Disney Visa & MagicBands

simonsayz

Loving Dis!
Not sure where to put this or if it was answered.

I am a Disney Visa holder and I want to take advantage of the 10% discount of $50 or more. If I link it to my magicband, would I still get the 10% off? Or I still need to carry the card around me?

I thought we were also required to charge the discounted purchase on it?

I've used my redemption card to pay after showing my CC.
I do assume though that if you're going to charge it to the MB or a CC it does have to be a Disney visa in order to get the discount.

I also used my redemption card but I showed them the card then charged it to my band and used the redemption card to pay off the balance, but it's all the same thing

You'll have to bring the card. I don't think they'll give you the discount and charge to the MB because there is no way to guarantee the Disney Visa is actually charged.

Enjoy your vacation!

Thanks everyone. Kinda defeats the purpose of not carrying anything around since we have the magicbands

Thanks everyone. Kinda defeats the purpose of not carrying anything around since we have the magicbands

Magic band or not you should be carrying your CC, ID, insurance card, and small amount of cash anyways.
Some carts only accept cash, the system can go down so that they can't use your magic band to charge to your room, ID in case you need to show it with your CC and in case you'd like an adult beverage, and insurance card for medical reasons.
I feel going with nothing but a magic band is setting yourself up for problems.

Magic band or not you should be carrying your CC, ID, insurance card, and small amount of cash anyways.
Some carts only accept cash, the system can go down so that they can't use your magic band to charge to your room, ID in case you need to show it with your CC and in case you'd like an adult beverage, and insurance card for medical reasons.
I feel going with nothing but a magic band is setting yourself up for problems.

I still carry all of the important things, but I rather not be carrying my credit cards.

Ah, you are assuming that Disney created the Magic band for guest convenience!

Oh right, the magicbands are just to make more money from us through the purchases of ACCESSORIES. I will be honest, I like some of those add-ons, but too pricey.

I still carry all of the important things, but I rather not be carrying my credit cards.

Oh right, the magicbands are just to make more money from us through the purchases of ACCESSORIES. I will be honest, I like some of those add-ons, but too pricey.

Yes, they do make money of them but they can also track some of your spending and market to you based on what you do, where you go, where you eat, an easy way to get a handle on all your soft spots.

Not sure where to put this or if it was answered.

I am a Disney Visa holder and I want to take advantage of the 10% discount of $50 or more. If I link it to my magicband, would I still get the 10% off? Or I still need to carry the card around me?

OK, yes I'm late to the game but let me clarify this. So if I use my Disney Visa card at WDW and spend $50 or more I will get a 10% discount?
Would this be at Disney restaurants too or just the gift shops or where else?
Thanks

OK, yes I'm late to the game but let me clarify this. So if I use my Disney Visa card at WDW and spend $50 or more I will get a 10% discount?
Thanks

I think it applies to both Restaurants and Shops

Thanks
No. I wish! Check that list above for the specific places your discount is good. A few restaurants give 10%, many, but not all, merchandise gives 10% off $50 or more purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter