Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend 2018

For anyone who was there last year, I have questions about the race shirts. Realizing that European sizes are different from US sizes, if you live in the US, what size do you normally wear and what did you request? How did it hold up after repeated washings?

If anyone still has the shirts, and you are willing to measure, what are the shoulder seam to base of shirt and left to right measurements?

Various on line sites show that I either need to order my size, 1 size or 2 sizes up, but I do not want to end up with something that either looks like a dress or after a few washings not be able to wear due to shrinkage (like the WDW 5k shirt this year).

Thanks.

Great question above... also when do they ask for sizes? Also when do you have to have the physical thing turned in??

For anyone who was there last year, I have questions about the race shirts. Realizing that European sizes are different from US sizes, if you live in the US, what size do you normally wear and what did you request? How did it hold up after repeated washings?

If anyone still has the shirts, and you are willing to measure, what are the shoulder seam to base of shirt and left to right measurements?

Various on line sites show that I either need to order my size, 1 size or 2 sizes up, but I do not want to end up with something that either looks like a dress or after a few washings not be able to wear due to shrinkage (like the WDW 5k shirt this year).

Thanks.

No time to measure (don't know where my shirts are ;-) ) But last two years the sizes were really small, go at least one size up. Last year a lot of women initially had ordered a small, tried it on, and then asked medium. As a result, they were out of the medium-sized shirts for the challenge on the last days of pick up. I also seem to remember that several ladies who are well endowed on top, going for the men shirts, broader shoulders = more room.
I got myself a small and I didn't wear the shirts during the runs as they were too tight. Only after wearing /washing them a few times they fit better, but still not very comfortable. I will definitely order a medium-size this year, while I got a size 4 or 6 in regular clothing.

Great question above... also when do they ask for sizes? Also when do you have to have the physical thing turned in??

I believe they asked for the physical thing, latest Mid August? 4-6 weeks before the run. And I think they send out all the documents a few weeks after the general bib sale opened. But last year the bib-onlys were sold in June.

Nothing is forever unfortunately. The Disneyland half medal was the most consistent for years and then poof... tot story.

I do think it's pretty cool that the races will be villains themed. I do love the previous half medals, but a Maleficent one would be awesome. Have they ever done a villains themed race at Disney World?

I do think it's pretty cool that the races will be villains themed. I do love the previous half medals, but a Maleficent one would be awesome. Have they ever done a villains themed race at Disney World?
Star Wars Dark Side is this weekend, celebrating Darth Vader and all the galactic bad guys. The HM medal is the evil Captain Phasma.

Star Wars Dark Side is this weekend, celebrating Darth Vader and all the galactic bad guys. The HM medal is the evil Captain Phasma.

I meant more along the lines of traditional animated Disney properties. Even though Disney now owns Star Wars, it doesn't really come to my mind as a Disney "property." It's kind of like how if the Fox deal goes through, I'll never refer to X-Files as a Disney TV series.

I meant more along the lines of traditional animated Disney properties. Even though Disney now owns Star Wars, it doesn't really come to my mind as a Disney "property." It's kind of like how if the Fox deal goes through, I'll never refer to X-Files as a Disney TV series.
2015 Disneyland CA .... was villians theme (i guess) with 10k medal being the mirror, but half was anniversary so special medal and didnt have a theme

2015 Disneyland CA .... was villians theme (i guess) with 10k medal being the mirror, but half was anniversary so special medal and didnt have a theme
Yep - shirt was Maleficent, medal was the mirror from Snow White, and all of the meet & greets on the course/mile markers were villains. :teeth:

The men's size shirts were also small last year. I had to exchange mine for a size up. I can get the measurements if you need them for a men's.

Has anyone done dining at the parks besides quick service? I’ve been there twice for one day trips but never stayed onsite. I’ve only done quickserve so I’m looking for some Table service recommendations.

Could be the idea for the next rundisney event - the “Truth is out there” weekend. Half-Alien kids run, Muller 5k, Scully 10k, “Man with the Cigarette” HM, and the Alien Abduction Challenge. Maybe run through Pandora, Galaxy’s Edge, and the X-Files pavilion at EPCOT.

The men's size shirts were also small last year. I had to exchange mine for a size up. I can get the measurements if you need them for a men's.

Please? Whenever you have time. I already know that I need to order a men’s as I do not like how ladies T-shirt’s are cut.

Has anyone done dining at the parks besides quick service? I’ve been there twice for one day trips but never stayed onsite. I’ve only done quickserve so I’m looking for some Table service recommendations.

Check out the Disneyland Paris forum in the Other Lands section. I have been lurking there for months and this topic is one that has come up a few times.

I haven't done Walts and The Silver Spur in the Park, or Remy in the Studios, but for the others, I wasn't really impressed with the table service within the parks. I usually don't think it's worth my money.
Auberge = okay food, okay service, but overpriced due to the princesses
Captain Jack (only done this one before the refurbishment) = mediocre food, okay service, but too dark to see and enjoy what I was eating.
Plaza gardens = Buffet, I have friends who rave about the desserts, and they are nice, but the main courses were a bit bland.
Agrabah Cafe = Buffet, I really enjoyed the food here, but the service was weird, as we had to order the drinks before we were seated, and we didn't get a refill / she didn't came by to ask if we wanted more drink. Problem with this restaurant is it sometimes closes at 4.
Lucky Nugget = The food is a little above average. But still this is counter service food, brought to your table.

Either we eat at counter service, or go to the village for Annette's, Rain Forest Cafe, King Ludwigs or Vaipiano (not a favourite, but it's a nice place for a break).

Could be the idea for the next rundisney event - the “Truth is out there” weekend. Half-Alien kids run, Muller 5k, Scully 10k, “Man with the Cigarette” HM, and the Alien Abduction Challenge. Maybe run through Pandora, Galaxy’s Edge, and the X-Files pavilion at EPCOT.

A 10k in 3" heels?! You're a cruel person.

Now that you mention it, since Disney is changing everything to Intellectual Property they own instead of developing new ideas and content, I could live with one of the Innoventions being converted to X-Files. Old 90s cellphones, computers and a booth which kids can go in to hear what the dial-up Internet sounded like. Everyone needs a bit of horror in their vacation.

I'm wearing out my refresh button!

"Dear Runner, Our online booking site is currently experiencing a slowdown and we apologize for that. Rest assured that all means are currently being implemented."

Last edited:
Grrr....

Site Is Temporarily Unavailable

Sorry, but the site is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance or scheduled downtime. Please try again later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter