Disneyland Paris Will Reopen July 15 Village Nature Opens June 22

We are going to call tomorrow to see if we can re-book for December (we were supposed to arrive on March 23rd). Our trip is fully paid for and we didn't purchase the travel insurance, so keep your fingers crossed that they will allow us to move our trip!
I hope that too keep us informed.

I'm going to follow this thread. My parents were supposed to head there in early April and DVC is telling them they will lose their points if they cancel (less than 30 days out). I'm actually super disappointed in this policy. They've been members since 2001 and have never cancelled a trip before. You would think this situation would warrant a generous cancellation policy.

I'm going to follow this thread. My parents were supposed to head there in early April and DVC is telling them they will lose their points if they cancel (less than 30 days out). I'm actually super disappointed in this policy. They've been members since 2001 and have never cancelled a trip before. You would think this situation would warrant a generous cancellation policy.
With the fluid situation and more announcements on a daily basis I can't see the park open for much longer. Members of staff have it and Paris itself is not hygienic at all. (Disney is clean but I'd avoid Paris, its got so few restrooms and the metro is filthy, the public loos are shocking!)

Exceptional measures - Temporary changes to experiences and operations
https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-ie/guest-services/exceptional-measures-experiences-operations/
Disneyland Paris is open and welcoming guests. We are in regular contact with the French authorities, and based on their direction, we have temporarily amended some experiences and operations.

These changes, which you will find below, have been implemented on a temporary basis starting Thursday, March 12th, 2020 through Wednesday, April 15th, 2020:
Attractions
Our attractions continue to welcome our Guests. Their queue line capacities have been adjusted to comply with the latest government requirements.

Indoor and outdoor shows
Our theaters continue to welcome our Guests to enjoy the following indoor and outdoor shows (Mickey and the Magician in Animagique Theater, Frozen: A musical invitation in Animation Celebration, Motors… Action! Stunt Show Spectacular and Stitch Live). Their capacities have been adjusted to comply with the latest government requirements.

Parades and outdoor shows
Parades and shows presented outside (Frozen 2: An Enchanting Journey; Disney Stars on Parade; Princess Promenade; Disney Illuminations; First Order Recruitment; First Order March; The Imperial March; Legends of a Galaxy Far, Far Away; Star Wars: A Galactic Celebration; Disney Studio 1 musical orchestra) are temporarily suspended. There are other opportunities to meet our Disney Characters in our Disney Parks.

Restaurants
Our restaurants remain open. In Disneyland Park, the capacity of two restaurants (Café Hyperion in Discoveryland and Au Chalet de la Marionnette in Fantasyland) have been adjusted to comply with the latest government requirements as has the capacity of Billy Bob’s Country Western Saloon at Disney Village where the dance floor has temporarily been closed.

Shops
Our shops remain open. The capacity of World of Disney has been adjusted to comply with the latest government requirements.

The capacity of Disney Studio 1 building has been adjusted to comply with the latest government requirements.

Exceptional measures - Temporary adjustments to booking and cancellation policies
https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-ie/guest-services/exceptional-measures-booking/
To give Guests and Consumers the greatest flexibility, we have made temporary adjustments to our booking and cancellation policies for Leisure stays.
If you hold a reservation at a Disney Hotel for arrivals until June 1st 2020, we have waived all modification and cancellation fees until April 15th if you wish to postpone your date of arrival until Oct 15th 2020.

Any adjustments to our cancellation and modification policies for arrival dates after June 1st 2020 will be determined at a later date.

For all new reservations made through April 15th 2020, you will benefit from free cancellation for arrivals before Oct 15th 2020, excluding transportation (Transport carriers’ modification/cancellation policies will apply).
This policy may be modified at any time without notice. Please check this page regularly for updates.

I called WDTC (1 hour 40 in a queue) this afternoon, the standard cancellation policies are still applying because it's still open.

• You have up to 8 days before arrival to cancel and get 75% of your costs back.
  • Funds paid to a booking cannot be transferred to another booking that you already have without incurring the 25% penalty mentioned above.
  • You can't change your booking to a WDW booking.
We are due to arrive 30th March, the plan is to hold out up to 9 days out, if there is a closure, or FCO restrictions then it'll be full refund or Travel Insurance claim time!

Eurostar have not changed any policy as yet, so all you can do is amend for a fee, or lose your money unless the FCO put restrictions on.

I can tell you that when I used DVC points to book at TDL Ambassador Hotel back in 2017, a hurricane came though Japan and we were "stuck" in China for an extra 3 days. I checked into the hotel 2 days late (they were made aware that we were still coming) and when I called DVC when I got back, praying that I could get the points back, they were already refunded to me.

I realize the situation is a little different, but I think you are not going to be able to "know" until right up to the event or if they close the park in the next couple of weeks. I am not going until September, but I am using points again. The only way your parents would be able to recoup the cost of the points is if they had insurance on the points for each use year the points came from (i.e. i used points from 2019 and 2020 UY for this upcoming trip and would need to buy insurance for each UY).

I was supposed to arrive exactly 30 days from today. Realize that with climbing numbers and the US border closing most likely this will go longer than 30 days so cancelling everything. Hope we can try this again for next spring . . . .sad because my friend going with me is from Canada and because they are not closing her border yet the airline is making it difficult for her to cancel and her travel insurance won't kick in unless the government takes action.

I can tell you that when I used DVC points to book at TDL Ambassador Hotel back in 2017, a hurricane came though Japan and we were "stuck" in China for an extra 3 days. I checked into the hotel 2 days late (they were made aware that we were still coming) and when I called DVC when I got back, praying that I could get the points back, they were already refunded to me.

I realize the situation is a little different, but I think you are not going to be able to "know" until right up to the event or if they close the park in the next couple of weeks. I am not going until September, but I am using points again. The only way your parents would be able to recoup the cost of the points is if they had insurance on the points for each use year the points came from (i.e. i used points from 2019 and 2020 UY for this upcoming trip and would need to buy insurance for each UY).

Thank you! This is very helpful. I'll pass it along. My advice to them was to just like, hang tight and see what happens. I'm fairly certain that eventually they will be able to work it out for people who cancelled trips during this time. I get that they're trying not to LOSE money at this point---but points have already been "purchased", KWIM?

WAiting times look great... such a pity that my government just advised not to travel abroad if you don't have to.
That means that a day trip would be irresponsible, right?

*le sigh *

I'm sure Disney will be trying to work out the situation. It's so fluid. Announcements just out that schools and universities are now shut and people should avoid using public transport.

Hold tight. I'm sure all details will get clearer in the days ahead. Over an extra 500 confirmed cases today.

We are calling in the morning, but this part has me curious:
"To give Guests and Consumers the greatest flexibility, we have made temporary adjustments to our booking and cancellation policies for Leisure stays.
If you hold a reservation at a Disney Hotel for arrivals until June 1st 2020, we have waived all modification and cancellation fees until April 15th if you wish to postpone your date of arrival until Oct 15th 2020. "

We won't be able to head over until mid December if we can reschedule. I wonder if that Oct 15th 2020 means you have to go by then if you reschedule, or if they will allow you to book for any time after that.

I'll let ya'll know what I find out tomorrow after calling. :) Stay healthy everyone!

We are calling in the morning, but this part has me curious:
"To give Guests and Consumers the greatest flexibility, we have made temporary adjustments to our booking and cancellation policies for Leisure stays.
If you hold a reservation at a Disney Hotel for arrivals until June 1st 2020, we have waived all modification and cancellation fees until April 15th if you wish to postpone your date of arrival until Oct 15th 2020. "

We won't be able to head over until mid December if we can reschedule. I wonder if that Oct 15th 2020 means you have to go by then if you reschedule, or if they will allow you to book for any time after that.

I'll let ya'll know what I find out tomorrow after calling. :) Stay healthy everyone!
Good luck with calling. I was on hold for 2.5 hours and finally hung up. I tried later in the day and disconnect exactly at 2 pm (my time) when phone lines closed.

ABC news is reporting Disneyland Paris closing as well as WDW. 480552
my trip was planned for the 25th but we haven’t had the chance to reschedule yet. We haven’t gotten through to Delta, the wait time for customer service quoted over 6 hours!

Operational Update – March 12, 8:20 p.m.
March 12th, 2020
In an abundance of caution and in the best interest of our guests and employees, we are proceeding with the closure of our theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Paris Resort, beginning at the close of business on Sunday, March 15, through the end of the month.
Disney Cruise Line will suspend all new departures beginning Saturday, March 14, through the end of the month.

The hotels at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Paris will remain open until further notice. The retail and dining complexes, Disney Springs at Walt Disney World and Disney Village at Disneyland Paris, will remain open.
Domestic Walt Disney Company employees who are able to work from home are being asked to do so, including those at The Walt Disney Studios, Walt Disney Television, ESPN, Direct-to-Consumer, and Parks, Experiences and Products.
We will continue to stay in close contact with appropriate officials and health experts.

ABC news is reporting Disneyland Paris closing as well as WDW. View attachment 480552
my trip was planned for the 25th but we haven’t had the chance to reschedule yet. We haven’t gotten through to Delta, the wait time for customer service quoted over 6 hours!
I went to the airport Delta counter last night to change my ticket. It was empty and no line. I was glad I did it in person because we were switching to a more complicated itinerary (flying in and out of different cities) and it would have been harder to explain over the phone. The agent was very pleasant and we were out of there quickly.

I went to the airport Delta counter last night to change my ticket. It was empty and no line. I was glad I did it in person because we were switching to a more complicated itinerary (flying in and out of different cities) and it would have been harder to explain over the phone. The agent was very pleasant and we were out of there quickly.
I didn’t even think of doing that! Looks like that’s where I’ll be headed tomorrow. Thank you!

The issue with a EU company is that all your information is available in many languages, translations can take time. And the wording of the message is very tricky. That is probably what is causing the delay in updating the website.

Yesterday it took me most of the day to update a part of our company's website, most time lost is in people discussing 1 sentence explaining 'in the light of the global circumstance...'
I knew at 9:00 what I had to do, it wasn't till 15:00 till most of it was done.

Well that’s not a real surprise after DL in California announced the closure..
But nonetheless it is sad for everyone planning a trip in the next days/weeks...
But health is more important...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts