Disney Planning Preference - Blog, Vlog or Podcast?

Maureen123

Earning My Ears
We were having a family discussion about planning our next Disney trip (I honestly don't know why since all the planning is left to me!) but this question came up...

Where is your go-to place for Disney tips - a blog, vlog, or podcast?

My teen son said vlog, my adult daughter said podcasts and I typically rely mostly on blogs and vlogs. So we're thinking it's a bit of a generational preference, too.

What is YOUR preference for gathering information? And your age range? If you use all three, what's your order of preference? Any favorite places you care to share?

Thanks, everyone! Happy planning!

If you have NEVER been to Disney, probably all of those choices might provide some insight. We hadn't been to Disney in over 10 yrs when planning our trip for last year and I did watch a few of those online videos, but didn't find them of much value. A group of people sit around chit/chatting about whatever the topic is. If you want concise/current/accurate information about specific Disney questions, the best source I have found is the official Disney website. Forums like these tend to cover the most commonly asked topics, so it can also be a resource depending on what specifically you are looking for. Make sure to notice the date of the information so it is current. What might have been true 5 yrs ago may no longer be current practice.

A Disney novice would clearly have different questions from someone who is a regular.

"Planning" a Disney trip also seems to mean different things to different people from what I have read on here for the time I have participated. Do you need help knowing where to stay, which parks to visit, how to plan meals or are you looking for something more specific like some sort of daily itinerary?

Last edited:
Do you need help knowing where to stay, which parks to visit, how to plan meals or are you looking for something more specific like some sort of daily itinerary?

We were just talking in the general sense. But that's a good point! Each medium is probably best for different things. I didn't think about that! Thanks.

My sister and I, both in our early 40's, tend to use vlogs for WDW content, not really for any specific planning. My sister watches specific vloggers for updated information on what is going on around WDW. If we do need to plan something that is new to us, then we might do a thorough search for vlogs or blogs that are specific.

My sister usually needs a visual for planning. I have just not tried any podcasts specific to WDW, but I rarely would get the chance to listen to any podcast without too many interruptions.

I like to read blogs and podcasts to get more information, as well as some other fan sites. I also look at the official WDW websites for information as well! Everyone has their own opinions on how to travel, so it's good to read a lot to get more perspective.

Vlogs are our go-to. We routinely watch three specific vlogs. They talk about news and updates, will go into the parks and then show these updates or new food item.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter