Disney Vacation Account Ending

I also got an e-mail saying that my bonus $60 dollars gift card was shipped - after I cashed about $5500 + 5% from DVA.

It is probably a glitch in their system and they might fix it at some point. Or maybe they are being extra nice etc.

I also got $20 dollars bonus just couple days ago - for the reservation I later cancelled. I even called DVA and told them that I was not really entitled to that card. But the lady on the phone told me - you got the card we would not take it back.

I felt a little bad about all this. But when I look at the price I am going to pay for the room in December - I feel more at ease: Disney is not going to loose too much money with me - they will get them the other way :))

Afterwards all these are not cash - these are Disney gift cards you can only spend for Disney stuff :)

I am debating whether to do option 1 or option 3. We were saving for a cruise June 2018 (final payment due in April, I believe). We definitely should have time to wait for option 3 (most of the deposits were from my Disney Visa).

I know Option 1 gives us more "money," but I am kind of worried about having near $3000 on Disney gift cards.

Be aware that if it refunds back to your Disney Visa, that will impact your reward points. Also, if you have any 0% financing active, it will pay down the promotional balance rather than crediting your regular balance.

Enjoy your vacation!

Be aware that if it refunds back to your Disney Visa, that will impact your reward points. Also, if you have any 0% financing active, it will pay down the promotional balance rather than crediting your regular balance.

Enjoy your vacation!
I hadn't considered that! Good points! I did decide to go ahead and cash in for a gift card. My TA is going to apply it to our balance today.
If, for some reason, we can't do this cruise, I guess we will have to plan a trip to Disney to spend the gift cards!

I think I'd just do nothing and hope that option 3 kicks in on September 27 and they send you a $5 gift card.
It appears they are sending a $5 gift card to take care of the 10 cents they left in the account (I had an e-mail).

So I have that I contributed $2399.10 and got an extra $124.85, so about 5.2% better than a Target gift card churn and less work.
I was planning on getting up to 9,000 and getting $180 back, but oh well

It appears they are sending a $5 gift card to take care of the 10 cents they left in the account (I had an e-mail).

So I have that I contributed $2399.10 and got an extra $124.85, so about 5.2% better than a Target gift card churn and less work.
I was planning on getting up to 9,000 and getting $180 back, but oh well

I haven't received one email since this all began. Checked spam too. I have 47 cents left in mine and was hoping for the $5 gift card as well. Wondering if it's even worth sending them an email.

I haven't received one email since this all began. Checked spam too. I have 47 cents left in mine and was hoping for the $5 gift card as well. Wondering if it's even worth sending them an email.
Personally, for $5 I'd shoot them an email, I wouldn't waste time on the phone but I wouldn't mind dashing off a quick email.

I had $11 left in mine. I chose the do nothing option. Haven't heard a word from them since very beginning.

The original e-mail said that they would begin closing accounts that chose Option 3 (do nothing option) after Sept 27th. It then said "sometime after that date you will receive a full refund on your balance" It also says due to the nature of the the program you may experience delays in the refund process. For the bonus card it said to allow up to 15 days to get it.

I'm hoping I get both by the 16th or so I can use them on my trip and or pay part of the Memory Maker we are splitting with family, but at this point I am not holding out hope for the bonus card. I only had $25 in there anyway as I had just started to load my account for this trip, so I'm only looking at a total of $30 anyway.

I had ~$7.00 in my DVA when they announced it was ending. I didn't do anything or follow-up with DVA at all.

On 10/3 I received an email indicating that I would receive a check for the amount in my DVA in 7-10 business days. It also said that I would additionally be receiving a $5.00 digital Disney GC via email. I have not received that yet.

Finally received my first email from DVA right now (since they announced the ending of the program):

"Greetings! We are beginning the final phase of closing the Disney Vacation Account program.

Your closing account balance was $.047 and as a thank you for participating in the program, you will be receiving a Disney Gift Card eGift in the amount of $5.00, which includes your closing balance. You will receive a separate email containing details on how to access your bonus Disney Gift Card eGift."

Woo hoo! I noticed they put $.047 rather than $0.47 but whatever they give me I'll be happy with!

I had ~$7.00 in my DVA when they announced it was ending. I didn't do anything or follow-up with DVA at all.

On 10/3 I received an email indicating that I would receive a check for the amount in my DVA in 7-10 business days. It also said that I would additionally be receiving a $5.00 digital Disney GC via email. I have not received that yet.
Just a follow-up. According to USPS Informed Delivery, my check is arriving today. I also received my $5.00 digital Disney GC today via email.

I think there were some problems. I got an email with a gift card for about $90 made out to another name. Then immediately an email that the gift card wasn't good. Then I got an email with my $5 gift card, which I transferred to disneygiftcard.com

For the record. I chose option one some time back. DVA sent me two emails that had giftcards for everything in my account plus 5%. Except they left $0.10 in my account for some reason. (I was able to pay on our cruise with the giftcards)

Then I got the email that I would be getting a $5 gift card to take care of the ten cents. And now I have.

Are there still others who have heard nothing after leaving the funds in their account? Seeing the last few posts of people getting emails/gift cards gives me hope.

Are there still others who have heard nothing after leaving the funds in their account? Seeing the last few posts of people getting emails/gift cards gives me hope.
I wouldn’t be too worried. I heard nothing from them at all until 10/03, and then I received my refund promptly after that. The language in the message they sent to inform of DVA ending seems to imply that people are being contacted/refunds are being issued on a rolling basis.
Option 3
Do nothing. Starting after 9/27/17, Disney will begin to close Disney Vacation Accounts and process refunds. If you have funds in a Disney Vacation Account after 9/27/17, then sometime after that date you will receive a full refund of your balance to your original form of payment or by check to the mailing address we have on file for you. Due to the nature of the program, Guests may experience delays in the refund process.

If you just want resolution, you could contact DVA at the number from the “Contact Us” section of their website: (407) 939-7734

I've also still heard nothing from them since the first email saying the program was ending and what my options were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter