Disney Springs Hotels Bus Information

The nightly bus service to Disney Springs operates a little differently from the theme park buses. Unless it's changed in the past 2 months, it's one bus that goes to all 7 hotels. There aren't a ton of people that use the service, so the stops tend to be 1-2 minutes. Unlike the theme park buses, this bus doesn't have a set schedule. Essentially, it just keeps doing the loop all night.

Disney Springs Bus Stop Orders
  • Hilton Lake Buena Vista
  • Holiday Inn Disney Springs
  • B Resort and Spa
  • DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista
  • Best Western Lake Buena Vista
  • Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
  • Hilton Buena Vista Palace
  • Disney Springs West Side (between Watermelon and Strawberry parking lots)
If you're using the bus to go to Disney Springs, you'd only make two stops prior to arriving. If you use it to return, you'd make four stops prior to arriving at your hotel.

Thank you! Figure that or an Uber!

We are considering BW LBV this year. I read an old review that said DS buses drop off guests at the back of the parking lot entrance- and then guests either have to walk the length of the humongous parking lot or take the tram to where the buses drop off. I know Magic Kingdom bus would go to the ferry or monorail, but is this review accurate or are guests dropped off at the closer locations like the Disney resort buses?

Once you arrive at the destination, you walk to the entrance or to the monorail/ferry. You do not need to traverse the guest parking lot or take a parking lot tram.

Here are some maps. Please note that the lettered locations are approximate. (To make the letter readable, I moved them slightly in some cases.) All maps are the same scale.

Transportation and Ticket Center (Transfer to Monorail/Ferry/Bus to Magic Kingdom):
ttc-entrance-bing-aerial-lettered.jpg

Courtesy Bing Maps: https://binged.it/2G2TJNG
Key:
A: Disney Springs Hotels Bus Stop
B: Parking Lot Tram
C: Monorail Entrance
D: Ferry Dock

Epcot:
ect-entrance-bing-aerial-lettered.jpg

Courtesy Bing Maps: https://binged.it/2IIOQeE
Key:
B-E: Disney Resorts Bus Stops
F: Parking Lot Tram
G: Monorail Entrance
H: Park Entrance

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
dhs-entrance-bing-aerial-lettered.jpg

Courtesy Bing Maps: https://binged.it/2IDNP7H
Key:
B-E: Disney Resorts Bus Stops
F: Parking Lot Tram
G: Park Entrance
H: Boat Dock
K: Skyliner Station (future enhancement)

Disney's Animal Kingdom:
dak-entrance-bing-aerial-lettered.jpg

Courtesy Bing Maps: https://binged.it/2IJj0hN
Key:
B: Disney Resorts Bus Stops
C: Parking Lot Tram
D: Park Entrance

Since the buses don't go to the Disney hotels, would it be easier to walk to Disney Springs and catch a bus for a breakfast reservation (9am) at the Polynesian? Or should I take the bus to MK and then monorail to Polynesian? I don't know how often buses run from Disney Springs to the Disney hotels in the mornings.

Since the buses don't go to the Disney hotels, would it be easier to walk to Disney Springs and catch a bus for a breakfast reservation (9am) at the Polynesian? Or should I take the bus to MK and then monorail to Polynesian? I don't know how often buses run from Disney Springs to the Disney hotels in the mornings.

You would have to walk all the way to Saratoga Springs and catch a resort to park bus to be safe. The buses to Disney Springs are not guaranteed to run to resorts until Disney Springs is open and that is 10 am.

The Disney Springs Hotel bus will take you to the TTC and you can walk to Polynesian from there.

If you fly in to MCO, what is the approximate distance/cost of getting to DS hotels via cab or uber? I've always either stayed offsite with a car or used DME (or Universal's equivalent to DME when going to Universal).

Sorry if this isn’t the best place for this question.

As long as you book at one of these hotels - you qualify for EMH right? I am seeing a listing for Best Western Lake Burma Vista - Disney’s springs Resort Area (through Southwest Airlines hotel booking) but it does not mention EMH. Are there rooms/price specials that would qualify for EMH?

Oh, and does anybody know how much Uber / Lyft generally is to a disney springs area hotel from MCO (or other cheap option)? Thank You!!

Sorry if this isn’t the best place for this question.

As long as you book at one of these hotels - you qualify for EMH right? I am seeing a listing for Best Western Lake Burma Vista - Disney’s springs Resort Area (through Southwest Airlines hotel booking) but it does not mention EMH. Are there rooms/price specials that would qualify for EMH?

Oh, and does anybody know how much Uber / Lyft generally is to a disney springs area hotel from MCO (or other cheap option)? Thank You!!

First :welcome:to the Dis

Secondly, there is no 'EMH rate' it is available to everyone staying there.

Thirdly, I've never used Uber/Lyft so I'll have to let others answer.

We are planning on staying at Doubletree for our WDW trip this fall and relying on DS shuttles. My idea was to uber/lyft to the parks to get there well before rope drop and/or AM-EMH and use DS shuttles to return mid day and at park close. A few questions...

1. Do DS shuttles run late to pick up after MNSSHP and MVMCP or would we have to Uber/Lyft?

2. How close can Uber/Lyft drivers get to the park entrances?

3. I read that the DS shuttles start running 60 minutes before parks open. Is that enough time to get a good place in line for rope drop and am-emh?

4. Are there any markets within walking distance for some quick groceries for breakfast or sandwiches?

5. Approximately how long is the walk from the DS shuttle dropoff at the parks to the parks entrances? Would we need to use the trams?

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Last year was our first year at WDW and we stayed at POR and rented a car. This year we have a tight budget and wanna save as much as we can so we are trying something new with relying on shuttles and Uber/Lyft and staying off site...sort of. I am a bit skeptical because we liked the freedom of the rental car. But staying at DS and then paying 22.00 a day to park at the parks is too steep. And staying onsite and paying overnight parking is too much too...especially for what we can get at the Doubletree vs an All Star room. Just cant justify it. Paying to park ANND a rental car. That would cost us well over 500.00 for our entire trip to drive and park. I would rather spend that on souvenirs!! :-)

1. Do DS shuttles run late to pick up after MNSSHP and MVMCP or would we have to Uber/Lyft?

In the past the Disney Springs Hotels buses have only operated during normal theme park hours. If you are attending a special event after normal hours, you'd be responsible for getting yourself back to your hotel.

2. How close can Uber/Lyft drivers get to the park entrances?

I don't use those companies. Somewhere else may be able to answer your questions. Or, visit the "Everything you nnated to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW" thread on the Transportation forum: https://www.disboards.com/threads/everthing-you-wanted-to-know-about-uber-lyft-at-wdw.3443634/

3. I read that the DS shuttles start running 60 minutes before parks open. Is that enough time to get a good place in line for rope drop and am-emh?

I'm a night owl, so I've literally never been to a theme park for rope drop. Other people might be able to answer.

That said, one of the drawbacks of the Disney Springs Hotels bus system is that each bus visits two theme parks. If you're visiting the second park (typically Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom), you won't arrive until about 35-40 after you leave the hotel. In that scenario, you will arrive before the official opening time, but not by much.

4. Are there any markets within walking distance for some quick groceries for breakfast or sandwiches?

There is a shopping area called Crossroads that is a short walk from the DoubleTree Suites. (Bing Maps says about 0.5 miles/9 minutes walking.) There a number of different restaurants, including fast food/fast casual options that are priced much cheaper than restaurants on Disney property. I'm a big fan of Perkins, which is a regional chain similar to Denny's. They are open 24/7.

There also is a grocery store called Goodings. In my experience, it's priced higher than normal grocery stores because they know lots of visitors don't have cars. Be sure to check the products you buy. On my last two visits, I've seen them trying to sell products that are past the "Best By" dates on the packaging.

doubletree-crossroads-walk.jpg

Source: https://binged.it/2JbxGqc

5. Approximately how long is the walk from the DS shuttle dropoff at the parks to the parks entrances? Would we need to use the trams?

Read post #24 in this thread. In that post, I provided aerial photos of the approximate location of the bus stops for the Disney Springs Hotels buses in relation to the main entrances of each theme park (or the Transportation and Ticket Center for Magic Kingdom). In every case, the bus stop is within a short walk of the entrance.

There are no opportunities to use parking lot trams, as those operate in different areas.

...especially for what we can get at the Doubletree vs an All Star room

The DoubleTree Suites is my favorite Disney Springs Hotels. In the many stays I had over the past few years (easily 80 nights), I've never had a major issue. Any minor problem (like a dead TV remote or safe that wouldn't open) were fixed with a single phone call. And, the suites there are approximately twice the size of a Disney All Star Resort room.

If anyone has questions, please ask.

Does anyone know if this includes the magical express from airport to hotel and/or from hotel to Port Canaveral for a Disney Cruise?
Looking to stay in Disney Springs a couple days before cruise and a couple days after.

I understand that after 4PM Disney Transportation will take guest from the Parks to Disney Springs....

At Magic Kingdom, are these bus stops with the other resort stops - right outside of the park, or over at Ticket and Transportation?

Just wondering if after Fireworks when crowds are bad and wait for ferry or monorail can be long, which would be quicker?
- Ferry or Monorail to TTC, Disney Springs Resort Buss
- Disney Transportation Bus to DS, Disney Springs Resort Bus
- Walk to Contemporary, Disney Bus to DS, Disney Springs Resort Bus.

I understand that after 4PM Disney Transportation will take guest from the Parks to Disney Springs....

At Magic Kingdom, are these bus stops with the other resort stops - right outside of the park, or over at Ticket and Transportation?

Just wondering if after Fireworks when crowds are bad and wait for ferry or monorail can be long, which would be quicker?
Option 4. Take the *resort* monorail to the TTC and catch your hotel bus there. It rarely has much of a line and it’s open to anyone to use. It stops at the TTC. I’ve done this- it’s great.

I understand that after 4PM Disney Transportation will take guest from the Parks to Disney Springs.... At Magic Kingdom, are these bus stops with the other resort stops - right outside of the park, or over at Ticket and Transportation?

The Disney buses from Magic Kingdom to Disney Spring is located in the same area as the other Disney Resort buses. You do not need to go to the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC).

Options two and three probably aren't feasible. Disney's one-way buses from the theme parks use the main bus loop at Disney Springs. It's near the middle by Planet Hollywood. The shuttle bus for the Disney Springs Hotels uses the West Side bus loop, which is past the Cirque du Soleil theatre. You'd have to walk in the opposite direction of your hotel and wait to get that second bus.

Keep in mind, the Disney Springs Hotels bus leaving the Transportation and Ticket Center might go to another theme park before returning to the Disney Springs Hotels. Typically it heads to Disney's Animal Kingdom. I saw "might" because it depends upon closing times. If Disney's Animal Kingdom closes at 9pm, the last Disney Springs Hotels bus will be between 9:30 and 9:45pm. (I think. I forget the exact time.) If your bus from the TTC leaves after that time, it should go directly back to the Disney Springs Hotels.

If you're staying at one of the closer Disney Springs Hotels (Hilton Lake Buena Vista, Hilton Buena Vista Palace, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista), the walk from the main Disney Springs bus loop to the hotel isn't too bad. It might be quicker to take a Disney bus to Disney Springs (via the one-way from the park entrance or Disney's Contemporary Resort) and walk instead of doing the trip to the TTC and (possibly) another theme park on the Disney Springs Hotels shuttle.

I hope I explained that adequately. It's a lot of information, so please ask questions if it is not clear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!