Disney Resort Fun Runs FAQ’s & ?

I posted in another thread asking about this. My Plans were off and it looks like the only day I can do the Fun Run is on Wednesday ( our rest day ) for the Old Key West Southernmost Point 3K run.

We're staying at Port Orleans Riverside but don't have a car rental.

Since I'd have to be there by 7am to register, what's the best way that you recommend to get to the Old Key West by 7am from POR ( or any other resort )?

I have a feeling that using the Shuttle Buses won't work. I'd have to go from POR to Epcot then from Epcot to Old Key West. I guess for those 2 stops, it would take a total of about 45 minutes to an hour to get from POR to Old Key West. I'd have to leave POR by 6am in the morning. I don't think the Bus Shuttles leave until 6:30am. So I think the timing for that isn't going to work.

Is the only option at such an early time that I have is to get a taxi or Uber/Lyft to go from POR to Old Key West?

Is there Taxi or Uber/Lyft Service that leaves from the Resorts around 6:30am?

I have a stupid question. I see that Old Key West is physically less than 1 mile from Port Orleans Riverside. Is it possible for me to literally run there myself from POR to Old Key West? I don't get the sense that the roads have any walking paths or that people are allowed to run on the side of the road to get there.

Any other recommendations in regards to transportation to Old Key West that early?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
@CableKC There is an un-official way to get therefrom PO-FQ via a "backstage/cast member" road. You can see it if you zoom in on PO-FQ parking lot. It goes from PO-FQ, crosses Vacation Way and ends up on Millers Rd. You might be stopped from using it, in which case you would be consigned to walking on the grass along the main road.

@CableKC There is an un-official way to get therefrom PO-FQ via a "backstage/cast member" road. You can see it if you zoom in on PO-FQ parking lot. It goes from PO-FQ, crosses Vacation Way and ends up on Millers Rd. You might be stopped from using it, in which case you would be consigned to walking on the grass along the main road.
I don't mind walking through to the main road where the cars are driving. What I don't know is whether I am allowed to quickly run on those main roads outside of the resort area and venture outside to get to the next resort.

Was able to make a last minute change and ended up staying at the OKW resort a week back. I got up early in the morning and was able to somehow drag my Wife out of bed to join me for the Old Key West run. Although it was quick....it was fun. I got my medal and was able to get my Wife to do her first ever run. Taking a break from the Parks and enjoying ( if u can call waking up at 6am fun ) a run like this is worth it. The good thing is that since we are at OKW, I can wake up tomorrow to run over to Saratoga Springs and do the Derby Dash there in the morning.

Was able to make a last minute change and ended up staying at the OKW resort a week back. I got up early in the morning and was able to somehow drag my Wife out of bed to join me for the Old Key West run. Although it was quick....it was fun. I got my medal and was able to get my Wife to do her first ever run. Taking a break from the Parks and enjoying ( if u can call waking up at 6am fun ) a run like this is worth it. The good thing is that since we are at OKW, I can wake up tomorrow to run over to Saratoga Springs and do the Derby Dash there in the morning.

That's awesome. I love those fun runs. Oh, and as far as running at Disney is concerned, I call waking up at 6 am "sleeping in"!

Just got back from my DW vacation and wanted to thank all of you for your helpful responses.

Just a quick TR that relates specifically to running and the Fun Run:

We ended up staying at the Old Key West Resort. Although there is a running trail inside the Resort, I decided to follow the suggestion of some here and decided to take the trail and run from OKW to Saratoga and Disney Springs. Coincidentally, we ended up staying in Building 55 and was right next to the trail between OKW and Saratoga Springs. The trail between OKW and Saratoga Springs isn't lighted but is paved from beginning to end. It's supposed to be closed from dusk til dawn. I ended up waking up early to go run the trail before we headed out to the Parks one day. I'd say that it takes about 3 to 5 minutes to jog from OKW to Saratoga Springs and then another couple of minutes just to get to Disney Springs. There are marked signs that tell you where to run and not run since the trail is next to the golf course with Disney Golf Cast members reminding you to stay on the trail and not wander into the trails that lead into the Golf Courses ( which I did cuz I took a wrong turn ). Just stay on the trail along the winding stream and you will be fine. I ended up running down to Disney Springs around 7:30am in the morning. I was hoping to literally run through Disney Springs with no one there, but it looks like DW completely closes off Disney Spring to visitors and doesn't let you run though there at all ( Security told me that it was closed and that I had to go back ). That was okay since I could run back and take a look at the Saratoga Springs Resort.

The next day was the OKC Southern Most Point run. The run itself starts at the main Hospitality House building and winds through a specific trail throughout the resort and had about 12 to 16 people that signed up ( sign up no later than 7:15am since the run starts at 7:30am ). I like it because the run allows you to see different parts of the resort that you may not have seen before ( like finding out that there is bike and running path behind the Turtle Pool ). The run itself is only 1.8 miles, so the total running time isn't that long. This particular run, I was somehow able to convince my Wife ( whose not a runner ) to join me and do her first "Fun Run". I'm the type that prefers to run at my own pace ( which is faster than my Wife's pace ), so I told her that I'm gonna run like normal and not wait for her ( since I know that she's gonna stop ). But since there were plenty of people that both casually run and walk, she wasn't going to be alone. The good thing is that these Disney runs are organized where they have people stationed at specific spots along with signs showing you where you have to run so that you don't get lost. I was able to finish the run without any issue and waited for her to finish. It wasn't anything overly special; but I got my medal ( which is the only reason why I do any of these runs ), my water bottle and was able to have my Wife join me.

Later that afternoon, it dawned on me that I could run the Saratoga Springs Fun run as well since I can just run over there ( instead of having to book and pay for a Minnie Van to get to another resort early in the morning ). Luckily, the Saratoga Springs Derby Dash was the next morning. So; I decided to wake up a little early the next day, run over to Saratoga Springs and run the Derby Dash as well. Same thing here; the sign up was by 7:45am and the run starts at 8am ). The run was very organized and had as many runners participating. It's a little shorter ( about 1.44 miles ) around Saratoga Springs resort itself. I finished the race and was able to get back before my family woke up for our jaunt over to Disney Springs.

The part that I found difficult to figure out was how to get from Resort to Resort. Luckily, I stayed at OKW and was able to quickly run over to Saratoga Springs ( which had back to back runs during the week ). For others, it maybe harder if you are staying at a different resort. But you can just book a Minnie Van through Lyft ( which is a Disney Service ) which is probably the easiest.

Overall; if you are a runner ( casual or not ) and love doing these type of "Fun Runs", then it is worth it even if it is very short run ( mainly because it's a Disney sponsored event ).

Last edited:
I never knew about these rubs 🤣meant to type runs until a girl I work with told me about them. I’m so excited to start doing them. I have two short trips coming up at Saratoga Springs but I don’t think I’ll be able to do it during next weeks trip but will definitely do it during September’s trip. Do all the resorts give you a water bottle and the medal? I love me some run swag.

Last edited:

I never knew about these rubs until a girl I work with told me about them. I’m so excited to start doing them. I have two short trips coming up at Saratoga Springs but I don’t think I’ll be able to do it during next weeks trip but will definitely do it during September’s trip. Do all the resorts give you a water bottle and the medal? I love me some run swag.
Here is a list of SWAG [and other pertinent info] by resort. It's as of February of this year but can always change without notice. I'm a little partial to the YC/BC Regatta Run SWAG though! Quite the haul for a 3K run!
https://www.themouseforless.com/blog_world/2019/02/disney-resort-fun-runs/

I never knew about these rubs 🤣meant to type runs until a girl I work with told me about them. I’m so excited to start doing them. I have two short trips coming up at Saratoga Springs but I don’t think I’ll be able to do it during next weeks trip but will definitely do it during September’s trip. Do all the resorts give you a water bottle and the medal? I love me some run swag.

I have more photos I need to work on uploading. This thread only lets me post so many in my original post. Because each resort fun run is individually organized and officiated by each resort, all the swag is different. You can see the swag I got from the ones I did, but they are always subject to change. The yacht & beach club had some of the best swag for sure! You do get a medal though!! I’m doing Saratoga next time as I haven’t done that one yet.

So, I have to call each resort I'm staying at (or near) to find out if there's a run while I'm there? I'll be at WL in a few weeks and I'll be in my 2nd week of training for a half-marathon. An organized run would be great! (why is it that organized group runs are so much more fun than running by yourself?!?)

So, I have to call each resort I'm staying at (or near) to find out if there's a run while I'm there? I'll be at WL in a few weeks and I'll be in my 2nd week of training for a half-marathon. An organized run would be great! (why is it that organized group runs are so much more fun than running by yourself?!?)
Organized runs are more fun, even if you run by yourself!
Calling an individual hotel tends to get you a switchboard, not the actual resort. You will likely have better luck searching for the resort activities sheet for the individual resorts to confirm the dates listed earlier in the thread.

I would just go to your resort's concierge desk to see if they can get in touch with each resort or their recreation team to determine if there's a run scheduled during your stay. There's only a little over a handful of resorts that have the runs, so it should not be too difficult for them to do.

The list I have posted on page 1 is current. Those are the only ones happening that I’m aware of. The deluxe resorts only seem to have them seasonally. I’ve not heard of any Disney organized runs happening at Wilderness Lodge unfortunately.

Just saw that there is a fun run at Coronado Springs! It's called The Running of Coronado. Looks like it was run on Wednesdays in June and July, but I saw it mentioned in a group that it was run this morning. So....who knows? No idea about the swag or bling that you get.

Highly recommend Fun Run at POFQ. Did it 9/15 and had a great time. I am NOT a runner, either. (I alternated running and walking) Only wish they kept time (ie had a visible running clock).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!