Disney World and Ft. Wilderness Christmastime Holiday Hints

BarbLynnM

ICMongeese
As the heading suggests, we'll be at Fort Wilderness for a couple of weeks through the holidays (yay!!!! Can't wait!). We've been to DW at the end of February so we know it can get cold, and we've both heard/read how busy it can be during these holidays. We've also stayed at Ft. Wilderness multiple times and are familiar with what the resort has to offer. I've done research, but I still feel as though there are probably hints I'm missing out on--I don't know what I don't know lol.

(P.S. we already have our dining reservations set up along with a reservation for the Candlelight Processional)

What would be the 3 to 5 most important tips you can share for a) camping at Ft. Wilderness during that time period and b) visiting DW theme parks during that time of year.

Last edited:
Are you camping or renting a cabin? Definitely bring plenty of decorations for a golf cart, if you have one. We hung plastic garland, stockings on the corners and plenty of battery lights on ours. Also brought a SoundPop bluetooth speaker and played Christmas music when we drove around the resort, especially looping through the decorations.

For the Ft. Wilderness - specific tips, you might try posting at the Camping at Disney World sub-forum. A lot of Ft. Wilderness experts are found there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts