Disney World

Tigger7570

Happiness is OKW
Just received a telephone call from my son saying they have shut down all of the theme parks and shopping. As we all know, Disney has always been talked about as a prime target for terrorists due to the share volume of people. Praise to Disney for acting quickly and thinking first and foremost of safety.

They must be worried since I believe it is only the 2ND time in WDW history that it has shut down. Last years hurricane was the first.

We're here now at WDW and yes, everything is closed except the resorts. I first heard about the parks closing when I was on the monorail. We were to leave this evening, but were able to keep our room for another night. All park cast members have been told to go home or stay home if they haven't arrived yet.

Disney is very cautious about security in the parks, and they make sure that everything is taken into account to protect it's guests. I was there when they closed for the hurricane, many of the guests that I talked to then thought that Disney jumped the gun for the hurricane and closed for no good reason because the storm did not reach Orlando. I was greatful that they did because with the large number of people at WDW evacuating everyone eould be impossible. Being at OKW was a distinct advantage then and I am sure that those DVC members at WDW now are sure glad that they have a comfortable place to spend the day.
My thoughts and prayers go out to those people in NY who have been affected by this terrable event.

Disney did the right thing and closed Disneyland as well. Disney is a target because of the volume of people, especially children. McVeigh selected his target specifically because the building housed a daycare that cared for the children of federal workers. Terrorists are full of hate and wish to inflict as much damage to the psyche of America as they can. Disney is a special bastion of Americana and our children represent our treasure and our hope. A man who worked in a high level of security at the Olympics in Atlanta said that over 2 dozen bombs were discovered and disarmed. We only heard about the bombs that went off. Disney would not be likely to disseminate information about averted incidents that may have already occurred. I totally applaud the decision to close the parks out of safety and recognition that today is not a day for revelry or fun. We are more vulnerable than we ever knew. The terrorists can't take our strength or unity away. They have only made us more aware and stronger. I watched in awe the live television feeds of police and firefighters streaming into the second tower even though it was clearly in danger of its ultimate collapse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter