Disney Wonder 6 Night Western Caribbean January 3 2019

This is our first cruise. I have so many questions..lol! My husband and I are so excited and keeping it a secret from our kiddos will be so difficult. Have you participated in the FE before?

This is our first cruise. I have so many questions..lol! My husband and I are so excited and keeping it a secret from our kiddos will be so difficult. Have you participated in the FE before?

EVERY time! FE is the best.

What questions do you have? How old are your kids?

Disney cruises are the best. We’ve never been on the Wonder, so I’m excited about that!

Let me know how I can help!

Kids will be 11 and 16 when we cruise. Do you suggest first or second seating for dinner? They are very involved in theatre so will want to see all of the shows.
FE looks like so much fun. Is that organized closer to the sail date?

Kids will be 11 and 16 when we cruise. Do you suggest first or second seating for dinner? They are very involved in theatre so will want to see all of the shows.
FE looks like so much fun. Is that organized closer to the sail date?

We are doing 2nd seating this time. When they were younger, we did first.

The shows are really fun. The FE could be started whenever, I guess. I was thinking maybe be we should cap it at 10-15 per group and then have multiple groups. That way, if people want to join more than one, they can. But we will have to see what the experts have to say when they join the thread.

Lol!

Hi, we just booked our cruise today. We are so excited!!!! We are keeping it a secret from the kids and we are gonna tell them on Christmas day next year. How does the FE gift exchange work? I am excited about that.

Hi!!! This is our second cruise and we are all very excited.... It will be my husband and I and our two kids 11 and 7.... We did not do FE gift exchange on the first cruise but I will be interested in knowing more about it for this cruise.

Hi!!! This is our second cruise and we are all very excited.... It will be my husband and I and our two kids 11 and 7.... We did not do FE gift exchange on the first cruise but I will be interested in knowing more about it for this cruise.
It’s so much fun (FE). We loved it and it’s easy because you can just do whatever you are comfortable with. Some people do several days, some do only one. It’s really just whatever you want to do. I’ve been in FE’s where we did the whole list, but I’d like to discourage that. I think it’s better if we cap at between 10 or 20 and then if people want to join more than one, they can. My daughter is 10 and the FE has always been one of her favorite things. She’d say, “Maybe there’s something in our pocket!” Every time we went back to the room! Lol

Hi, we just booked our cruise today. We are so excited!!!! We are keeping it a secret from the kids and we are gonna tell them on Christmas day next year. How does the FE gift exchange work? I am excited about that.

Welcome! For the FE, you buy (convenient on eBay) or make the pocket and hang outside the room. I’d like to cap our groups at 20, max. Some people are flying and bringing all that extra stuff can be a pain. And people can join more than one group if they have room for the exchange. Then, you just pick a day and go to the room numbers you are given in advance, and put your baubles in the pockets! Usually it’s a spreadsheet that someone (PLEASE, SOMEONE!) makes and sends you. Some people bring things for several days, some just for one day. It doesn’t matter. It’s just what you have room or desire for. It can be anything - look on other pages for some great ideas. We have had amazing things people make on their own or bring from their home state (tiny syrup bottles from VT, etc). Anything goes, really. Lots of magnets suddenly added to our door, just anything. It’s so fun! PM me if I haven’t droned on long enough and you need more info! We’d also have a Facebook group, so make and join that. I think you can just search for the dates and we can add you. Lmk if that doesn’t work!

Welcome! For the FE, you buy (convenient on eBay) or make the pocket and hang outside the room. I’d like to cap our groups at 20, max. Some people are flying and bringing all that extra stuff can be a pain. And people can join more than one group if they have room for the exchange. Then, you just pick a day and go to the room numbers you are given in advance, and put your baubles in the pockets! Usually it’s a spreadsheet that someone (PLEASE, SOMEONE!) makes and sends you. Some people bring things for several days, some just for one day. It doesn’t matter. It’s just what you have room or desire for. It can be anything - look on other pages for some great ideas. We have had amazing things people make on their own or bring from their home state (tiny syrup bottles from VT, etc). Anything goes, really. Lots of magnets suddenly added to our door, just anything. It’s so fun! PM me if I haven’t droned on long enough and you need more info! We’d also have a Facebook group, so make and join that. I think you can just search for the dates and we can add you. Lmk if that doesn’t work!
Awesome! That sounds like so much fun! The room we booked is one where we don't know the room number until the cruise gets closer, so will we still be able to do the FE not having our room number in advance?

Awesome! That sounds like so much fun! The room we booked is one where we don't know the room number until the cruise gets closer, so will we still be able to do the FE not having our room number in advance?
Not a problem! A lot of of people have that happen. The person who does the FE just adds your room when you get it. :)

First cruise!!!! My daughter & I will be taking a mommy daughter cruise. She won't know until her 7th birthday in a few weeks. I'm so excited!!!!
I don't even know where to start with planning. GLad I have a Disney travel agent! lol WHat to I need to know about FE?

Yay!!!!!!! 1st Disney cruise here we come!!!!!!!!!!! Me & my husband have cruised Carnival alone before but this is our 1st Disney cruise trip and our 1st cruise ever for & with the kiddos! Our son will be 9yrs old and our daughter will be 7 yrs old. Super Excited!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!