Disney Sea- possible to do everything in one day?

mimmi

DIS Veteran
I will be traveling to Tokyo in march and have one day for Disney Sea. I'll try to get there early but I remember that coming on the bus from Narita Airport I'll miss rope drop by a few minutes and I have to buy tickets at the gates. Do you think I can still do all the major attractions plus a few character meets and some minor attractions in one day?
Is there a character lunch in the park?
I'm so excited to finally see this park!!!

It really depends when you go, there are times of the year when the parks are not busy at all like when it's super cold in the winter in between events is usually a good time too for avoiding crowds! When are you planning on going?

I will be there on march 17th, it's a weekday (thursday) and according to my travel guide there's no official holiday. It's a pity that I can't buy the tickets online...

Ah, that may be a problem. The schools will have just released students for the spring break and on top of that it's campus days so students get discounted tickets. I would offer to help but I'll be on a flight to the US. Can you make it to TDS a couple of days earlier? According to the crowd calendar the Sunday before should be slightly better.

Aw, too bad. No, I'm on my company's schedule i'm not flexible at all. We'll try to do as much as possible during the morning and use fastpass. It will be better than nothing and I'm going with a friend so it will be fun anyway. I'm just thinking that maybe an earlier train will be better than the bus but I will be awfully tired being on European time.
Thank you!

Yeah I think that getting there early is the best thing that you can do, if possible at least an hour early would be the best case scenario. There is a few things to keep in mind, people run really fast so please be careful. The kids during campus days seem to prefer attractions to shows so you don't really have to camp out for shows which will work in your favor. Lucky you, it looks like no attraction closures at TDS while you are there! Your nearest FP will be ToT in American Waterfront. After that I would recommend going to Journey and riding directly without FP. After that you should be able to get another FP right? You can choose an attraction you did or use it for Indy but keep in mind Indy and Raging you can ride as single riders so you may want to use your FP for ToT or Journey since lines will be longer to ride again or Storm Rider in Port Discovery. Then if it's still available get a FP for 20,000 leauges under the Sea. TDS has really great shows! Do not miss Mythica the day time show in the harbor or BBB! in American waterfront Mystic Ryhthms is also good but the first two are do not miss. The show for Little Mermaid and Magic Lamp theater have an electronic translating device so if they do not offer it to you please ask for one. Sindbad never has a line so do not worry about it because you can ride it at any point during the day. I'll try to think of more but it's too early right now lol. Goodluck!

We are hoping to go in about two years and I am just starting to educate myself on the parks over there. If I wanted to do the parks in a leisurely fashion, how many days should I allot for each park?

Thanks!

I spent a day at DisneySea and DisneyLand and 1 day each wasn't nearly enough, and the parks weren't that busy when I went.

At DisneySea, you could spend literally 1/2 the day just looking around at all of the cool stuff...there's so many beautiful things to look at and interact with.

I'd say for people who can take a few days, I'd say 3-4 days to experience it all at both parks.

I spent a day at DisneySea and DisneyLand and 1 day each wasn't nearly enough, and the parks weren't that busy when I went.

At DisneySea, you could spend literally 1/2 the day just looking around at all of the cool stuff...there's so many beautiful things to look at and interact with.

I'd say for people who can take a few days, I'd say 3-4 days to experience it all at both parks.

I was thinking we probably needed 5 days, 2 for each park and then one for anything we missed. Thanks!

I'm also laying the groundwork for a trip in most likely Spring 2013 unless there are cheap flights next year like there were this March ($675 from Boston). I'm also debating between a 4 or 5-day pass.

Yeah I think that getting there early is the best thing that you can do, if possible at least an hour early would be the best case scenario. There is a few things to keep in mind, people run really fast so please be careful. The kids during campus days seem to prefer attractions to shows so you don't really have to camp out for shows which will work in your favor. Lucky you, it looks like no attraction closures at TDS while you are there! Your nearest FP will be ToT in American Waterfront. After that I would recommend going to Journey and riding directly without FP. After that you should be able to get another FP right? You can choose an attraction you did or use it for Indy but keep in mind Indy and Raging you can ride as single riders so you may want to use your FP for ToT or Journey since lines will be longer to ride again or Storm Rider in Port Discovery. Then if it's still available get a FP for 20,000 leauges under the Sea. TDS has really great shows! Do not miss Mythica the day time show in the harbor or BBB! in American waterfront Mystic Ryhthms is also good but the first two are do not miss. The show for Little Mermaid and Magic Lamp theater have an electronic translating device so if they do not offer it to you please ask for one. Sindbad never has a line so do not worry about it because you can ride it at any point during the day. I'll try to think of more but it's too early right now lol. Goodluck!

Thanks for the touringplan, that's so nice of you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter