"Disney, what has to happen for you to decide that MDE does not work?"

I really think you totally missed his point.
You must have totally missed my point because what you said below is pretty much exactly what I've said from the very beginning.

I think that people get lost in threads like this. They don't read all of the posts because it is 6 pages and they don't understand the context of what someone is talking about. They just respond to the post in front of them. Then people start repeating the same thing over and over again until finally either a moderator closes it or it just dies.

Here is what I think. Disney is aware of the problem. They don't care because they are still raking in record profits, it would cost too much and it works most of the time. I don't believe they are building a new system or making changes to how the current one is managed. The system is outsourced and Disney has very little control over how it is written or patched together. The company may have tried to fix the problem but as mentioned by people more knowledgeable than I, it is a patch and MDE will continue to have problems. Customer service is reporting the complaints. The higher ups don't care because fielding complaints is the job of the customer service reps and because of what I said above. The only way it will get fixed is if the profits are down, other discounts aren't working to bring people in and they need every enticement they can get. This may be a major problem for a lot of people especially when the whole system goes down but it isn't affecting their profits enough to make them want to fix it. So don't hold your breathe waiting for MDE to get better.

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you! I'm lucky that I haven't gotten hit by it yet, but the stress of making FPs while hoping it doesn't collapse under me seriously screwed with me the other morning when I booked ones for my trip in November. It turned me off the whole thing and I'm kind of not even excited now. It will pass, we will have fun, but it's definitely time for something else! We are booking a cruise on Royal Caribbean for February, and for that the only advanced reservations I'm making are for the plane, and I can do that more or less at my leisure.

Matt
I'll take a ship over wdw anyday that ends in y. I don't even like fp+ when it's working. It's pretty much ruined WDW in my opinion.

my FP window was last Tuesday....it has come and gone....I can only make FP for myself because all my friends and family are gone (6 others in my travel party)....since we are traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday chances are slim and none that we will get any of the new rides....even though I was up at the crack of dawn on my FP day to schedule. ive called several times and they cant fix it...so here I sit with a very expensive Disney trip booked and dreams of riding the new rides essentially flushed down the toilet (unless I want to wait in a 3hr line for FOP)....I personally think if it wasn't working they should not let anyone book dining or FP until it IS working to make it fair for all....sent an email to Disney and got NO response. sent a tweet and was told to sign out and sign in...really???? ive done that a million times, tried the app, tried the website, tried different browsers, called IT several times.....here I sit waiting to book the left over FP when my account comes back up

my FP window was last Tuesday....it has come and gone....I can only make FP for myself because all my friends and family are gone (6 others in my travel party)....since we are traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday chances are slim and none that we will get any of the new rides....even though I was up at the crack of dawn on my FP day to schedule. ive called several times and they cant fix it...so here I sit with a very expensive Disney trip booked and dreams of riding the new rides essentially flushed down the toilet (unless I want to wait in a 3hr line for FOP)....I personally think if it wasn't working they should not let anyone book dining or FP until it IS working to make it fair for all....sent an email to Disney and got NO response. sent a tweet and was told to sign out and sign in...really???? ive done that a million times, tried the app, tried the website, tried different browsers, called IT several times.....here I sit waiting to book the left over FP when my account comes back up

This is my fear as well. I am not looking to borrow trouble, but when I read what happened to you I admit I am a bit nervous. As I said previously, Disney has created the circumstance that in order to gain the most satisfaction from a trip, booking so much in advance is necessary. If they cannot fulfill their end of this "contract" what is their responsibility? Like you, I have thousands and thousands tied up in a trip and am not likely to be happy if I cannot book FP at the appropriate time.

While online platforms app's and other conviences of modern life are nice, I am becoming more and more jaded about them. From my professional life to my personal life they make things much more convient than they once were, they also add a level of frustration that sometimes seem worse than what it used to be. We are fortunate to date that dispite having issues booking FP+'s at 60 days we have yet to experience any other problems. That may certainly change next week since we will be there 9-22 through 9-29.

I have worked professionally since 1982 and while not in an IT function I rely on systems and computers functioning properly every day. I have seen the evolution through out my career from in house to outsourced IT and it has not been pretty. We went from having in house guys who knew the business and you could explain things to, to a system of outsourcing where the primary goal of the people you are working with is billable hours. We had a major system rollout two years ago and the thing still does not work! Management spent literally a billion dollars and are all over us every day to utilize the system but, it just plain does not function in a way we can utilize. We have an outside consulting group working with us to fix it, but they are slow want to have hundreds of meetings, and refuse to let us touch anything. The principle of the consulting group is in our office every day and is the happiest guy in the world. I would be too if I were billing a company as much as he is. The road that lead us down the path we are on was twofold, one making our process more effcientl, but secondly and more important to management was making it compliant with regulations stemming from the fall out of Enron and other trading companies.

As a result at the end of the day nothing works. With Disney they no doubt have executives who were highly rewarded for their efforts on the initial role out of MDE but subsiquint leaders are now being asked to add one more thing, and one more thing, and one more thing and the system cannot handle it. I also have noticed that for cost savings at work that we had a dispute with out IT service providor over server space so some higher up sold the company on the idea of shifting a lot of the starage capacity to the Microsoft Cloud. Great concept until a week into the new world Microsoft started "throttling" our systems due to high usage. So some executive made a bonus because he cut costs but we are now stuck with a global IT issue and ur system moves at a snails pace. I have the same issues at home, Doing anything online takes forever. But as it stands that is just now my new reality.

Disney is not immune to the issues I face everyday in my personal and professional life so while it is my "happy place" it seems to be subject the same everyday realities we all face. So I will print everything out and take it with me and cross my fingers that it works while we are there.

Added: I have not noticed any issues with the Disney Parks Shopping App, can't have a system where we make money not working now, can we?

Thanks to OP and others who've written about their problems with MDE on this thread and given us a heads up. I'd seen this thread up for days and only just read it this morning. We have a trip coming up on Thursday, so I went to MDE to check and sure enough, my H's tickets are gone...his AP, his DAH, and his MNSSHP (and his MVMCP for our next trip). And, just as others have reported, our MDE is also showing several ADRs that we cancelled long ago. I read on this thread that if you call they can restore the missing tickets, so I just called...and the message said that the wait would be over an hour! Really???

Will this get fixed on its own or do I really need to call back and be on hold for an hour? Last time I was on hold for that long with Disney it was for CP ADRs...and after being on hold for an hour and 20 minutes my call was disconnected. I had to call back and wait again for an hour and 40 minutes before I finally got through, so I really don't want to go through all that again.

Thanks to OP and others who've written about their problems with MDE on this thread and given us a heads up. I'd seen this thread up for days and only just read it this morning. We have a trip coming up on Thursday, so I went to MDE to check and sure enough, my H's tickets are gone...his AP, his DAH, and his MNSSHP (and his MVMCP for our next trip). And, just as others have reported, our MDE is also showing several ADRs that we cancelled long ago. I read on this thread that if you call they can restore the missing tickets, so I just called...and the message said that the wait would be over an hour! Really???

Will this get fixed on its own or do I really need to call back and be on hold for an hour? Last time I was on hold for that long with Disney it was for CP ADRs...and after being on hold for an hour and 20 minutes my call was disconnected. I had to call back and wait again for an hour and 40 minutes before I finally got through, so I really don't want to go through all that again.
I did the chat last night. They had to send an email to another department to get my missing ticket to show up. Said they are really busy (ya no kidding) and would email me when it was fixed.

Well I didn't get an email, but I checked this morning and my missing ticket is there. I'd go to the chat screen and just keep reloading your page till the chat button isn't greyed out anymore, I think it took me 3 refreshes. Good luck!!

My magic bands for the trip next month aren't showing up. All of my other bands (from old trips) show as still active. Since I am less than 30 days out I'm wondering if I will be getting the new ones I ordered.

I've been told by several people including a cast member that I could book fast passes over the phone. Have I been misinformed?

I called when we had missing tickets. They were able to fix the issue while I was on the phone.
The correct # of tickets continue to be visible to me in MDE since the fix.

I don’t understand how some people have gotten their accounts fixed. We have called twice, sent two emails (one from app and one from web - neither have gotten more than an auto response) and chatted online. I still get an error message for my resort reservation, I can’t make or change FP, and I can’t see tickets for all of my party. What gives?

I don’t understand how some people have gotten their accounts fixed. We have called twice, sent two emails (one from app and one from web - neither have gotten more than an auto response) and chatted online. I still get an error message for my resort reservation, I can’t make or change FP, and I can’t see tickets for all of my party. What gives?

I agree it's totally frustrating. I called when I had missing tickets. If they go missing again, I will call again. I have significant $$ invested in tickets, as do most of us here.

I still have old cancelled dining reservations showing, which is annoying. FWIW, I have found the dining line to be helpful with this. I tell them first thing I have the cancelled reservations issue, and I need help with a new one. (Because the old one sometimes blocks one a new one I do want to make.) They have successfully helped me several times.

The only thing I can figure is this is one huge IT issue. It's gone on much longer than I would have ever expected.

Last edited:
The only thing I can figure is this is one huge IT issue. It's gone on much longer than I would have ever expected.

It's really embarrassing at this point. You can't force your customers to use something, expect them to stress out and plan their vacation many months in advance, scrimp and save, and this is the software offered. People on the west coast get up at 4 in the flipping morning to try to get fastpasses. It's just getting crazy.

The ability to make fast passes is part of the ticket we pay so much for. In my mind Disney is not keeping there end of the deal and should refund
part of the ticket price if the system is down on the day we are supposed to make our fast pass plans.

Small issues compared to some but I am trying to work on a long weekend with my dd for our birthdays, we are both AP holders and I am only getting Canadian offers prior to the crash screen.

I have already had my entire DME re built with a new email and only done one trip since; but I am starting to see some of the same issues.

I have already moved my Thanksgiving trip over to Universal to avoid the issues with MDE as well as the room "security interruption" issues we had on the last two trips and I split my Christmas trip between Universal and Disney instead of just Disney.

If I can't get a room I can't go to Disney ……

My magic bands for the trip next month aren't showing up. All of my other bands (from old trips) show as still active. Since I am less than 30 days out I'm wondering if I will be getting the new ones I ordered.

Just chatted with a rep about this- same thing as you, all my old ones showing but the current/still-customizable ones aren't. She said they'd ship out on time...so I guess we'll see. Let me know if you get yours! I'm a few days before 30 (33) so I'll have a bit of time to wait.

Are you implying that I am not allowed to post my own opinion just because you already posted something similar?
That is flat out ridiculous. Where would you get such a bottom based on my post? Of course not

I simply pointed out I agreed with you. Heavens never knew that was such a contentious thing to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter