's not like they're saying it's spectacular.

The Imagineering series is 100% worth watching and 100% worthy of that 100%.
Oh, no doubt. I loved the series myself. Just stating that Rotten Tomatoes isn't necessarily a great source for determining whether or not a TV show is quality.

oh just thought I would add another mini-review

We watched Star Girl the other night and thought it was pretty good. I liked the style of filming (almost felt like a home movie vs slick productions). Not the most satisfying of endings though.

Worth a watch but not something we will rewatch a ton

I read the book last month and felt like it was a pretty truthful adaptation. There were changes they made in the movie that I liked better than parts in the books, but I feel like they focused too much on the rising action and then rushed through the fallout.

I agree that I really enjoyed it, but it won't be one I return to often, if ever.

I read the book last month and felt like it was a pretty truthful adaptation. There were changes they made in the movie that I liked better than parts in the books, but I feel like they focused too much on the rising action and then rushed through the fallout.

I agree that I really enjoyed it, but it won't be one I return to often, if ever.
OK, I don't want to spoil this for anyone on the thread, but could you please PM me and let me know why you won't return to it? Because I don't want to watch it if there's a Big Reason. Thank you!

Without spoilers...is the new season of Clones Wars being released in in-universe chronological order? I’ve nearly finished rewatched seasons 1-6! And we all know what a pain it is to watch it in the proper order the first few seasons...

OK, I don't want to spoil this for anyone on the thread, but could you please PM me and let me know why you won't return to it? Because I don't want to watch it if there's a Big Reason. Thank you!
It just wasn’t a movie that fell into that rewatch category for me. If someone else wanted to watch it, I would. I just probably won’t choose it on my own because there are so many others I want to see!

Wow. That's pretty cool for Disney+ subscribers, shame for Pixar .. considering this movie probably lost money because it wasn't trending well anyway and then people stopped going to the theater.

on the plus side, like you said it wasn't trending well anyway, so now maybe the lasting view of the movie will be positive as people remember getting to see it on Disney+ early and more people got to watch than might have and it becomes more "beloved" because of that

on the plus side, like you said it wasn't trending well anyway, so now maybe the lasting view of the movie will be positive as people remember getting to see it on Disney+ early and more people got to watch than might have and it becomes more "beloved" because of that
This will give my wife an opportunity to see it now (the kids and I saw it during the preview weekend).

Wow. That's pretty cool for Disney+ subscribers, shame for Pixar .. considering this movie probably lost money because it wasn't trending well anyway and then people stopped going to the theater.

I feel like Disney/Pixar was prepared to take a hit on this one a while ago, since any year they've put out two movies one has a been a flop and one has been a success. Clearly Soul is the movie they're betting on, and I really hope they get to release it as planned. Onward was always a Disney+ movie for me, it just didn't seem like something I was willing to deal with a movie theater audience for.

I feel like Disney/Pixar was prepared to take a hit on this one a while ago, since any year they've put out two movies one has a been a flop and one has been a success. Clearly Soul is the movie they're betting on, and I really hope they get to release it as planned. Onward was always a Disney+ movie for me, it just didn't seem like something I was willing to deal with a movie theater audience for.
That seems to be the general consensus. It's a shame, too, because I thought the movie was excellent and really hit all the right notes for me.

That seems to be the general consensus. It's a shame, too, because I thought the movie was excellent and really hit all the right notes for me.

I’ve heard a lot of lovely things about it from pretty much everyone who’s seen it, so I’m intrigued to check it out once I can. It seems like Disney really botched the marketing somehow, because based off of the trailers I’d have said this movie had nothing for me in it, even though I love stories about mythology and fantasy. It just looked very bland and generic, but I’m glad to hear it’s not

I’ve heard a lot of lovely things about it from pretty much everyone who’s seen it, so I’m intrigued to check it out once I can. It seems like Disney really botched the marketing somehow, because based off of the trailers I’d have said this movie had nothing for me in it, even though I love stories about mythology and fantasy. It just looked very bland and generic, but I’m glad to hear it’s not
If you really love fantasy/mythology it should be an interesting watch. It leans into and pokes fun at a ton of fantasy tropes, and Pixar of course excels at creating a world that seems real with fundamental differences compared to ours (i.e. what if cars were people? what would the politics of an ant colony look like?). As usual, though, it has a huge emotional core that is almost certainly the best thing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter