Disney Resort Fun Runs FAQ’s & ?

Will update again when Disney reopens. But here’s the most up to date list:

• Sunday: Port Orleans French Quarter, Beignet Dash (8 a.m.)
  • Sunday: Riviera Resort, Topolino Trot (7:30 a.m.)
  • Every other Tuesday: All Star Resorts, All-Stars & Icons Fun Run
  • Wednesday: Old Key West, Southernmost Point 3K (7:30 a.m.)
  • Wednesday: Coronado Springs, The Running of Coronado Fun Run, 1.2 miles (7:30 a.m.)
  • Thursday: Saratoga Springs, Derby Dash (8 a.m.)
  • Thursday: Yacht and Beach Club, Regatta Run (normally 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. January-February 2020)
  • Friday: Boardwalk Resort, Seaside Sprint (normally 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. January-February 2020)
  • Fort Wilderness has also had 5Ks to celebrate holidays including the 4th of July, Halloween, and Thanksgiving – so always check the calendar for runs if you’re staying there during those times of year. YOU MUST BE A GUEST*

When I did it (2019 I think?) they gave a bunch of little swag, including a pin, but no medal.
Great Swag! I ran it twice in 2019. Small tote bag filled with sunglasses, ears buds, and a dated spinner "medal" pin! Not to mention bottled water, fruit and a snack bar at the finish! All for the 2019 low price of $15. Great value in my mind.
ETA: Post #1 has a picture of the Swag from the Regatta run and other fun runs as well......

Last edited:
Great Swag! I ran it twice in 2019. Small tote bag filled with sunglasses, ears buds, and a dated spinner medal! Not mention bottled water, fruit and a snack bar at the finish! All for the 2019 low price of $15. Great value in my mind.
ETA: Post #1 has a picture of the Swag from the Regatta run and other fun runs as well......

Yep, that's what we got too, but my spinner is a pin. Looks exactly the same otherwise.

Does anyone have any information about the Shadow 3K Fun Run at HHI? I read online that they created a “virtual” option where you pay and receive your bib, a course map, and medal, and then complete the run on your own time. Has anyone done this run before? Just looking for some past experience notes, I did a search but there’s not much information out there about it. Thanks!

Are there any signs that these might restart? Anybody has seen information posted at the resorts? runDisney is resuming but there might still be personal shortages at the resorts.

I know a chat CM said you have to be a resort guest to participate in the run, but not sure how official that is.

Great to see them coming back! Pre-Covid, they did not check to see if you were a resort guest. We stayed at BWV and did the run at Boardwalk and the one at Yacht Club in the same week.

A couple people who did the fun run today said that people were able to participate from other Disney resorts (not just BW, BC, Yacht). They didn’t say if non-Disney resort guests could participate.

It looks like it was free and they received a bib number and a bottle of water. There was no gift like the pins or other items that have been given out in the past.

It’ll be interesting to see if this evolves back into its original form!

Have these continued past the first trial. We are going down next week and would like to head over there

I can't find anything online confirming if Resort fun runs are currently occurring? I'm especially interested in anything in the Epcot area resorts. Has anyone done this lately?

I can't find anything online confirming if Resort fun runs are currently occurring? I'm especially interested in anything in the Epcot area resorts. Has anyone done this lately?

I started this thread years ago when I lived 1.3 miles behind Cinderella’s castle. lol. Those were the days!! I’ve been in Pennsylvania at Penn State University the last few years (Since the pandemic 2020) and finally moving back down to Florida in August. I will be at Disney in early June (2024) and I will be sure to get allllllll the deets I can on these fun runs!!!

I do know *historically* that the only fun runs that were resort specific was the Fort Wilderness campground. I know a few cast member friends that are still doing resort activities so I will for sure ask around and see what I can find out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter