Disneyland and Walt Disney World Now Indefinitely Closed Amid Coronavirus Outbreak

Wow, sure glad I wasn't planning on going anytime soon. Sorry for all those who have been planning and now have to cancel those plans. I'm sure this is very hard for a lot of people but I guess it's better to be safe. I guess if it were me I would try to put a positive spin on it and start planning my next trip. I hope everyone out there stays safe and well.

I wonder how that will impact DVC cancellations.

I gifted a VGF studio and AKV CL studio to my niece and her husband as a wedding gift. They are supposed to be there in the latter part of May. I borrowed points for the AKV reservation and they will expire Aug 31. I contacted her about rescheduling her trip, told her that availability is drying up and tried to convince her to decide sooner rather than later. (I didn’t even try to explain that my banking deadline is April 30 for

She told me that Oct/Nov might be nice. That way they can see both fall and Christmas decorations. But she wants to wait.:headache:

I’m looking at the possibility of losing close to 200 points if she doesn’t decide soon.

I gifted a VGF studio and AKV CL studio to my niece and her husband as a wedding gift. They are supposed to be there in the latter part of May. I borrowed points for the AKV reservation and they will expire Aug 31. I contacted her about rescheduling her trip, told her that availability is drying up and tried to convince her to decide sooner rather than later. (I didn’t even try to explain that my banking deadline is April 30 for

She told me that Oct/Nov might be nice. That way they can see both fall and Christmas decorations. But she wants to wait.:headache:

I’m looking at the possibility of losing close to 200 points if she doesn’t decide soon.

Per the website they are going to be auto-cancelling reservations "within 7 days of the check-in date" so cancellations will be on a rolling 7 day window.

Assuming nothing changes with the banking/borrowing rules, consider booking Oct/Nov now.
Impossible to predict what occupancy will be like once Disney reopens

If it was me I would definitely try to explain to her how the system works and tell her if you lose the points you both lose. And really stress about the availability. Oct / Nov is most definitely going to be hard to book, especially with all of the cancelations & rebookings.

Per the website they are going to be auto-cancelling reservations "within 7 days of the check-in date" so cancellations will be on a rolling 7 day window.

I am not seeing that on the DVC site..where did you read that?

October and November, they are getting Saratoga or OKW. At best.

I just picked up 3 nights in a 1 bedroom at VGF at end of October, now that my guests for the May trip contacted me to possibly change it. They are deciding by tomorrow but I wanted to get something as a back up.

So, if people do it now, they may have choices

Last edited:
I just picked up 3 nights in a 1 bedroom at VGF at end of October, now that my guests for the May trip contacted me to possibly change it. They are deciding by tomorrow but I wanted to get something as a back up.

So, if people do it now, they may have choices

Yeah since we are at the 7 months for October DO IT NOW. Although I shouldn't say that since tomorrow Is my 7 months for October lol

But yeah Sept-Dec is going to fill up fast now.

If it was me I would definitely try to explain to her how the system works and tell her if you lose the points you both lose. And really stress about the availability. Oct / Nov is most definitely going to be hard to book, especially with all of the cancelations & rebookings.
October and November, they are getting Saratoga or OKW. At best.
I contacted her again. She wants Oct/Nov dates. Fortunately VGF is a points hog and May isn’t cheap even for studios, we’re talking a good number of points. Those points have a Dec UY, so they’ll be good for a while. I was able to get a 1BR at BWV for her in late Oct.

I used the AKV points that are expiring in Sept to book a CCV studio for 4th of July weekend this summer. I was very surprised to see it available.

So, not as bad as I thought it would be. I stand to lose only 4 points but I can live with that. Some people are losing their livelihoods over this pandemic. Four DVC points aren’t worth worrying about.

I contacted her again. She wants Oct/Nov dates. Fortunately VGF is a points hog and May isn’t cheap even for studios, we’re talking a good number of points. Those points have a Dec UY, so they’ll be good for a while. I was able to get a 1BR at BWV for her in late Oct.

I used the AKV points that are expiring in Sept to book a CCV studio for 4th of July weekend this summer. I was very surprised to see it available.

So, not as bad as I thought it would be. I stand to lose only 4 points but I can live with that. Some people are losing their livelihoods over this pandemic. Four DVC points aren’t worth worrying about.

Nice snags!! BWV during F&W is like a small pot of gold!! We really enjoyed the studios at CC the time we stayed there - and we loved going over July 4th the 1 time we did that. I'm sure you'll sleep better knowing you made these changes proactively now rather than stressing out later when everything is gone already!

I think ya done good!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!