Disney Vacation Account Ending

Just received an email from DVA letting me know that my $20 bonus gift card is on its way. I cashed out my remaining balance of $331 plus the 5% as soon as I got the email that they were discontinuing the program. I was only about $675 towards my next bonus so I'm not sure what this is for unless they decided to award the bonus for partially meeting the spend.

I hope so. I was $968.97 towards my next 1k. :mad:

Also, my DVA balance was $1.91, so not like I'm going to make it back there. I, too, was only a few days away from adding several hundred more and putting a deposit on next year's trip.

Ah well.

Received email today that an additional $20 gift card was on its way. I had closed my DVA account a few days ago and recieved the 5% as well. I may have missed the additional bonus gift card in the offer, but this was a nice addition.

Just received an email from DVA letting me know that my $20 bonus gift card is on its way. I cashed out my remaining balance of $331 plus the 5% as soon as I got the email that they were discontinuing the program. I was only about $675 towards my next bonus so I'm not sure what this is for unless they decided to award the bonus for partially meeting the spend.
I cashed out with $2600 and got the 5 percent. Got an email today that my $60 gift card is on the way.

I came here bc I am as puzzled as other posters. I used the option to buy a gift card with my $1950 in my DVA. I got that plus the 5% in gift cards. Today I get the email about a $40 GC on its way. Huh? I'll take it but I also don't remember reading that part of the option.

I cashed out $3200 but haven't received an email about the bonus gift card....fingers crossed I get one too!

The site's down for me now. I suppose this could be partly why they're shutting it down - paying for IT staff that never quite got it all working steady.

I just logged in and bought my gift card and got the extra 5% ... the way they split up the cards was a little odd at first, but it makes sense after looking at the detail breakout on the last page.

Option 2 on their site is a Stay and Play offer that actually might really work for us this fall. It says the mention your unique offer code found in your email or letter, but I haven't received any information from DVA and the only reason I know it's closing to begin with is because of this place.

Has anyone figured out how to get this PIN so I can see if the deal is worth it? Is it as simple as going to book a vacation and using your account number as a PIN?

Option 2 on their site is a Stay and Play offer that actually might really work for us this fall. It says the mention your unique offer code found in your email or letter, but I haven't received any information from DVA and the only reason I know it's closing to begin with is because of this place.

Has anyone figured out how to get this PIN so I can see if the deal is worth it? Is it as simple as going to book a vacation and using your account number as a PIN?

My code was included in the DVA email. It was at the bottom of option 2. If you didn't get the email, I wonder if you can call and see if they can give it to you.

I had a lot of money in my account to pay for an ABD... took the gift card option, account shows 4 gift cards, but then I click on "send to my email" I get the notice on the page that it has been successfully sent, but nothing arrives. I talked to DVA IT twice on Wednesday and they're trying to find the hold up. I've looked high and low, and no egift cards have arrived. I've dug through spam, nothing. Anyone else having an issue? yes, I see I can resend the gift cards, and I've tried that as well with the same confirmation on the DVA page that they've been sent..... nothing....

I just received a letter in the mail today. Said same as the email. It includes a unique code (although I'm not sure if it's just unique to me or the offer in general). I would think everyone is receiving the letter.

I just received a letter in the mail today. Said same as the email. It includes a unique code (although I'm not sure if it's just unique to me or the offer in general). I would think everyone is receiving the letter.

My code is 4 letters then a space and 2 letters and 2 numbers. Like ABCD EF12. My code starts with the same letter twice and ends with a 2

I was able to call and after some back and forth and different people telling me different things, confirmed that they could apply a code to my reservation after checking my info. However, the deal wasn't as good as Magical deal for the same dates so I passed and will cash out with a gift card.

I had a lot of money in my account to pay for an ABD... took the gift card option, account shows 4 gift cards, but then I click on "send to my email" I get the notice on the page that it has been successfully sent, but nothing arrives. I talked to DVA IT twice on Wednesday and they're trying to find the hold up. I've looked high and low, and no egift cards have arrived. I've dug through spam, nothing. Anyone else having an issue? yes, I see I can resend the gift cards, and I've tried that as well with the same confirmation on the DVA page that they've been sent..... nothing....

Mine came through eventually but it wasn't instant like most people got. I did the resend a couple times and I did get multiple emails with my gift cards, so it was almost like they were stuck in a batch somewhere, because all the sets came through in a 20 minute period even though I requested them at various times. Took about 14 hours for them to start to arrive. I was about to call when I checked my email again and they were there so I never spoke to anyone about it.

I am debating whether to do option 1 or option 3. We were saving for a cruise June 2018 (final payment due in April, I believe). We definitely should have time to wait for option 3 (most of the deposits were from my Disney Visa).

I know Option 1 gives us more "money," but I am kind of worried about having near $3000 on Disney gift cards.

Monday morning update, still no egift cards..... spoke with Disney Vacation Account again, today reveals that Earthlink is the "problem" they've got Disney on a permanent spam list and won't let the emails go through, work around, change the email address....... let's see how how that works...

no go with the new email address either. But in case anyone else is caught in the same circular trap that I was, you can actually use the egift card numbers that are posted on your page to pay off vacations without a pin number.

I just decided to cash out for the gift card. But it says there is still $0.10 in my account?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!