Disney Projects During Shutdown

larsonb74

Disney Padawan
Wondering if Disney will use the shutdown time to pull ahead any ride repairs and refurbishment schedules. Try to make some positive out of the shutdown time.

I hope so especially at epcot. If they can do enough to be able to take down some of those construction walls when they reopen that would be a good thing. Trying to do work on RotR would also be good. but there could also be a chance to do some minor fixup that isn't worth stopping a ride for since they are down now like fixing broken animatronics and things like that.

We'll see but i hope so.

I don't think they will be doing a lot of work during this time. Mainly, because it would look bad PR wise. They may do some stuff and take advantage of the time if they only have to pull in a couple of employees. Although, if some of the work is contracted out, it is more likely to continue through the contractors.

This has been discussed in other threads.

I don't get why they would prioritize maintenance/improvements unless it's going to save them substantially.

People are going to rush back to the parks as soon as this clears whether Remy's or Tron is up or not.

Although, if some of the work is contracted out, it is more likely to continue through the contractors.

I think it will depend on the contracts between Disney and the subcontractors. The contract probably specifies the conditions under which work can be halted and which side has the right to make that decision. Obviously if there was a mandatory government quarantine or something along those lines, it should supersede the contract.

This has been discussed in other threads.

I don't get why they would prioritize maintenance/improvements unless it's going to save them substantially.

People are going to rush back to the parks as soon as this clears whether Remy's or Tron is up or not.
A few reasons why. The rides are starting to look really "worn" and been breaking down "temporarily" more often as well. This is stuff they can work on now and not worry about taking the rides down during regular park hours for cosmetic or some basic repairs. Plus, with the announcement from CDC recommending no gatherings of over 50 people for at least "8 Weeks" (if WDW follows that), then they can get some major work done. This stuff has to get done even when people come flocking back. I think it would save them money, mainly because now you can do it during the day. I use to have a friend that worked at WDW (system mechanic) and he picked the night shift because it paid more than the day shift.

A few reasons why. The rides are starting to look really "worn" and been breaking down "temporarily" more often as well. This is stuff they can work on now and not worry about taking the rides down during regular park hours for cosmetic or some basic repairs. Plus, with the announcement from CDC recommending no gatherings of over 50 people for at least "8 Weeks" (if WDW follows that), then they can get some major work done. This stuff has to get done even when people come flocking back. I think it would save them money, mainly because now you can do it during the day. I use to have a friend that worked at WDW (system mechanic) and he picked the night shift because it paid more than the day shift.

in the press conference today they were even talking about avoiding gathering over 10.

Working in the facilities & maintenance trade I know that I would be trying to schedule and squeeze out every available second if I safely could of this opportunity. Need to make hay while the sun is shining.
Typically we aren't "gathered" together in close proximity to others while doing work. I had discussions today with my electrical subs on electrical substation replacement project and they plan on keeping on keeping on.

It’s urgent that everyone reduce the spread of this virus and keep a safe distance from each other until we have a better idea of what we’re grappling with, doing a better job of testing people, etc. That includes the people who are working on repairing your favorite Disney ride.

I work in maintenance for a company that is in the same space as Disney, both being so customer service driven, and were working even though we expect it to be closed. A lot of maintenance and construction work is done in smaller isolated groups, even if it’s done by a large group of people.

So imo they will continue to do yearly maintenance. Weekly/monthly preventative maintenance and most if not all construction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter