Disney Rewards to Expire Dec 2005

BEACHCLUBVILLAS

Mouseketeer
We just called Disney Visa to add our cummulative reward points to our Rewards card. We scheduled a last minute trip a couple weeks ago for August. We own the DVC Disney Visa since Day 1. We talked about whether we should put all our earned points on the reward card now or wait for another trip. She said we should take them all because they expire at the end of December with no rollover. Thought I'd let you all know in case you want to call Visa so you don't lose your rewards. I'm not sure if it's a result of Disney Visa moving from Bank One to Chase. Looks like Chase is not honoring the earned rewards.

When did you move all your reward dollars to your card ? i remember when i checked my balance of my rewards, just a couple of weeks ago, im still banking them, it said i have until 2008 to transfer them and use them. hmmm
i better check them again tomorrow.

I really think you had an inexperienced customer rep. Your current rewards card, like mine, has an expiration date of Dec 2005. If you have rewards left on that particular card after Dec 2005, you will forfeit them. The object is not to put too many on that card if you don't expect to use them. Points left in your account at Chase will still be good. After 2005, they will issue cards with a new expiration date :hourglass

WithDisneySpirit said:
I really think you had an inexperienced customer rep. Your current rewards card, like mine, has an expiration date of Dec 2005. If you have rewards left on that particular card after Dec 2005, you will forfeit them. The object is not to put too many on that card if you don't expect to use them. Points left in your account at Chase will still be good. After 2005, they will issue cards with a new expiration date :hourglass

I think I'll call back today to get clarification. Are you saying then that if I left the points on my Visa card and didn't transfer them to my reward card they would not expire, now that we've moved them, they'll expire in December? Grrrr.

It shouldn't be a problem in the end becuase we are going in a few weeks and again in October. I am certain I can find a hundred ways to spend my rewards. But, something everyone else should considering when using your rewards.

A hint to the OP - you can use the rewards balance to pay your maintenance fees - just call MA with your card number! Then you won't have to worry about using them on your trips.

I agree with the previous answer. The rewards card itself expires and any points on it expire with it. So do not transfer points to the card, unless you plan on using them before the card expiration date.

But also, the rewards points that haven't been transferred to a card have an expiration date also. I remember it's much further in the future, however.

For anyone who might need to, we always transfer points to our rewards card, then buy Disney Dollars with them. Much easier to spend the Disney Dollars -- and you can use them anywhere, even at carts and such that don't take credit cards -- than the rewards card, not to mention you don't have to keep track of what's left on the car.

married@wdw said:
For anyone who might need to, we always transfer points to our rewards card, then buy Disney Dollars with them. Much easier to spend the Disney Dollars -- and you can use them anywhere, even at carts and such that don't take credit cards -- than the rewards card, not to mention you don't have to keep track of what's left on the car.

I love that idea! And Kathleena's to pay maintenance fees with it. I won't worry then that they expire in December. I came to the right place. Thank you.

Beachclub - did you call them back to make sure you just got mistaken info? I know the cards themselves expire (and I am sure the point do at some point as well - but it is a LONG ways from the original issuing date).

Glad you don't have to sweat it!

Also, fyi I just ordered a rewards card a couple of weeks ago and the expiration date on that card is 12/06.

lllovell said:
Beachclub - did you call them back to make sure you just got mistaken info? I know the cards themselves expire (and I am sure the point do at some point as well - but it is a LONG ways from the original issuing date).

Glad you don't have to sweat it!

Last October we put some of our rewards on the card. When we called this week it was to put some more of the rewards on our card and that's when we were advised to put all of them on it because they expire in December. So we did. It must have been a new person as someone suggested. Today I got confirmation that the rewards on the card are set to expire in Dec but any not moved to the reward card would not expire. I forgot to ask if just the original points expire in Dec and the new ones expire later. We originally got bad info but not a biggie. We'll spend some and buy some Disney dollars with the rest before we leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter