Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

I totally get people that don't want to ride in the gondolas - to be confined while dangling, I get it, doesn't seem safe ....

... but statistically they are very safe. Switzerland’s Office fédéral de la statistique OFS did a study that found gondolas and funiculars were the safest of their public transportation methods.

And Rail was the least safe - so guess we should get rid of the Walt Disney Railroad ;)

Picture-1.png

Huh, even in what looks like a close to worst case example, anyone in those cabins would be bounced around some but not killed or maimed. Looks very well built and safe to me.
Still safer than riding a bus while standing.

Ugh. If that's true, I won't be staying at Caribbean Beach, Art of Animation, Pop Century. My stomach hurts just thinking about having to use this.

On one of the Disney Parks Blogs about the gondolas, Disney responded there will still be bus service. But I would expect that to be reduced - like maybe instead of every 20 minutes, every hour. I'm sure they'll just have to see what the guest response is to the gondola and adjust buses from there.

On one of the Disney Parks Blogs about the gondolas, Disney responded there will still be bus service. But I would expect that to be reduced - like maybe instead of every 20 minutes, every hour. I'm sure they'll just have to see what the guest response is to the gondola and adjust buses from there.

I could also see them having like one bus that goes to Pop and AOA or something

This is news to me. We've been assuming gondola = monorail = boat, in that the gondola will be the only way to get from A to B. Perhaps Disney has survey data or whatnot that has persuaded them to maintain a nominal level of bus service.

I went back and searched all the Disney Parks Blogs about Skyliner and their attached comments, and could not find anything about buses still being offered to those resorts.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/?s=skyliner

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!