Disney Paris = Grumpier Grumpy

thejaxx

Grumpster
Because of the cheap flights this past spring, my wife and I got some tickets to take a vacation in London/Paris for two weeks.

While we did a lot and were excited for much, we were really excited about Disney Paris. And we should of done some more research before going.

Boy was that a mistake, here are the reasons:

1. Place looked like crap. Plants dying, and instead of replacing them, they would just spray paint them. The design in the entrance garden used a number of succulents, you could tell they were wilting, but were spray painted silver and black. Many signs had rust stains and some facade's had peeling paint.

2. Many of the cast members were jerks. We even had one look at us when we asked a question, only to turn away, shake their head and walk off.

3. Rides kept breaking down. Their version of Space Mountain, twice while we were on it.

4. Management cares very little for you. We kept all our receipts, as instructed, and returned to the city hall @ 10pm to get our tax refunded. We waited 45 minutes in line and got to the counter. We were then asked for our passports, but because we were following safety measures recommended, our passports were locked up in the hotel. There are MANY pickpockets in Paris and American ones are highly valuable.

We had our driver licenses though, but they said that was not good enough. So we had to call my father in law to have him text us a copy (we left a photo copy with him and in our luggage just in case). During this time, a manager came up to the CM helping us and looked at her sternly and tapped his watch several times.

This took 20 mins, so at 11:05pm, we got it and they then told us that unfortunately, they could no longer process it as it was after 11!!! Supposedly their link with the government tax system goes offline at 11pm (or park closure)! Other people were being told this down the counter as well, one guy that had spent $4000+ and was furious.

I tried talking to the manager and he had an air of indifference and when I told them we were NOT told this, we were told to return AT closing for the refund. He shrugged his shoulders and said "You should of come earlier then, you know for next time, yes?!"

My wife had to pull me by the arm because she could see I was getting pissed. I do not get violent, but I would of started yelling at him.

------

On top of this, I wrote several emails to them and to this date, have received NO response! Not even a robo response! First one I wrote was in May after we got back.

So yeah, it really sucked. I actually had more fun at Monet's chateau.

Have to say that was much our experience (and in France in general on other trips) - poor customer service, no charm from employees, take it or leave it!

Disney recently bought the majority shares to the failing Disneyland Paris and will proceed to pour more money into the failing Disneyland Paris park in an (attempt) to fix it. I suspect this will slow and undercut any updates and expansions to the already overcrowded US parks that need and deserve the updates and expansions..

I was a DLP cm for a few months years ago. I was a WDW cm and they had a work abroad program. From the start they told us that most WDW CMS quit halfway through.

I was at a small shop by the Buffalo Bill show. A group from the UK came in and right away knew I was from the US. They said they knew because I was the nicest cm they had met all week.

Time and again I keep posting on here that Disneyland Paris is Frencfied Disney, its an American style theme park with the customs, and social behaviours of France / central Europe.

Disney does not equal America.

Disneyland Paris is not Walt Disney World or Disneyland California scooped up, made smaller and transported to France.

In Walt Disney World or Disneyland California the CM's are more loyal to the Disney brand. They have all grown up with the Disney brand being part of their way of life. Walt Disney World or Disneyland California CM's will have grown up going to the parks, shopping in Disney Store or watching The Mickey Mouse Club. Many people move to Florida or California for the specific purpose of working for Disney. Working for Disney or being a park CM is seen as a career, something kids grow up wanting to do. Customer service in Walt Disney World or Disneyland California is an exaggerated extension of the American customer service in any downtown shop, restaurant , hotel or cafe.

ALL the above is not typical in France or Europe. Disney is not a way of life for people. The Disneyland Paris CM's see Disney as just another job. Many will never have been to any other Disney park or even wear Disney branded clothing outside of work. In regular European downtown shop, restaurant , hotel or cafe customer service is not the happy smiley American customer service. Therefore in Disneyland Paris there is not the exaggerated extension of the American customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter