Disneyland Paris 1/2 Marathon 2nd Honeymoon - comments/friends welcome

Alysa

DIS Veteran
Today I nearly died. I ran a 5K today in 42 minutes. I've just finished my first week of running room training for a 10K. I've run 11 km this week. I have lost 1 measly pound. Plus I'll let you in on a secret: I hate running! I weigh as much today as I did pregnant at 8 months with my first. It's not a good look for me. I've never run a half marathon before. My beloved said "No flippin' way" so I'm doing this on my own. His only advice was "Please don't die."

We had our honeymooning in Paris. Fast forward 20 years. 3 kids, still very happily married and madly in love. But too busy and stressed. Not enough time for each other.

Goals for this journey: lose 30 pounds, complete a half marathon, earn enough in my business to have a beautiful, stress free 2nd honeymoon back in Paris with the man I've loved with all my heart for 20 years. Come run with me! I'd love to meet some friends that I can meet up with in Paris and run this with.

Last edited:
Well that sucks. This past week I ran 13 km but I have not lost any weight. Oh well, that just means I have to loose two pounds next week. Two birthday parties at the house over the weekend might have something to do with it. But today is a new day, right?! Plus I've been running really slowly on my own (too much going on to make the scheduled runs) but I've been doing hills and pushing my toddler in a running stroller so hopefully when I return to the running room Wednesday it will help me stay with the other runners. Wish me luck!

I am not running Paris this year (hopefully one day!) but I would love to follow along! I just started running last May (and I hate it too :upsidedow) I signed up for 3 Disney races this year. DH and I are doing an adults only vacation for the Tinkerbell half, I know how hard it can be to get mommy and daddy alone time. Have you ever been to DL Paris before? It sounds so exciting!

I am not running Paris this year (hopefully one day!) but I would love to follow along! I just started running last May (and I hate it too :upsidedow) I signed up for 3 Disney races this year. DH and I are doing an adults only vacation for the Tinkerbell half, I know how hard it can be to get mommy and daddy alone time. Have you ever been to DL Paris before? It sounds so exciting!
Hi! Thank you for stopping by! Hope you have a wonderful time at the tinkerbell half! What are the other two races? I see you have some serious Star Wars fans in your family - is that one of the races? Perhaps I should have got DH to do that one first to break him in more easily. He might be more likely to run if he was going to meet Chewbacca on the route. Are you doing a report? I'd love to follow along!
We've never been to Disnneyland Paris. There was just so much I wanted to see before and we never went. This year I just want to do the d'Orsay again, Rodin's Museum which was closed when we went before, and a day trip to Monet's garden. And the Eiffel tower of course. And maybe a nighttime river cruise again. :)

DH and I are doing Darkside (our first half) next month and we just did the Princess 10k in Feb. We usually just go over for a night since we are so close so I haven't done any trip reports ( I did do one for our disney cruise we went on in Jan and we did the castaway 5k). I will try to take lots of pictures this time! Paris sounds like so much fun, it has been so long since we have been to Europe. Once we had kids we pretty much have stuck with Disney.

So are you following any certain plan for running?

Ack! The scale still says total lost since I began: 1 pound! I'll be honest with you. I am not running because I love it (I don't) or I love being fit (well it would be nice) or that I enjoy the runners high (never experienced it) or that I want to be healthy and live a long time (which I do but I would much rather be doing other things. I am running because I want to lose weight and look good in a négligée on my 2nd honeymoon. I've run 15.46 km this week and at this rate I'll be pushing my walker by the time I've lost the weight I want to. It just seems hard that I've had to run 38 km per pound so far. "Please let me lose another pound this week, please let me lose another pound this week, please let me lose another pound this week!" ;)

It is really tricky to lose weight while running high mileage. Have you heard of the Mickey Miles podcast? It's on itunes and podbean and has a really great older episode with Tara Collingwood, Run Disney's dietitian that talk about why people gain weight when training. It might give you some insight - it helped me a ton

Hi Runner princess - those are fantastic podcasts! Thank you for telling me about them! I listened to that one (podcast 123 at http://www.mickeymilespodcast.com/listen/) and I took Tara's advice and have lost 3 pounds since then despite missing a 2 runs because of the flu (4.9km two weeks ago) and 1 run over Easter (9km last week)! And I ate more than a couple of Easter eggs! So thank you! I have some real guilt for missing so many runs but I went out today for more hill training. Still coming in last but at least I am coming in, so it's okay. Basically I have tried to cut out all sugar. I still miss my sweetened tea but I'm getting more used to it already. It's amazing how quickly things that used to be perfectly sweetened taste WAY too sweet.

By the way, I read that people feel that running journals shouldn't be commented on but I'm chatty and I'd love if you stopped by and said hi and gave me a link to your journal if you'd like a visitor! Have a magical day! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!