Disney Vacation Account Ending

I prefer not to have an eGift Card sitting in my email. Is there a way to buy a plastic GC on Disneygiftcards.com? I tried and when going to checkout it does not give me option to pay with this egift card?? Am I doing something wrong?

Here is my suggestion. If you have an actual plastic gift card, register it on Disneygifts.com. Then you can transfer EGC.

That is what I did. Had a physical giftcard and simply transferred the balance for the same concerns. I'm keeping the email with the egiftcard though in the event the opposite happens while we are at WDW and for whatever reason, we lose the physical card. Can just transfer the balance back to the eGC and use in that instance.

That is what I did. Had a physical giftcard and simply transferred the balance for the same concerns. I'm keeping the email with the egiftcard though in the event the opposite happens while we are at WDW and for whatever reason, we lose the physical card. Can just transfer the balance back to the eGC and use in that instance.
Another good option. But some folks don't feel comfortable with emails, so having both options should work for most.
Remember that Disney has a $1000 maximum per DGC

I just went to the DVA site to check if I had anything in my account and I got this message:

For security purposes, your Disney Vacation Account has been frozen.
Please contact us at (407) 939-7734
—Monday to Friday 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM Eastern Time;Saturday to Sunday 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM Eastern Time
—or email us at guest.service@disneyvacationaccount.com.

Has anyone else had problems with it?

I just went to the DVA site to check if I had anything in my account and I got this message:

—Monday to Friday 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM Eastern Time;Saturday to Sunday 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM Eastern Time

I personally did not get that message. I was able to open my account and then select the option I wanted for a eGift Card. Hopefully it's just a glitch or something.

** I just tried logging in again and it worked fine for me!???

I haven't been able to log in yet-the site was down last night. Will try again tonight when I get home. If I were you I'd try entering through the email link (search folders if missing-did not appear important/easy to miss). Keep us posted! Weird how some are having serious issues & others none at all.

I sent the address above a message, and got an autoresponse back about checking if the info on my account is correct. I am going to have to call the number.
I'm pretty sure I emptied the account after my last trip, but it's still annoying not to be able to check.

Just received my $800 egift card + $40 bonus. Now if I could only transfer the balance onto an existing gift card. The disneygiftcard.com site is not working. What a cluster*#@%.

For everyone that got the eGift card, how soon did it show up in your email? I'm assuming it's the email that gives you the PIN for it? I requested mine and it's showing the account number on the screen, but there's no PIN or bar code to be able to use it anywhere.

For everyone that got the eGift card, how soon did it show up in your email? I'm assuming it's the email that gives you the PIN for it? I requested mine and it's showing the account number on the screen, but there's no PIN or bar code to be able to use it anywhere.

I received mine within minutes, but when i pull it up on my iPhone all I see is an image of the gift card with the dollar value and gift card number directly underneath it. No PIN or barcode. But when I open it up on my PC I see everything. Not sure why but was relieved to see all the info I needed to transfer it to a physical gift card.

Mine came within 5 minutes. All information was included

I received mine within minutes, but when i pull it up on my iPhone all I see is an image of the gift card with the dollar value and gift card number directly underneath it. No PIN or barcode. But when I open it up on my PC I see everything. Not sure why but was relieved to see all the info I needed to transfer it to a physical gift card.

Thanks, kinda thought so. Grr, it's been a half hour and nothing. Not sure why having an AOL account changes anything, but they seem to have trouble with it. I guess I'm calling in to see what they can do about it.

Thanks, kinda thought so. Grr, it's been a half hour and nothing. Not sure why having an AOL account changes anything, but they seem to have trouble with it. I guess I'm calling in to see what they can do about it.
It may very well be AOL. I've heard of a lot of companies not supporting AOL mail

Ah, Disney. Only the finest of tech.

Upside: It appears I finally got the ecard. Downside: I have absolutely no faith in their IT department or digital management systems.
Capture.JPG

No, not all of my emails display like that. The images weren't blocked for protection and capable of being enabled. This is just how they sent out emails.
Delightful. :)

Ah, Disney. Only the finest of tech.

Upside: It appears I finally got the ecard. Downside: I have absolutely no faith in their IT department or digital management systems.

No, not all of my emails display like that. The images weren't blocked for protection and capable of being enabled. This is just how they sent out emails.
Delightful. :)
No one does.

So if you have an AOL account, need patience. Took over 12 hours for the emails to arrive (plus the 4 other sets from me resending them every so often) but they did show up and functional and for the correct amounts :)

Just received an email from DVA letting me know that my $20 bonus gift card is on its way. I cashed out my remaining balance of $331 plus the 5% as soon as I got the email that they were discontinuing the program. I was only about $675 towards my next bonus so I'm not sure what this is for unless they decided to award the bonus for partially meeting the spend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter