Disneybounding

ColdNeverBotheredMe

Try Everything!
So I just found out about Disneybounding, which seems really awesome, since I've always wanted to cosplay but have never really had the time and energy to create full costumes, but it seems like a neat idea. It's basically like cosplaying, but not like a full costume, it's more trying to recreate the general style of a character. It seems like it's more about fashion than anything else. (in case you don't know)

Anyway, I really want to Disneybound on our upcoming trip this spring, but I'm torn between like.... a bunch of characters I'd love to do. Have any of you guys done it before or have any tips or suggestions?

The main ones I might like to try would be Honey Lemon, or Go Go from Big Hero 6, Candace from Phineas and Ferb, Mabel, Wendy, or Bill Cipher from Gravity Falls. I just can't decide which would be more fun! And yeah, I could do more than one, but we only have five days in the parks. Which one do you guys think I should do?

I want to do it on my next trip but I've never done it before

Consider several imsges of each character, many have mmultiple outfits that may be easier or harder to do.

You could buy a few things, like accessories, but you should try to look at your closet in different ways and try to be creative.

I bet for certain characters styling your hair like theirs goes a long way.

Hm, yeah, I'd rather not have to buy too much stuff for it, I'm gonna try and find stuff at home. Yeah good point, since a lot of characters have different outfits and stuff.

Yeah, that's a great idea. I have really short hair though so there's not much to style, unfortunately. The only character I could really do it for would be Go Go, and I'm blonde, so... xP But I have glasses almost exactly like Honey's, which was why that was my first thought.

Oh there's a thought! I hadn't thought of that, but I could easily style it like hers, it's already kinda styled like hers anyway. Adding to my list of possibilities haha

Definitely use Polyvore to help you. It's a good platform to help plan outfits.

I planned on bounding as Elsa at WDW on my last trip, but I didn't because it was a dress that I didn't feel like wearing to the parks that day :rolleyes1

I really want to bound as a couple of characters on my next trip and I'm using Polyvore because it's easy to get a feel for what you'd realistically be able to buy and wear.

Definitely use Polyvore to help you. It's a good platform to help plan outfits.

I planned on bounding as Elsa at WDW on my last trip, but I didn't because it was a dress that I didn't feel like wearing to the parks that day :rolleyes1

I really want to bound as a couple of characters on my next trip and I'm using Polyvore because it's easy to get a feel for what you'd realistically be able to buy and wear.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely use Polyvore. What characters were you thinking of doing?

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely use Polyvore. What characters were you thinking of doing?

Esmeralda, Ariel, Cruella, and a couple of others. I need to work out the details, but I definitely want to do at least one villain and at least one princess. Any excuse to wear a tiara ;)

I Disneybounded one time and it was as Jack Skellington (well it was more like a half Disneybound but anyway). I hope to Disneybound for my next trip as well.

Anyway, back to you.

I made collections on polyvore for different Disneybounds I made in the past. It's here.

Also, like everyone else is saying, don't spend too much money on it. Also make it simple and don't overdo it because if you overdo it you might have a hassle with your outfit in the parks.

I personally like the idea that Wings said about short haired Rapunzel.

Whatever you decide, it'll look great! :-)

I Disneybounded one time and it was as Jack Skellington (well it was more like a half Disneybound but anyway). I hope to Disneybound for my next trip as well.

Anyway, back to you.

I made collections on polyvore for different Disneybounds I made in the past. It's here.

Also, like everyone else is saying, don't spend too much money on it. Also make it simple and don't overdo it because if you overdo it you might have a hassle with your outfit in the parks.

I personally like the idea that Wings said about short haired Rapunzel.

Whatever you decide, it'll look great! :-)

You have some awesome disneybounds here!!!

There are a ton of Disneybounding pins on Pinterest. You can use that to help organize and save pictures you want to use as inspiration.

I've done some Disneybounding and if you have the time and want to put in the effort (which is a lot of fun in my opinion), then take your Pinterest app with you to your local thrift shops and hunt for cute, cheap options that would work for your chosen character. If you have a couple of months, I'm sure you can pull together great looks with minimal outlay of cash.

Also, if there is a particular item you need, put out the call on your Facebook. I posted once that I was looking for greenish blue skinny jeans for an Ariel look and it turns out a good friend had a pair she was happy to lend me for a week. So you can crowdsource your look too.

The great thing about Disneybounding is that it conceptual and about fashion - you don't have to look just like the character.

Cool, thanks for the responses! Silv, I'll make sure to check out your stuff on Polyvore! :) Jack Skellington is a great idea haha, that'd be great. Yeah, the Rapunzel idea seems like a pretty good one... I'm just not sure though because I really wanna do a BH6 or GF character, but I'm not sure how recognizable I'll be or if I'll be able to pull it off. But I'll see what happens!
Hm, yes, asking for friends' help, I can't believe I didn't even think of that! Thanks for the tip! :)

BH6 will be more recognizable because it's newer and a movie. Most people that are really into Disney steer clear of Disney Channel because most of it is crap, to be honest.

Yeah, very true. The only Disney Channel show I really see marketed in the parks is Phineas and Ferb, now that I think of it. At least at Disneyland, I dunno about Disney World.

Well, thanks for the input everyone! I went ahead and decided to do Honey Lemon, as per my family's recommendation, so I got together most of my stuff tonight, all I need is the headband. I'll post a pic of the clothes when I have everything (Not allowed to post pictures of my face, unfortunately)!
I wear glasses exactly the shape and size of hers, so that makes it easier, and I'm hoping my short hair won't keep me from being recognized. I'm tall with long legs too, so I'm hoping that'll help :)

Bill Cypher would be rad. I have only disneybounded once, as buzz lightyear, but I cosplay all the time, I'm going as three different people soon for a two day convention, and being there for five days, you could pull off two disneybounds! Honey Lemon is such a cute idea, she's adorkable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter