Disneyland Hotel Pool question??

Room keys to enter. When we were there in March all had to have their room key to enter with CMs checking for them at the gates.

Room keys to enter. When we were there in March all had to have their room key to enter with CMs checking for them at the gates.

Are they issuing kids room keys, too? I haven't stayed onsite in years. I'm considering splurging again, but just curious how it works.

You need to insert your room key into the gate lock at the DLH pool to enter. But no wristbands needed after that.
While you can open the gate with just one key, on busy days, they often come around asking to see all keys. BTDT many times.

GCH pool uses wristbands, I was told it’s a recent change.
(from last Wednesday)
View attachment 330572
Sorry! I thought they were talking about Magic Bands, which open the gates at WDW pools.

We never did find time at DLH on our last visit to even try the pool. Maybe this year!

Glad they're taking it seriously though. If I'm paying to stay there, I would love knowing it's just hotel guests I'm competing with for space and chairs.

...Glad they're taking it seriously though. If I'm paying to stay there, I would love knowing it's just hotel guests I'm competing with for space and chairs.
It was hot last week, and the GCH pool was packed — every chair in use.

We had a cabana, which was very nice.
(more details soon)

It was hot last week, and the GCH pool was packed — every chair in use.

We had a cabana, which was very nice.
(more details soon)
I am glad to see they are taking this seriously. The DLH pool gets packed and hard to find a seat. (We love cabana too, but the kids like to swim daily!) Then you read about people wanting to bring family in since they are staying here. Makes it too busy.

I am glad to see they are taking this seriously. The DLH pool gets packed and hard to find a seat. (We love cabana too, but the kids like to swim daily!) Then you read about people wanting to bring family in since they are staying here. Makes it too busy.

I have for sure read on here about people asking if they can bring others to the pool. Or just Grandma to watch the kids. Ummm no if they are not paying to stay there they should not enjoy the amenities.

Are they issuing kids room keys, too? I haven't stayed onsite in years. I'm considering splurging again, but just curious how it works.

They’ve given all people in the reservation their own keycards since at least 2007 when we first stayed onsite...

They’ve given all people in the reservation their own keycards since at least 2007 when we first stayed onsite...

Thanks. We last stayed in 2013 and my oldest was not old enough to require a ticket, so I couldn't remember if they issued him a card or not. I like that they have a way to make sure no one is abusing the system. I almost wonder if it would be easier to have those stupid bracelets like WDW though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter