Disney Projects During Shutdown

@rteetz - can the title of this thread be changed to constructions and refurbishments during Disney Shutdown?

Edit to add: thank you. Much clearer title now.

Last edited:
If well managed much construction and maintenance can be accomplished with very strong social distancing

Given the add on costs of protection, staging and off hour work significant savings could be seen on some WDW projects and maintenance while the parks and resorts are closed.

If well managed much construction and maintenance can be accomplished with very strong social distancing

Given the add on costs of protection, staging and off hour work significant savings could be seen on some WDW projects and maintenance while the parks and resorts are closed.

I'm sure it could, if the government allowed it. Since the counties where WDW reside have declared "stay-at-home" orders because local folks weren't taking this seriously, it's a moot point.

I'm sure it could, if the government allowed it. Since the counties where WDW reside have declared "stay-at-home" orders because local folks weren't taking this seriously, it's a moot point.
From Orange County stay in place order essential list

(28) construction sites (if CDC distancing is maintained)

Even if they could work, I assume the bulk of the work is contracted and not done on T&M so no cost savings

Even if they could work, I assume the bulk of the work is contracted and not done on T&M so no cost savings
most contracts at this level have very detailed schedule of values and pre defined premiums, so given Disneys leverage on their contractors a quick repricing change order would likely happen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter